Sponsored

Clutchless shift M6 2018 GT

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I just wanna point out that my 10 speed auto allows me to no lift shift and i don't have to use a clutch. it's putting power to the ground 100% of the time baby.. :cheers:
LMAO!! :lol: ^^^ same for me too :cheers:

ā€”
My prior 96 Cobra with that POS T45 5spd, after coming outta 1st @7500rpms would let me shift into 2nd sometimes without clutching it... might also explain why it would just pop out of 2nd by itself sometimes too... :eyebulge:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
*flamesuit on*

I shifted without the clutch today. No problem. gear to neutral, let revs drop with the gentlest pressure on the stick, & snick right into the next gear. Doesn't sound like that's what the salesdimwit did though. It's also not something I'd do often, but good to know I could if my knee goes out or something.
Yes - nothing new with manual transmission cars. I've done it more than once over the years when a clutch went out. Once drove a friend's car 400+ miles home that way - the slave cylinder went out and no parts stores stocked it. Fnd a new dealership.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'm 33 and had a similar experience. :cheers: I did a quick test drive on a Friday with the salesman in the passenger seat. 10 minutes later, I had dealer tags and an extended test drive through the weekend. I was surprised they allowed that on a car with less than 50 miles on the odometer.

It did give me a chance to get the wifey's seal of approval before buying it the following Monday.

Regarding shifting without using the clutch, I agree with others that it's fairly easy to do as long as you time the revs right. Although, it's probably best to not make a habit out of it. Oh, and do NOT force it. It'll go into gear without force if you hit the timing right.
34 here. Test drive? I just took the car home and never went back. :headbang:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Dealer threw the keys to me and said have fun! Plus I received $50 gift card from the auto show! Win Win!

Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
do you actually have to push pedal to the floor to use nolift feature?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
do you actually have to push pedal to the floor to use nolift feature?

"No-lift..."

Mean, you already have to have your foot on the throttle, you just don't have to lift off the gas, While you press the clutch and shift the gear, then ease the clutch back in.

The car will now rev-match for you, or if full throttle allow for a no-lift shift as you stab your gears.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

"No-lift..."

Mean, you already have to have your foot on the throttle, you just don't have to lift off the gas, While you press the clutch and shift the gear, then ease the clutch back in.

The car will now rev-match for you, or if full throttle allow for a no-lift shift as you stab your gears.
that's what I expected it to be, but almost every post about it or youtube demo
mentions "to the floor". So I started thinking it only works when you push accelerometer to the floor.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I've been doing no-lift shifts since 2000.

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
So for the 2018, does no lift simple disengage the throttle when the clutch is fully pressed, and then modulate power as the driver releases the pedal?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It essentially drops the rev limit to the torque peak while the clutch is disengaged.
No, it keeps the RPM at/near red-line in between shifts. You don't want to drop the RPM to peak torque before you shift into the next gear....as the shift itself will drop the RPM to meat of the power-band.

I've been doing no-lift shifts since 2000.
Haha, agreed. :thumbsup:

So for the 2018, does no lift simple disengage the throttle when the clutch is fully pressed, and then modulate power as the driver releases the pedal?
No, it allows the car to bounce off of a soft rev-limiter in-between shifts. Previously (if you weren't quick enough) the car would hit fuel cutoff and kill the engine temporarily.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I love how anything a person doesn't understand suddenly becomes a "feature".

Like, the "Auto Creep In Traffic Feature" or the "Raises my idle with foot on clutch" feature.
"Engine explodes into tiny little shards when I redline it for an hour" feature....

Have these folks never used an automobile before? I'll admit, Power-Shifting is a somewhat more Advanced technique that a person learns over time but.... c'mon.... you had to have seen at least ONE of the Fast & Furious movies.....

Now, Power-Shifting has become a feature. Jesus Christ. No sonny-boy, that's something we've been doing since the 40's. Ask Herb McCandless....

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
No, it keeps the RPM at/near red-line in between shifts. You don't want to drop the RPM to peak torque before you shift into the next gear....as the shift itself will drop the RPM to meat of the power-band.

No, it allows the car to bounce off of a soft rev-limiter in-between shifts. Previously (if you weren't quick enough) the car would hit fuel cutoff and kill the engine temporarily.
Just to be pedantic... this is contradictory. :thumbsup:

It may not drop the rev-limiter to the exact torque peak, but just above it. That "soft rev-limiter" is at around 5,500 RPM.

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So I still donā€™t see any definitive answer on whether or not the no-lift shift feature is on the 2018s or not. Yes anyone can do this without the extra feature, but I want to know if Fordā€™s ā€œno-lift shiftā€ feature is or isnā€™t present on these cars. Iā€™ve tried it on my 2018 but it feels like any other can Iā€™ve done a no lift shift in, violent, lol.
Sponsored