Sponsored

Ford Axing all cars except Mustang and Focus Active Crossover in North America

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Well the last Focus rolled off the line Thursday morning...

As for Ford's Future..?

I can see me having a Bronco for winter and hauling/camping, etc..
AND a Mustang.

Though, I could easily substitute the Bronco for the new unannounced mini-bronco, or even the Focus Active. Sport & Sport Utility...
Bronco II

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Well the last Focus rolled off the line Thursday morning...

As for Ford's Future..?

I can see me having a Bronco for winter and hauling/camping, etc..
AND a Mustang.

Though, I could easily substitute the Bronco for the new unannounced mini-bronco, or even the Focus Active. Sport & Sport Utility...
I was impressed with the Eco-Sport interior, until I drove it, oy vey. I would love to see the Bronco when they release it. It will definately be on my radar as a replacement for my Edge.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang gt
But how good are the chances they'll bring the height back down under 60" (better yet, 58")? I think the EcoSport is currently the shortest of the bunch at about 65" tall, which is still several inches taller than anything I'd ever consider.

That certainly would be exciting . . . and worth waiting for if they can stay away from "tall".

Norm
I am not sure the tallness will be especially noticeable, handling wise. The track is 2 inches or so larger as well, so that should help a bit. Cars in general have "grown up" a bit in the last decade. A Ford Taurus is about 7 inches taller than my sn95, a charger isn't that much better.

A srt8 jeep is just as fast around a track as an srt8 challenger, comparing car and driver "lightning lap" times (admittably from different years). IDK I don't think 99 percent of people will care, if Ford can get the pricing similar. however the whole reason they are killing cars , is to raise transaction prices. So I am not sure how that is going to work. Seems Ford is just giving away the sub 18k market.

I honestly misread the article a bit, I thought ford was keeping the Focus, but it appears they are only keeping one model variant of it. I tell you what though, if ford made raptor like 'rally' variant of the Focus Active, I bet it would sell like hotcakes. Kinda looks a lil like a rally car with the raised suspension.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
The issue I have is this, the Fusion sells in large numbers, always has and I see the damn things everywhere so it's not like the writing is on the wall for the demise of sales for this car. The only reason why sales would slump is the lack of updating Ford has given this great car which forces a decline in sales.
Every.Single.Sedan.Is.Losing.Sales.

This is not exclusive to the Fusion, it's something in general. Every manufacturer is having its sedan sales reduced.

Ford almost built the Probe as a Mustang, millions including me wrote in and dared them to try, they would never buy another Ford if they did it. Ford got the message loud and clear, don't be stupid and we have the current S550 which is awesome because of it.
The truth behind that is that Ford wanted the Probe to be "a mustang" but not "The Mustang". The intention was to sell both cars side by side: The Foxbody Mustang for the typical customer and the Probe (Mustang Sport? maybe named something like that) for a younger audicence so they could increase their market. Ford wanted to make the "Mustang" a sub-brand like Hyundai did with the Genesis.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Though, I could easily substitute the Bronco for the new unannounced mini-bronco, or even the Focus Active Sport & Sport Utility...
Bronco II
Apparently it will be called "Ford Maverick"
Why? That's how an "off road SUV" was called overseas sold between 1988 and 2005, even the First Gen Escape sold overseas got that name (And since the new SUV will be based on the first/second gen escape, it makes sense.

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-ford-maverick-is-set-to-make-a-comeback
dfdf.jpg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This is the baby Bronco:

ford-baby-bronco-frontquarter-copy-1.jpg

And it is suppose to be capable.

:ford:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am not sure the tallness will be especially noticeable, handling wise. The track is 2 inches or so larger as well, so that should help a bit.
It still makes for a disadvantage, vehicle dynamics-wise.

Talk about timing, my son-in-law tells me that barely a couple hours ago, somebody managed to flip one of those things over while turning off a secondary highway into a parking lot driveway, about a mile from my house. Whether it was struck by another vehicle or its driver misjudged a curb and ran over it tipping the vehicle probably doesn't matter.

A few years ago, Acura came under fire for one of their SUVs being unusually susceptible to "trailing throttle oversteer". So instead of fixing those vehicles mechanically, they tweaked the stability control system. IOW, a band-aid, where surgery was really the patient's best option. I doubt that this sort of "fix" has been limited to Acura.

Agreed in particular about chopping off as many of the entry-level options as seems to be the case possibly becoming a case of penny-wise, pound foolish.

On tallness for its own sake, I suspect that the more chair-like seating that typically results runs counter to making very fine adjustments on the pedals.

Norm

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Honda and Toyota hyst refreshed the Accord and Camry and they are pretty much "ALL NEW" and they are having problems selling them. So much so that Toyota is doing heavy incentives on them.
I'll admit that is pretty striking considering the Camry is one of the fastest selling cars in the country.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this will never happen not enough profit in a 2door suv, cuv
Ford-Compact-Off.jpg

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
One thing that is very interesting is Jeep sold almost as many Wranglers last month as Toyota sold Camrys.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll admit that is pretty striking considering the Camry is one of the fastest selling cars in the country.
Based on the number I've seen on the road, I wouldn't say they're having a problem selling them. Honda just put some much better discounts on the Accord which is why I bought one. Both of these cars have always had pretty aggressive discounts due to the number made.