OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Ford had car all day last Friday. New steering rack/pinion is great, but exhaust still doing its thing. Said they cleared and recalibrated and that lasted about 10 minutes. Wanted me to leave it until "sometime next week". Nope, cold not drive that hybrid fusion that long. going back this Friday and we'll see what they come up with this time.
Lol, yeah i understand that. I had that as a loaner as well before when my flywheel shatter on my last mustang.

It is unfortunate they could not fix the active exhaust. I found out how mine stops working. If i drive fairly normal it does not fail. The moment i drive the car at 6k + rpm and stay doing that, meaning downshifting and flooring it, the active exhaust fails. Otherwise it works fine. Almost like it has something to do with exhaust flow due to my headers as this started happening right after i put them in. Its odd.
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Maybe they installed the wrong amp fuse. Are you replacing it with the type you pulled out or what the manual says?

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Weird. Mine's kind of the opposite of all yours. It acts up if I try to do the whole "good neighbor" thing & change it to quiet before starting it. Work fine once it's running. I've not worried about it enough to take it to the dealer, but might play with it to get the conditions under which it's reproducible for my first (well, really second) oil change.

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 SPD PREM MAGNETIC METALLIC
Weird. Mine's kind of the opposite of all yours. It acts up if I try to do the whole "good neighbor" thing & change it to quiet before starting it. Work fine once it's running. I've not worried about it enough to take it to the dealer, but might play with it to get the conditions under which it's reproducible for my first (well, really second) oil change.
Well, took it on Friday (3rd time), got it back on Saturday morning and working fine for about 10 miles. then the dash "unavailable" nonsense started again and this time constant every 10-15 seconds. called dealer a little annoyed...Quick jump to sunday and started working again. all sunday and so far today fine. maybe had to relearn all the crap they "recalibrated". I really think the mechanics don't have a clue about this or most of the other 2018 issues.

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been running it all week and here it is Thursday and exhaust still working as it supposed to. I guess I got kinda lucky. (Watch it quit on the way home) LOL. Even my service writer was lost for words.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
I have been running it all week and here it is Thursday and exhaust still working as it supposed to. I guess I got kinda lucky. (Watch it quit on the way home) LOL. Even my service writer was lost for words.....
That is interesting. The only thing the dealer did was reset the active exhaust system?

Mine seems to be related to my headers. It works perfectly fine unless i almost red line and then it immediately breaks again.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Maybe they installed the wrong amp fuse. Are you replacing it with the type you pulled out or what the manual says?
The fuse is the correct amperage and yes i am replacing it with the correct one.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Mine has also been doing the same for almost a whole month... Ford has been completely useless saying they need the “engineer” to come in because they don’t know what to do. Mine acts up all the time and constantly spams the “unavailable” message.

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has also been doing the same for almost a whole month... Ford has been completely useless saying they need the “engineer” to come in because they don’t know what to do. Mine acts up all the time and constantly spams the “unavailable” message.
Ford finally after 3rd time "recalibrated" and that day dash message went nuts and then perfect. I took a trip this week and fine until today coming home and went crazy again for no apparent reason. going to take it again next week for 4th time. they have no clue.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Ford finally after 3rd time "recalibrated" and that day dash message went nuts and then perfect. I took a trip this week and fine until today coming home and went crazy again for no apparent reason. going to take it again next week for 4th time. they have no clue.
Very annoying... I wonder if this has anything to do with my long tubes because this problem had never happened until they were installed.

Sponsored

LGNDLVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very annoying... I wonder if this has anything to do with my long tubes because this problem had never happened until they were installed.
I don't have headers. matter of fact, i have done nothing to this one yet, and with the rack and pinion supposedly bad and replaced which did not cure the noise, and the exhaust issues, i might not.

MustangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Just checked under the car today. The wire for the exhaust flap on the right muffler was cut. The valves on the left work perfectly fine, but the right valves do not move and are stuck in the "normal" mode.

OP
OP
HunterStang

HunterStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
Just checked under the car today. The wire for the exhaust flap on the right muffler was cut. The valves on the left work perfectly fine, but the right valves do not move and are stuck in the "normal" mode.
Glad to hear you actually found a reason. My active exhaust decided to just work fine now. I have some exhaust leaks and have not had the chance to fix them, this keeps causing a CEL for the 02 sensor. I kept resetting it before and the active exhaust would fail at high RPM. After driving with that CEL for 100's of miles without getting too high in the RPM's it is now working no matter what i do. Almost as if it adjusted. No clue. I will be fixing the exhaust leak this weekend, and see if the active exhaust fails again after i reset the CEL. I will post when i do this.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Ive had this error message and problem twice now, today being the second time. Goes away after a restart. My car is stock. If it keeps up I’ll take it in.

ETA: Make that 3 times. Happened again tonight. This time no error message, just couldn't change it out of Normal mode.

Last edited:

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
... And again this morning, this time with the message, which I managed to snap a pic of (it only lasts about 10 sec). Guess it's time for a trip to the dealer - yay.
Sponsored