2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I feel like this is a "that's what she said" kind of situation.
Eh, yeah I can see the splined front hubs that show there is no AWD like some were dreaming of but the regular GT350 wheels to me shows they just threw on some wheels that fit so they could get it out on the road.
The AWD myth was debunked a while back, I'm just throwing crap into the wind. It's anyone's guess as to what's going on, even in this article. Sure there may be a 5.2 SC car out there testing but it also looks to be other prototypes running around.
Maybe this is a NA 5.8 ;)
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
85 K would be more than fine with me if it tops the competition. Heck my demon was 91k when I ordered it.

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Those look like the 15-17 headlights. Would this mean the new Shelby is not getting the refreshed (model year 18+) front end?

This would be great, because I dislike the refreshed headlights hehe

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Those look like the 15-17 headlights. Would this mean the new Shelby is not getting the refreshed (model year 18+) front end?

I wouldn't take too much of the exterior components as any indication just yet. I bet the camo is just to hide details about the cooling systems that would otherwise be visible through the grille.

Helicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' gt350

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say that Ford wouldn't put out a new tier topping SE Mustang and not utilize the freshest look. Plus once they redesign the front fascia to match the rest of the beast ... you might actually like it.

Also, at this point, I don't think this video shows us anything new. More hurry up and wait ...:frusty:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If I were to take a wild guess, I would say that Ford wouldn't put out a new tier topping SE Mustang and not utilize the freshest look. Plus once they redesign the front fascia to match the rest of the beast ... you might actually like it.

Also, at this point, I don't think this video shows us anything new. More hurry up and wait ...:frusty:
I think it will look much nicer ( in a wild sort of way) than the 2018 mustang look.
Don't know if I'll like it more than the look of the 350? That's a wait and see.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This car has no additional cooling or air exit passages (fender gills). It's NA, and it appears to be a true stick. There's regular GT350 wheels and no caps. There's no additional aero, suggesting need for enhanced downforce. There is a rollbar... whoop-tee-do.

My guess: nothing GT500-esque. Labeling anything with "GT500" will generate more clicks that than nude Jessica Biel photos. It's not a 500 replacement.

Now, for the suspicious side of me (and specifically for the naysayers that say Ford would never AWD a current Mustang powertrain, when the same naysayers said Ford would never build the Probe or build a FPC), AWD with a NA 650-700hp 5.2L CPC Voodoo block and a 6-speed manual would be as badass as it comes and would be a force to reckon with.

But, I digress...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This car has no additional cooling or air exit passages (fender gills). It's NA, and it appears to be a true stick. There's regular GT350 wheels and no caps. There's no additional aero, suggesting need for enhanced downforce. There is a rollbar... whoop-tee-do.

My guess: nothing GT500-esque. Labeling anything with "GT500" will generate more clicks that than nude Jessica Biel photos. It's not a 500 replacement.

Now, for the suspicious side of me (and specifically for the naysayers that say Ford would never AWD a current Mustang powertrain, when the same naysayers said Ford would never build the Probe or build a FPC), AWD with a NA 650-700hp 5.2L CPC Voodoo block and a 6-speed manual would be as badass as it comes and would be a force to reckon with.

But, I digress...
"This is an early (M1-build) prototype with underbody and powertrain changes only. With the exception of the front end (which affects cooling), the M-1 builds do not wear representative bodies that would incorporate some of the exterior changes of the 2018+ Mustang mid-cycle refresh."

and

You can clearly see the fender vents:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131271&d=1498510351

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Sounded N/A to me.
No Turbo or Supercharger whine......
Shifted like a manual too.
Wonder if Ford and Shelby will use the GT500 name at the same time?
You mean Shelby North American?

No...

Ford purchased the rights to the GT350 and GT500 name from Shelby outright..it's theirs now.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Those fender vents are all clogged up, no way any additional cooling can be tested if the bra is over the top. Hope it goes thru if only for esthetic purposes.

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
How would a CPC 5.2 make 650-700 hp in stock trim, when the FPC version makes only 525 hp?

7L....pleeeeeeease.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
How would a CPC 5.2 make 650-700 hp in stock trim, when the FPC version makes only 525 hp?

7L....pleeeeeeease.
NA = no way!
High boost! I'll guess 18 psi... but we're also talking the potential of 808.
This 5.2 breaths great!
7l would be my choice even if it makes 650. I'll take it. I'll also take a 800 HP beast...depending

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Those fender vents are all clogged up, no way any additional cooling can be tested if the bra is over the top. Hope it goes thru if only for esthetic purposes.
True heat rejection and aerodynamic testing without camouflage is typically done in the wind tunnels, or in the dead of night when no one can see.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
So, we still know nothing about the new GT500.

Wake me up when the real news comes out.
Sponsored