OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Why wouldn't this handle the horsepower from a NA car? I was eyeing these myself.
I'm pretty sure they would handle an NA car just fine. I think he was just saying for the money, you could get the aluminum DS that is rated higher.

I'm staying N/A so the base QA carbon fiber ones would satisfy my needs. Even with cams/Boss or CJ or Edelbrock manifold/LTHs, I don't think you would be able to go beyond 500 rwhp / 450 rwtq (guessing), so they would be fine even for an aggressively cammed N/A car.

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
OK, that's what I was thinking as well. I thought maybe I was missing something there that wasn't obvious.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
OK, that's what I was thinking as well. I thought maybe I was missing something there that wasn't obvious.
His point is well taken though, because you never know what mods you'll want in the future. Although I am 99.99% sure I'll stay N/A with my car, I do read all the forced inductions threads and dream about a Whipple or TT set-up, but logic and common sense bring me down to earth.

I guess if there is a chance you'll go FI in the future, it would make sense to get the higher rated (aluminum) DS for less money.

But, I'm considering this lower rated carbon fiber QA1 because it is less expensive (by about $500) than the DSS carbon fiber one.

Also, I'm hoping any increase in NVH will be tempered by the CF material.

Did you consider the DSS carbon fiber one's too?

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
now thats what ill need. Sweet. :headbang:

Who said anything about na? No one said what the application was going to be. Most people looking at carbon units go for them for the power rating. Which requires FI.
You're thirst for power is well documented!!! For some reason, I think you're well capable of building something that can challenge the 2000 hp / 1500 lb-ft rating of that DS :headbang:

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
BTW, I'm looking at CF DS for the weight reduction mostly.

I'm trying to shed as much weight from my car (wheels, front rotors, full exhaust, DS) before anything else. I know its probably easier and cheaper in the long run to go FI, but I'd like to see how much weight I can shed while retaining daily drivability and take it from there.

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Did you consider the DSS carbon fiber one's too?
Yea, I looked at those and just had to draw a line at the price. When I saw the QA1's I became very interested. I think Stang TV had a post on them. I'm hoping to cut down on NVH from mods too. I've heard that you can expect a very small gain in WHP with a CF driveshaft and some people even report mileage increases, though that wouldn't be a reason for me to purchase one.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
You're thirst for power is well documented!!! For some reason, I think you're well capable of building something that can challenge the 2000 hp / 1500 lb-ft rating of that DS :headbang:
Oh i could. But i dont want to spend that much. 1500 crank is enough for me. It would be the most powerful car ill have ever built. Most powerful car to date did 1289rwhp and trapped 170mph. :lol:

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Yea, I looked at those and just had to draw a line at the price. When I saw the QA1's I became very interested. I think Stang TV had a post on them. I'm hoping to cut down on NVH from mods too. I've heard that you can expect a very small gain in WHP with a CF driveshaft and some people even report mileage increases, though that wouldn't be a reason for me to purchase one.
Yup, the DSS one's are pricey. Probably since they were the first and only ones out for a while. Like you, I find the QA1 priced more attractively.

OP
OP
socalsnake

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Oh i could. But i dont want to spend that much. 1500 crank is enough for me. It would be the most powerful car ill have ever built. Most powerful car to date did 1289rwhp and trapped 170mph. :lol:
DAMN! That's awesome. Most cars must feel like golf carts to you. Driving around in 170 mph trapping car must feel like being superman :hail:

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
BTW, I'm looking at CF DS for the weight reduction mostly.

I'm trying to shed as much weight from my car (wheels, front rotors, full exhaust, DS) before anything else. I know its probably easier and cheaper in the long run to go FI, but I'd like to see how much weight I can shed while retaining daily drivability and take it from there.
You'd probably end up saving a lot more weight just buying a base GT.

I'd love to see some numbers comparing cars with lighter weight DT components vs a base car to see what we're really talking. It's probably embarrassingly negligible.

I'd only consider an upgrade if I was going FI or if a one piece would eliminate the PP 'thud', otherwise just cash on the fire.
Sponsored