Sponsored

Steeda S550 Mustang Dual Rate HPDE Suspension Pack (15-18 All)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Product description:
If your S550 Mustang spends more time turning laps than grabbing groceries, Steeda's S550 Mustang Dual Rate HPDE Suspension Package is your ticket to victory lane! A race proven kit which has laid down impressive times with Steeda's own 2016 and 2017 Mustangs, the HPDE Package comes with Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars, Adjustable Pro-Action Shocks and Struts, and Competition Dual Rate Springs.

Our Steeda Mustang Front and Rear Sway Bars for your 2015-2018 Mustang GT, EcoBoost, or V6 provide an increase in front and rear roll stiffness for a balanced handling package. The press-fit welded billet ends are far stronger than stamping the end of the bar. Billet machining construction of the Steeda Mustang Front and Rear Sway Bar ends makes for far greater strength for a bulletproof sway bar. We engineered these bars to control the vehicles' roll stiffness properly while still allowing you to run softer springs. This optimizes your overall grip and balance of the vehicle while still allowing you to maintain exceptional ride quality.

Our Pro-Action Adjustable dampers feature street and track-proven technology which have been methodically tested and tuned to achieve optimum compression valving, giving you that quick sports car reaction on the road with easily adjustable rebound damping at the twist of a knob. From soft and comfortable to stiff and aggressive, these Pro-Action shocks have more adjustability than you will ever need!

The Dual Rate Competition Springs, which have the highest rates on the market, greatly reduce nosedive and keep body roll to a minimum for the ultimate in performance handling. By lowering your S550 Mustang .750" all around, these springs provide an optimized center of gravity and an aggressive stance.

Competition proven in both NASA and SCCA events, this suspension package is going to make your 2015-2018 S550 Mustang an absolute winner on the track!
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-HPDE-Suspension-Package-15-18-555-2357
dual rate packaage.jpg
billyjohnson_PBIR_Forums (002).png
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Although I haven't been able to take mine out to anything just yet, I can confirm that the sway bars in this setup are great! I've loved the improvements each of the Steeda parts has made to my car and look forward to more in the future.

Only suggestion I might have for this set to help it fly off the shelf even faster is maybe something pre-assembled like other kits.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Although I haven't been able to take mine out to anything just yet, I can confirm that the sway bars in this setup are great! I've loved the improvements each of the Steeda parts has made to my car and look forward to more in the future.

Only suggestion I might have for this set to help it fly off the shelf even faster is maybe something pre-assembled like other kits.
Thank you for your feedback !

I agree, I will let Steeda manufacturing know that we should have a pre-assembled kit as well.

The Best,

Steeda Tech

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have all this except the sway bars as well as Stop the Hop kit. I went with GT350R sway bars instead. I have to say the car is a completely different machine. Corners better than those AWD go karts and absolutely flat when doing so. Performance wise these springs and shocks are awesome.

I daily drive my GT so it isn't so firm that you lose teeth but it is more harsh even on soft settings. You learn to avoid certain things like large bumps that most other cars can handle fairly well. Anything more than a mild speed bump or shallow pothole and you are going to feel it unless you drive slow (less than 25-30mph is about as fast as I can tolerate). We have one road that is absolutely dreadful as it has moderately high mounds and a few potholes. Speed limit is 35mph which everyone else can do except me. Anything more than 25mph and my head is bouncing off my roof. Base GT suspension I was able to drive 35mph without issue.

All that said, I wouldn't trade this for any other combo. Its a sports car, not a Cadillac. This suspension makes the car a corner carver with some serious cahones. Love it.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a nice video showing the Steeda components in action!

TJ

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Gotta hand it to you folks at Steeda. I installed the comp springs, adjustable struts/shocks, camber plates, rear shock mounts, IRS bushing supports as well as every chassis brace you guys offer for the S550.
I can't forget the technical support from the engineering team too! :thumbsup::headbang: The result made my car a monster at Thunderhill last night as well as the fastest car in my group. :D

Thank you very much for doing what you guys do and supporting the small guys:hail:

I'll be back soon for those sway bars (currently running my PP ones) as well as an overhaul on the tranny (shifter, trans bushing probably clutch spring assembly too) and eventually the 2 piece rotors.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, 2morrow - it is truly appreciated when a customer can see that noticeable of a difference & kick butt on the street/track!

Look forward to continuing your build with us :)

TJ

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
This thread needs an update.

So you bought a base model and want to mod it? You came to the right place because if you bought a PP1 or PP2, you are going to be pulling most of your gear off anyway.

I am living with mine for a while before writing a full review but i can verify now that the car can go to mild to wild with a jack and ahand full of tools in about 10 to 15 minutes...less if you just set your sway bars and forget em and or arent changing the wheels.

Doing a full wheel/tire swap and adjusting both the sway bars and dampeners, you can move the same car from track ready to ready for a night out on the town in probably 30 minutes....AND YOU COULD find an in between setup for your tires/wheels and sway bars where a simple 5 minutes of adjusting the dampening does it all for you. I didn't stop there, I read over what was on the Steeda's #20 car and their Steve Mcqueen and Q packages and added the ultimate stop the hop, tension and lateral arms and bumpsteer kit along with the willwood 15 aero 6 fronts, steeda 2 piece rear rotors and some EC7 wheels. (Shout out to Apex racing and LMR for the deals on the wheels and brakes and American muscle and CJ pony parts for the cosmetic stuff).

Combined with the limitations one can impose with the ford "my key"....this car is just about as close to perfect in both flexibility and value for dollar as you can get.

I even managed to set it up where my son had a good time taking it to the prom (and i was comfortable letting him).

Full review.....eventually.

prom night.jpg

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Another update!

I just did back to back track days at Sonoma and worked about 95% of the field in my groups on both days. I know that sounds a little cocky but its the truth.
I'm going up to Thunderhill on Saturday (My control track) to see if I can dial in the parts even more. I have really started to understand the adjustable
dampeners and my personal "sweet spot" with them.

Here's a quick little run down of the first day:

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Another update!

I just did back to back track days at Sonoma and worked about 95% of the field in my groups on both days. I know that sounds a little cocky but its the truth.
I'm going up to Thunderhill on Saturday (My control track) to see if I can dial in the parts even more. I have really started to understand the adjustable

Awesome brother!!! Nice save at the 2:05 mark. Must be a great feeling to have a Porsche and McLaren flash for a pass...McQueen would be proud :muscle:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Awesome brother!!! Nice save at the 2:05 mark. Must be a great feeling to have a Porsche and McLaren flash for a pass...McQueen would be proud :muscle:
Thanks Mike! That day was definitely a good day at the track :like: . Also, you been killing it lately on IG. Keep it up!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Another update!

What camera are you using? Looks awesome! Intro video shows an outside camera as well. What mount do you use for that one?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey thanks man, I use a GoPro with their exterior mount rated to 140 MPH as well as my cel. phone with a ram mount on the interior.

I've used Harry's lap timer in the past on my phone but that has become problematic with telemetry lately so I started using TrackAddict
by HP tuners. It's super easy to use and surprisingly free. The GoPro has a native app that includes telemetry called Quik.

I have a ton of content relating to my build and track days on my youtube channel. Just click the link below that says "car vids" and let me
know what you think in the comments! Thanks!
Sponsored