2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So, a Mach 1 and a GT500 coming at the same time? That would confuse things!
How would that stack up M1 then GT500?
Mach 1 could be released late 2018 MY, been a lot of talk. See mach 1 forum.
The car sounds NA CPC, and didnt appear mega HP was in that car. Im thinking mach 1 will sport less than 500 hp Who knows, but was fun to hear/see something new.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That is not the exhaust note of a car with nothing other than resonators, cats, and mufflers between the heads and the free world.

Whoever was driving that day was having too much fun. They knew they were being recorded and gunned it purposely to show off. Lol

Too good to be true for the cameraman. Wondering if it's a purposed leak.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Clip sounded like a car with long tubes. Mean AF!

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
Mach 1 could be released late 2018 MY, been a lot of talk. See mach 1 forum.
The car sounds NA CPC, and didnt appear mega HP was in that car. Im thinking mach 1 will sport less than 500 hp Who knows, but was fun to hear/see something new.
The mach one theories don't shake out to me, as the new GT makes good power. I can see if it was a solid axle car, but they does not jive with the times if it was not a good deal more powerful than the regular mustang GT.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think the 2004 mach 1 was just some asthetics and maybe 40 HP added. It could break the 500HP barrier. Maybe it has the 5.2 CPC in it and runs 530 HP range. Whatever the car is, it sounded CPC, non FI. Could maybe be a little more powerful than it appeared (foot probably wasnt all the way down)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Or did it sounds slightly "hiss-y" like perhaps .... a centrifugal supercharged.

;)

Helicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' gt350
I still don't see/hear any evidence that the mule is FI. It sounds pissed off as hell, but no concrete evidence of supercharger or a couple snails under the hood. It sure looks to me that we are hearing the video taker's blow off valve. I don't know what their driving but they have a cobb tuner right on the dash which is usually indicative that they have a turbo and have done a little work to it, even if just a flash. We need more.....

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Couldnt tell for sure if auto or manual, but it sounds like he just gunned it and it wasn't running a higher RPM initially and it dropped a gear. I'm gonna say auto in this one.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that's larger displacement than the current 5.0-5.2L powerplants... definitely CPC...

The sound is brash (likely cell phone related), but the harmonics sound deeper, especially for a mustang, than the current powerplants.

ISHLISS

Chevy & Ford Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro LT1
I've been blasting that clip on my stereo and I swear I am hearing a very faint whine for a split second. Anyone else hear it?
Sponsored