Sponsored

Power Pack 2 and Forscan

smkythabear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic, PP
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I recently did the Sync 3 swap in my base PP GT and did the necessary changes in Forscan to allow the use of the drive modes and such.

I am planning on eventually purchasing the power pack 2 but am concerned with whether or not I will have any issues with the ProCal tune that comes with it. Does the ProCal tune change the different drive modes? Will it realize it is a base and alter the drive mode changes I made in any way?

Thank you
Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section. I recently did the Sync 3 swap in my base PP GT and did the necessary changes in Forscan to allow the use of the drive modes and such.

I am planning on eventually purchasing the power pack 2 but am concerned with whether or not I will have any issues with the ProCal tune that comes with it. Does the ProCal tune change the different drive modes? Will it realize it is a base and alter the drive mode changes I made in any way?

Thank you
I had sync 2 my ford touch on my 2015 GT Premium. I swapped it out to the new sync 3 system and all my drive modes worked. A few months after that I install the power pack 2 and everything is still working perfectly. You won’t be disappointed with the PP2.

OP
OP

smkythabear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic, PP
I appreciate the reply jcovaltine but sadly the difference is I have a base and you have a premium so you already had the drive modes. My concern is whether the ProCal tool is going to not install correctly because my VIN is a base GT which does not come with the drive modes. Hopefully someone has been in this boat on this forum haha

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have Power Pack 2 on my base PP GT as well as the Sync 3 swap. There are no issues, the Sync 3 swap was performed months before I installed my Power Pack. The VIN isn’t stored in the APIM or FCIM they both receive that information from the BCM.