Sponsored

Leaked: 2019 GT500 5.2L Supercharged Engine Wiring CAD Diagram from Ford!

Spitfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT
It's much more usable with curve of that sort. I'm certain there will be significant torque limiting in first gear, maybe 2nd when launch control is used. You just can't put down everything a PD blower has in low gears without DRs/slicks.
So... does that mean that the engine will have that type of curve or you’re only saying that it will likely be torque limited during the first 2 gears?

Come on Bmac, throw us a bone.... you already gave us a hint with the Horsepower..... now, what about the Torque? In order to achieve that big HP Numbers is likely to be a High reving “not that torque monster”, right?
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This thing will take much more PSI to get 800 HP than you think. All force inducted engines get lowered compression for boost so you cannot compare a stock GT 5.L or especially a 5.2 GT350 because the compression is so high for NA operation. With 6 psi on a stock 5.2 your gonna make a lot more power than a 6 psi 5.2 that has lowered compression for boost. I'm guessing the 5.2 WILL be in the 18psi range stock to make 800HP. 16psi for around 750hp
Since this motor isn't that large or a displacement, however, intake is going to be superb. I'm guessing 800HP and 700 Torque or 660 Torque and 760hp. It,ll be about 100 difference in torque to HP. Maybe 110 difference 800 HP 690 Torque.
I'm really looking forward to the DCT testimonials.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
So... does that mean that the engine will have that type of curve or you’re only saying that it will likely be torque limited during the first 2 gears?

Come on Bmac, throw us a bone.... you already gave us a hint with the Horsepower..... now, what about the Torque? In order to achieve that big HP Numbers is likely to be a High reving “not that torque monster”, right?
I think it’ll be a little of both, I’m feeling about 150 difference between hp and torque, but I’m sure 1st and maybe 2nd gear will have a torque limiter, specifically in launch control.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Keep in mind they can accomplish alot with cams.
Late close to effectively lower compression.
Increased overlap for blow thru cooling, could be dynamic with egt sensors.
Raise compression after peak torque and manage temps w overlap.

Lol, maybe 1800 hp two stroke FI on alcohol...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think it’ll be a little of both, I’m feeling about 150 difference between hp and torque, but I’m sure 1st and maybe 2nd gear will have a torque limiter, specifically in launch control.
The roush 729 in a 5.L makes around 730 and 610T with the Eaton 2650. With the added displacement I think it does no worse than 110 FPT less than the overall HP# but that’s just a guess.

Last edited:

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It's much more usable with curve of that sort. I'm certain there will be significant torque limiting in first gear, maybe 2nd when launch control is used. You just can't put down everything a PD blower has in low gears without DRs/slicks.
Can they limit torque that much with a PD roots/screw type blower? Easy to do with turbos but would they just cut timing and fuel?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can they limit torque that much with a PD roots/screw type blower? Easy to do with turbos but would they just cut timing and fuel?
Yes.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I hope so!

Hell, keep the torque even lower and let it sing on the top. That was traction can be managed somewhat.
That is what heel-toeing is for... :eek:

I think Ford Performance Racing (FPR) re-worked the 5.2 CPC they using in their own racing cars, into a more streetable version based on big breathing & volumetric efficiency. And perhaps they re-work the 5.2's stroke ratio to more oversquare design, so that revs and sings like the dickens.

I can see a 5.2 NA GT500 revving to 8,300rpms...!

Additionally, I also see Ford marketing several tiers of GT500, like they did with the GT350. And a GT500 KR with an engine w/special racing blower, (designed in house with Ford Performance Racing), and that has some serious sick carbon fiber options, for wheels and driveshafts, etc. Making the GT500 a light car, if option for it.

To be honest, I don't know the entire history of the GT500, but I don't think there needs to be a ADM premium on the GT500, that is why they will make a halo version of it for the uber-racing crowd.

It would also stand as a backbone and showpiece for Ford Performance catalog and fuel the idea of sell what you race, race what you sell mentality and support.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
100% agreed. On a slight note, a lot of people on social media put down GT350's that are FI'ed because they're only putting 575 - 625 RWTQ and yet 800+ RWHP. They're bitching and screaming about WHERE'S THE TORQUE? They have no clue how power and torque work and even so, 600 RWTQ at 4500 - 5000 RPM? Please, out of all your extensive experience, tell me how usable that even is in 1 - 3rd gear. Oh that's right, you drive a V6 F-Body Camaro...

Reactions: _M_

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
100% agreed. On a slight note, a lot of people on social media put down GT350's that are FI'ed because they're only putting 575 - 625 RWTQ and yet 800+ RWHP. They're bitching and screaming about WHERE'S THE TORQUE? They have no clue how power and torque work and even so, 600 RWTQ at 4500 - 5000 RPM? Please, out of all your extensive experience, tell me how usable that even is in 1 - 3rd gear. Oh that's right, you drive a V6 F-Body Camaro...
A lot of people are bitching and screaming about a FI’ed GT350 period. Sacrilege. :lol:

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
That is what heel-toeing is for... :eek:

I think Ford Performance Racing (FPR) re-worked the 5.2 CPC they using in their own racing cars, into a more streetable version based on big breathing & volumetric efficiency. And perhaps they re-work the 5.2's stroke ratio to more oversquare design, so that revs and sings like the dickens.

I can see a 5.2 NA GT500 revving to 8,300rpms...!

Additionally, I also see Ford marketing several tiers of GT500, like they did with the GT350. And a GT500 KR with an engine w/special racing blower, (designed in house with Ford Performance Racing), and that has some serious sick carbon fiber options, for wheels and driveshafts, etc. Making the GT500 a light car, if option for it.

To be honest, I don't know the entire history of the GT500, but I don't think there needs to be a ADM premium on the GT500, that is why they will make a halo version of it for the uber-racing crowd.

It would also stand as a backbone and showpiece for Ford Performance catalog and fuel the idea of sell what you race, race what you sell mentality and support.
Heel-toe for torque management? Not sure about that one. Sounds like a good way to go off course.

No way the 5.2 can make it to 8300 with a blower and be streetable.

Compression, cam lobe duration, lift, variable timing and boost all contribute to rpm powerband. With a compressor in the valley of a block, it’s true more boost is made the more rpms are spun, but in a street engine lower compression, with smaller duration cams for drivability and emissions will trump true high rpm power.

Long/short: Can’t really happen in a street car with low static CR.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
A lot of people are bitching and screaming about a FI’ed GT350 period. Sacrilege. :lol:
I can understand why someone would want to do it but not for me either. I'm super interested to see what Frankenstein Engines can squeeze out with those heads and cams.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Id much rather see a set of ITBs on a GT350 and let that engine rev to the moon even faster before it ever got a blower kit!!

Im kind of surprised no one has put a ITB kit on one yet that I know of anyways.

Yes they are expensive but people spend 5 figures on turbo kits so I dont get it ITBs on a GT350 would be insane on that engine.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Heel-toe for torque management? Not sure about that one. Sounds like a good way to go off course.

No way the 5.2 can make it to 8300 with a blower and be streetable.

Compression, cam lobe duration, lift, variable timing and boost all contribute to rpm powerband. With a compressor in the valley of a block, it’s true more boost is made the more rpms are spun, but in a street engine lower compression, with smaller duration cams for drivability and emissions will trump true high rpm power.

Long/short: Can’t really happen in a street car with low static CR.

Agree!! What does he think heel-toe is for? You don’t use that for launch or in first gear.
Sponsored