BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
The DCT would really set it apart from the crowd! Add that with some Twin turbo action, then you got something special! Pull some interior styling from the GT hopefully! Carbon fiber wheels why we are at it as well!! So much potential hope we are not disappointed!!
Hopefully Ford will offer all the bells & whistles, but I'm afraid consumers will be looking at a 90-100k MRSP - before ADM.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They say the DCT is really smooth when shifting, not jolty. I think it's going to be a beefed up 7DCL750 that is used in the GT. It has a 550 lb feet of torque rating but what I've googled a lot of guys run 1000 NM which is around 750 Lb T. I'll guess that the new SE will be in the 700lb feet area. That's one large jump from the one that's in the GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
One would have to think that this is going to be on ground breaking beast with all this build up!!!!! Otherwise why would it take so long?
Possibly just because the GT350 is doing so well and Mustang sales in general are good enough that Ford hasn't felt the need to spend the money to release another special edition Mustang.

I'm wondering if the DCT will make it to the car. Post #1 in this thread states DCT and possibly the manual option . I'll probably take the DCT but hey, i may have to haha. Will be doing some investigating on the DCT to find out what might be the max torque and HP.
I frankly really hope Ford doesn't start putting DCTs in cars. I guess it's ok as long as the manual is still available, but I'd prefer if the manual is the only option.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Hopefully Ford will offer all the bells & whistles, but I'm afraid consumers will be looking at a 90-100k MRSP - before ADM.
I have already been bracing for that price range! If we are indeed looking at carbon fiber wheels, DCT, and twins, 90-100k is very very possible! I'm ok with that if those items are in play.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I have already been bracing for that price range! If we are indeed looking at carbon fiber wheels, DCT, and twins, 90-100k is very very possible! I'm ok with that if those items are in play.
I agree, I can accept it as well if those item are part of that. I think it'd be more likely the car starts around 75ish and after options such as those comes in around 90k. July 4th seems as American of a day as any to shed to light on this bad boy!!

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I agree, I can accept it as well if those item are part of that. I think it'd be more likely the car starts around 75ish and after options such as those comes in around 90k. July 4th seems as American of a day as any to she'd to light on this bad boy!!
Amen!! Mercia!!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I no longer see the utility of CF wheels when forged aluminum wheels are now getting down to those weights at a fourth of the cost.
I agree and it's probably even cheaper then a forth!! They'd be better off replacing subframe and other heavy framing with CF, it'd save a lot more weight.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1/4 the cost? If you're talking about a flow formed wheel, I'd pass vs the CF or a quality forged wheel.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Also remember an aluminum wheel has more of its weight towards the barrel while the cf has more in the center and a smaller percentage towards the outer circumference.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If they offer DCT, I doubt they would make the GT3RS.1 mistake of not offering a manual.....but I hope they don't = GT350 retains higher value :)

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
Again. the next halo mustang will compete with the Zl1. Pricing is not going to start at 150% of the MSRP of its competition. Even the raciest ZL1 only starts at 70k, and I don't think you can option up much from there.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Again. the next halo mustang will compete with the Zl1. Pricing is not going to start at 150% of the MSRP of its competition. Even the raciest ZL1 only starts at 70k, and I don't think you can option up much from there.
I agree. I think it will be closely priced to the zl1.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I agree, i don't think it will be much more than the zl1. Only way I see it being much more, if it has twins, more carbon fiber where it benefits, like drive shaft etc.
I'll guess with a 5.2 SC and DCT somewhere around 70k to start, to around 78k.
If ford goes all out on it with TT then 85k area.
If this thing turns out to be epic, I could see ford charging quite a bit more than the zl1. It's gotta blow it away tho to be able to get away with charging much more.
Still gonna say a track pack and a drag pack will be offered.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Been waiting for this darn thing for a few years now.

Last edited:

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I agree, i don't think it will be much more than the zl1. Only way I see it being much more, if it has twins, more carbon fiber where it benefits, like drive shaft etc.
I'll guess with a 5.2 SC and DCT somewhere around 70k to start, to around 78k.
If ford goes all out on it with TT then 85k area.
Still gonna say a track pack and a drag pack pack will be offered.
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Been waiting for this darn thing for a few years now.
I am tired of waiting as well! I have come close to putting twins on my mustang. I prefer a car from the factory with a warranty. I am hoping for twin turbo and a automatic transmission. I think the gt500 will probably just be a 350 with a auto transmission and a tvs. That will keep the msrp in the sixties.
Sponsored