Sponsored

How many former 5th Gen Camaro owners? Thinking about jumping over

305GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badass
I had a 2010 Camaro for 3 years enjoyed it very much, had to part with it after starting a family after plenty of hard work I am ready to jump back into the muscle car world. I really like the new 2015 Stang strongly considering it, honestly I am waiting for May 16th to check out the Camaro before running to the dealership and handing them my money on PP GT.

Was wondering if there were any other former Camaro5 owners that could chime in and share there experience with changing over brand good or bad.

Thanks

A picture of my 5th gen.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Maybe thePill can enlighten you, he's camaro's most wanted

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Well, never owned a Camaro... all I can tell you is that I went to a chevy dealership sat it one, and immediately left. I couldn't live with that interior every day. No doubt the new one will be much, much better though.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Over the years I have owned many Mustangs & every generation of Camaro. Currently have a 2013 Mustang GT. After I upgraded the crappy brakes & sloppy handling it is a fun car to drive. The 2015 Mustang is a huge improvement in many areas but is plagued with 1st model year qualtiy issues.

I'm waiting to see what 2016 brings. I want a GT auto with PP which isn't offered yet or a new Camaro depending how it turns out but then I'll probably wait until 2017.

Here's our 2012 Camaro SS/RS that we traded for a new 2014 SS Sedan.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP

305GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badass
Besides the brand bashing which is always fun, I would really like to hear from someone who has owned both models. I know the downside and the upside of the Camaro would really like to know more about the mustang from someone who knows both cars.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
A good friend of mine had a 2011 camaro SS manual, which I got to drive a few times. I'll sum what I experienced up.

You just need to drive them both. The engines feel quite a bit different. The coyote pulls harder stock from 4500RPM and on, while the LS3 pulled harder up to that point. It's really what do you want, punched in the face from the get go (LS3) or to be shoved back into your seat harder and harder as you accelerate (coyote). Rowing the gears is more fun in the coyote, but the LS3 felt more visceral to me. That's just my opinion. However after driving the LT1 in the C7, I definitely recommend waiting until Ford counters in a few years (2017/2018) as I do give the nod to the LT1 versus the current coyote. Obviously, that LT1 being in the much lighter vette might have something to do with it, but still. The current coyote is essentially a tooled up Boss 302 engine. This leads me to believe an update will be coming soon, as this has happened before. In 2010, Ford released the Mustang GT with a tooled up Bullit motor and released the new 5.0 the year after, so we'll probably see a new engine next year (2017).

The mustang has a much better interior/cabin/window space obviously, but that could all be changing once GM reveals the new interior. If they take some inspiration from their C7, they might find some pretty good success.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I had a 12' 1Lt Camaro and a 12'1SS Camaro. Liked both Camaros. Never had an issue with either one mechanically or quality control including panel alignment issues. Then again i don't have panel alignment issues or mechanical issues with the Mustang either.

Being in both Camaro's and now the Mustang i can tell you that the Mustang interior is much better. I like the symmetrical dash and the quality of the interior is way better. The biggest down fall of the current gen. Camaro is how big it is. Hugh blind spots and very heavy.

I want to see what the 16' Camaro brings. I'm sure i will go and check one out in person. No matter how much better it is than the current one or if it even is better than the 15' Mustang i won't be getting one. I really like my Mustang and i especially won't be selling or trading my Mustang to get one. I'm done with losing money due to trading cars. I plan on keeping this one for a few years and pay it off. Probably going to do a bigger turbo and more performance parts in a year or two.

With the little info i've seen on the net about the 6th gen Camaro it pretty much looks like it will be similar to whats out now but who really knows? I'm not a fan boy of either Ford's or Chevy's. I've had plenty of Camaro's and Mustang's in the past. I hope Chevy does well with the Camaro and wish them luck :cheers:

Sponsored

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I had a 12' 1Lt Camaro and a 12'1SS Camaro. Liked both Camaros. Never had an issue with either one mechanically or quality control including panel alignment issues. Then again i don't have panel alignment issues or mechanical issues with the Mustang either.

Being in both Camaro's and now the Mustang i can tell you that the Mustang interior is much better. I like the symmetrical dash and the quality of the interior is way better. The biggest down fall of the current gen. Camaro is how big it is. Hugh blind spots and very heavy.

I want to see what the 16' Camaro brings. I'm sure i will go and check one out in person. No matter how much better it is than the current one or if it even is better than the 15' Mustang i won't be getting one. I really like my Mustang and i especially won't be selling or trading my Mustang to get one. I'm done with losing money due to trading cars. I plan on keeping this one for a few years and pay it off. Probably going to do a bigger turbo and more performance parts in a year or two.

With the little info i've seen on the net about the 6th gen Camaro it pretty much looks like it will be similar to whats out now but who really knows? I'm not a fan boy of either Ford's or Chevy's. I've had plenty of Camaro's and Mustang's in the past. I hope Chevy does well with the Camaro and wish them luck :cheers:
Which is faster in your experience? Your Camaro ss or mustang?

Furilic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
I traded in my 14 RS for the 15 GT and no regrets so far. Wait until the May 16th reveal and if it doesn't suit your taste then jump onto the mustang bandwagon, both cars are amazing but the Mustang is overall a better bang for your buck car.

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
I traded my 2013 Camaro for a 2015 Mustang, I will never go back to Chevy.

OP
OP

305GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badass
I traded my 2013 Camaro for a 2015 Mustang, I will never go back to Chevy.

What makes you say that if you don't mind elaborating?

What's it like modding these things? My issue with the fords is how tight the engines bay always seem to feel for instance installing headers you have to practically tear half the stuff out to get to the space needed to get the job done. I also have questions regarding the panels such as the trunk and hood I went to the dealer and was touching the car to get a feel for it and these sections feel loose or thin on sheet metal my worry is the flex while driving is it noticeable?

I have had Chevys (Camaro, Vette, Silverado,Avalanches), Dodges (ram and Srt8 Magnum) never owned a ford but been tempted a couple of times to try it out especially a Mustang back in 06 and now.

I can honestly say I will never own another dodge product as long as I live they SUCK...