Sponsored

Ford Performance Roush 5.0L V8 Supercharger for 2018 Mustang GT Announced at SEMA

wangfuco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP
Can us 15-17 owners also get a kit with the new 2650 blower? I'd go for it instead of whipple if I'm not looking at big power.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Very cool. I wonder if theres a retroactive tune available for Gen 2 Coyote owners.

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
cool but the new 3.0L whipple is going to crush roush

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
cool but the new 3.0L whipple is going to crush roush
The new Whipple 3.0L will be cooler, more efficient and less drain on the engine, but because of the relationship Ford has with Roush, the dealers' customer service are much more friendly to Ford Performance than Whipple when you take it in for work.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Since this supercharger is co-developed with Ford I wonder if we'll see it or a variation in the GT500 next year. If so, than we can probably expect the GT500 to produce at least 700hp.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Since this supercharger is co-developed with Ford I wonder if we'll see it or a variation in the GT500 next year. If so, than we can probably expect the GT500 to produce at least 700hp.
everything roush does is about co-developed with ford when it comes to mechanical. they sleep in the same bed together...

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
So just watched a video where a 16/17 GT Made 732hp with the old roush supercharger on 93 pump gas so this new supercharger should get the 5.0 closer to 800hp with the right tune and E85

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
So just watched a video where a 16/17 GT Made 732hp with the old roush supercharger on 93 pump gas so this new supercharger should get the 5.0 closer to 800hp with the right tune and E85
roush/ford purposely keep the numbers down so they will last past the warranty.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If the GT 500 does not come out next year, then a 2018 GT/A10/PP1/Recaro with the roush supercharger is going to be my fourth and last Mustang (I will be keeping the other 3).

Still not completely sold on the front end but after comparing the dark colors(always wanted a ruby red) to the lighter colors ,it looks best in the silver(not going to do another white like GT350 with classic blue striped).
I think the planned Steeda front fascia will make it look even better.

I am done building "race cars" as the drivability suffers especially in manual cars with all the "suspension" upgrades. I am also done buying motors like socks so looking for for something with a warranty that will run 10's with nothing more than drag radials.

Also tired of the raspy sound of headers chasing power on a supercharged car so I will leave the exhaust alone. I just test drove the PP car below and the exhaust is perfect in my opinion- not as nice of course as the GT 350 but close in race mode(no individual exhaust mode).The dual tips are the icing on the cake and it looks great.

The car sits just right in the back so no need to even lower it ( I am sure the front will drop with the supercharger weight).I loved the magnaride-i it is a lot more cushy in normal/track mode than it is on the GT 350 -especially now that I lowered that.

I am sure the 3.0 whipple will make more power but I have always preferred the low end torque the TVS makes compared to the larger twin screws, and besides I doubt it will come with a warranty .

I also will probably end up adding the latest generation whipple that fits the GT 350 .

I think I will be truly done when my mustang stable includes a GT 350(whipped or not), 2018-rouscharged(or next Gen GT500) both of which should run 10's and still drive nice and my 2 "race cars" -TT/5.2/GT350 heads and 3.2 KB/GT350 heads for when I want to go 9.s( the Hellion still drives "nice" but the 3.2 KB car is a different story----- because race car:cheers:)
2018GT2.JPG
2018GT1.JPG

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
As reported.

The new Port Direct Injection will not permit intercooler housing in the V. Both the Direct and Port Injectors now rest where a traditional supercharger's intercooler a once did.

Whipple had to redesign the entire unit and opted to flip the supercharger upside down (literally). The intercooler is no on top of the screws (see Whipples new SC) and sited the Port Direct Injectors as the cause.

This 2600 will require an external intercooler, keep that in mind.

The GT500 will not be equipped with Whipples new upside down charger, as reported, PDI caused major issues.

I thought they said it doesn't require one. And that it can be added.

Also, what are the PDI issues...
Sponsored