Sponsored

Who is getting the new ZR1?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Been waiting for a while for someone to create this thread, tired of waiting.

I have a deposit down on a MSRP deal, expect my turn to come around fall. Shelby is my daily and this would be the weekend toy car. I gave up on the GT3. All for unique driving experience and NA motor but you pay so much for so little. Plus I have 1 N/A high revving car, I want a beast with ton of torque down low.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I have it on my radar but not committed yet.... having owned a C7 Z06 for 18mos, I agree the monster torque is awesome but I'm not willing to immediately jump ahead for the ZR1. We know this is going to be a beast so congrats to those who's diving in early.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
should wait to see if overheating issues were fixed before considering. Only thing worse than paying 80-90k for a vette that overheats is paying 120k+ for one.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Been waiting for a while for someone to create this thread, tired of waiting.
I have a deposit down on a MSRP deal, expect my turn to come around fall. Shelby is my daily and this would be the weekend toy car. I gave up on the GT3. All for unique driving experience and NA motor but you pay so much for so little. Plus I have 1 N/A high revving car, I want a beast with ton of torque down low.
Nice man.
Car should be a beast! Good luck.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats at taking a stab at one. Promise us a review?
Would be great to have with your perspective and context of driving an 6G stang.
True, but the ZR1 is already on another level than the 6g Mustang. Much better car to start with.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
True, but the ZR1 is already on another level than the 6g Mustang. Much better car to start with.
Unless you are looking for over built drivetrain capable of 700RWHP for $40k thats fun as hell to hoon and cheap enough to wreck at the track.
And you can daily it.
And see out if it.
And put 4 people in it.
And golf bags.
Or a keg, or two..
Or track tire set.
And the styling is excellent (vette/ZR1 aint bad, camaro ehhhhh..).
ZR1 is another level,
But Mustang is the everyman’s (everywoman’s) supercar.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I think I'm going to just roll with my c6

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Congrats on the ZR1 order! Should be a fun car, that much is certain.
I'm going to wait on the ME reveal and eventually the Z06/ZR1 version of it. If the ME vette doesn't do it for me I'm going to just get a older 2005/2006 GT and call it good for a while. This next car, I'm looking for styling first and foremost. If it don't look good going down the road, may as well not be driving it. Yep, I'm at that age ;)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats on the ZR1 order! Should be a fun car, that much is certain.
I'm going to wait on the ME reveal and eventually the Z06/ZR1 version of it. If the ME vette doesn't do it for me I'm going to just get a older 2005/2006 GT and call it good for a while. This next car, I'm looking for styling first and foremost. If it don't look good going down the road, may as well not be driving it. Yep, I'm at that age ;)
HA HAAAAAAAA
Too funny Jim. I built a 2018 Z06/Z07 at Chevrolet.com today the way I wanted,.......AGAIN! lol :headbonk:
Loaded up pretty good. 3LZ, competition seats, microfiber steering wheel/actual carbon fiber pieces on the inside and out, colored stitching, and such. Big price tag, but those top 3 dealerships are selling Corvettes at less than MSRP. (If I'm going Z06, I'm going big.)
I "almost" wrote an email to MacMulkin Chevrolet today asking questions. I had the page opened, but held out. lol (Next state over from me, about 1 hour and 30 minutes away or less.)

I would love a ZR1, but that is waaaayyyy out of my price tag. :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
HA HAAAAAAAA
Too funny Jim. I built a 2018 Z06/Z07 at Chevrolet.com today the way I wanted,.......AGAIN! lol :headbonk:
Loaded up pretty good. 3LZ, competition seats, microfiber steering wheel/actual carbon fiber pieces on the inside and out, colored stitching, and such. Big price tag, but those top 3 dealerships are selling Corvettes at less than MSRP. (If I'm going Z06, I'm going big.)
I "almost" wrote an email to MacMulkin Chevrolet today asking questions. I had the page opened, but held out. lol (Next state over from me, about 1 hour and 30 minutes away or less.)

I would love a ZR1, but that is waaaayyyy out of my price tag. :D
You keep right on doing that Tony, its what gets us thru these damn winters. ;)
Won't hurt anything haggling them a little, ask questions and get you on their radar. You never know until you try, BUT if you can find used with some easy miles on them, you're always way ahead.
Its always good to put it out there, exactly what your looking for, and just let it come to you, and when your ready and able... pounce on it.
It'll happen someday, and same goes here.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You keep right on doing that Tony, its what gets us thru these damn winters. ;)
Won't hurt anything haggling them a little, ask questions and get you on their radar. You never know until you try, BUT if you can find used with some easy miles on them, you're always way ahead.
Its always good to put it out there, exactly what your looking for, and just let it come to you, and when your ready and able... pounce on it.
It'll happen someday, and same goes here.
Yeah, you're right Jim. I probably will, closer towards the end of the month.
Email them and the other 2 top Corvette dealerships. Let them compete for my business. You don't ask, you don't get. :D
I'll do everything via email so I have it in writing like I did with my last car.
Sponsored