Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The performance division of Mercedes Benz has been AMG for decades, arguably longer than any of the other brands you mentioned.
Yes, but I was trying to think of specific models.
Sponsored

div2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i
I think Lincoln would do well with a Mustang based vehicle. My dad recently purchased a Lexus RC350 to replace his G37. He bought the G37 partially because it was a slightly more mature version of my 350z. I tried to recommend a Mustang as a replacement, but he wasn’t even interested. He felt that he was too old for a Mustang.

I think a Lincoln option with the 2.7 turbo 6 or similar would be a great option. Use Magneride with softer springs and damper settings, a nicer interior setup, and it might do great things to the Lincoln brand. Probably wouldn’t sell much, but I think the branding would be very valuable long term. And show that Ford is serious about keeping Lincoln around. A new MarkX.

-T
Nothing Lincoln has built since the early '90s interests me in the slightest. In contrast, my dad had a 1986 Mark VII LSC in the late '80s and I loved that car; stylish V8 power with engaging RWD handling(I also liked my three pedal 1984 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe work beater, but I digress).

It's been discussed before, but I think a Mustang-based Lincoln "Personal Luxury Coupe" could be a success- but it would be an uphill struggle. It's too bad the American public is moving in lockstep to mind-numbing crossovers.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Knowing ford, they would price the base at $65K and not offer any better performance than an Ecoboost, not sell any, and blame the poor sales on lack of interest for that type of vehicle.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Nothing Lincoln has built since the early '90s interests me in the slightest. In contrast, my dad had a 1986 Mark VII LSC in the late '80s and I loved that car; stylish V8 power with engaging RWD handling(I also liked my three pedal 1984 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe work beater, but I digress).

It's been discussed before, but I think a Mustang-based Lincoln "Personal Luxury Coupe" could be a success- but it would be an uphill struggle. It's too bad the American public is moving in lockstep to mind-numbing crossovers.
Although there still seems be a market for “Grand Touring” type coupes...Mercedes, BMW and Audi, Lincoln has not offered a two door vehicle since the 1998 Mark VIII...20 model years ago.

As much a I would love to see an S650-based Lincoln coupe, I don’t think the brand has enough recognition anymore in this small, fickle and status-oriented market segment.

However, if something like an S650 derived Mark IX LSC was released with say a Lincoln-specific 3.7L EB V6 or EB 4.0L V8, a Lincoln-tuned MagneRide suspension plus all the expected luxury/safety and hi-tech/convenience accoutrements with a price of around 60-62K, it could be strong player in the segment.

Almost bought a 2 year old Mark VII LSC in ‘93, but bought an new LX 5.0 instead.

The Lincoln Aviator is supposedly returning...I wonder if it will based on the next generation Explorer or perhaps the new Bronco.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I sold my 2013 PP Taurus SHO to my son recently. I put a LMS tune on it and it ran a 12.99 at 105 MPH. 4500 pounds with me in it and no other mods. Lincoln made a similar version with the 3.5 twin turbo so I imagine it ran similar times. The truth is that the performance pack SHO was more enjoyable to drive than the Mustang GT in most every way. Ride quality was absolutely amazing better than any Mustang I have owned (I've owned 6). I cannot understand why Lincoln doesn't use this incredible engine in a smaller car with AWD like the SHO. That TT has TORQUE.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
We want pics and a full report no later than 4:35...hahaha

HAVE a GREAT TIME!!! HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL BE GREEN WITH ENVY:D
I'll be sharing iPhone pics live as it happens with DSLR pictures and a walk around video following about 1-2 hours after the event is over. Maybe if I get lucky I'll get some exhaust clips too :love:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I'll be sharing iPhone pics live as it happens with DSLR pictures and a walk around video following about 1-2 hours after the event is over. Maybe if I get lucky I'll get some exhaust clips too :love:
Quick! Get a Pixel 2! Better camera!

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Cougar developed into a larger Luxury Vehicle. It’s a recognized name and with with all the Modern Advances from Mustang and Lincoln, would make a Great Comeback Car. Luxurious Ride and better Handling wouldn’t require 350 Power to satisfy the Target Audience.

However, for Bullitt, looks like they could Shoehorn Power Pack 3 under the Hood.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2099529&postcount=49