Got me a stubby

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Sorry, my bad for bringing the thread back to life. Just wanted to add to the list of people who were happy with the Stubby.
No problem............just reminds me I need to get one....:thumbsup:
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just cut my OEM antenna in half, moved the little rubber end cap over, *poof*, free stubby. :D

(My MMD Foose spoiler was hitting it ...)

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I just cut my OEM antenna in half, moved the little rubber end cap over, *poof*, free stubby. :D

(My MMD Foose spoiler was hitting it ...)
Any signal degradation? Antennas are tuned to a length for frequency range reasons. And if you don’t experience bad radio reception after cutting, I would assume the radio stations you listen to, the transmitters are close by or the stations are pumping out a gigawatt if power. :headbang:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Any signal degradation? Antennas are tuned to a length for frequency range reasons. And if you don’t experience bad radio reception after cutting, I would assume the radio stations you listen to, the transmitters are close by or the stations are pumping out a gigawatt if power. :headbang:
Yeah, I knew about the length consideration (that's what she said ...), and I even read an article where someone was going through some kind of gyrations to determine an effective shortening (relative to frequency attenuation) ... but I sort of just picked a point and snip. I'd say maybe 40% cut? Anyway, the few stations we occasionally listen to still sound pretty decent (one of our favorites from Orlando never came in all that well).

95% of the time we're listening to digital via iPhone (by way of Car Play). :cheers:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Yeah, I knew about the length consideration (that's what she said ...), and I even read an article where someone was going through some kind of gyrations to determine an effective shortening (relative to frequency attenuation) ... but I sort of just picked a point and snip. I'd say maybe 40% cut? Anyway, the few stations we occasionally listen to still sound pretty decent (one of our favorites from Orlando never came in all that well).

95% of the time we're listening to digital via iPhone (by way of Car Play). :cheers:
She will always say that...:lol:

You can add a load coil (inductor) when "retuning" an antenna, but that brings up other issues.:doh: But, like you I am listening to digital audio of one form or another and even satellite...:thumbsup:

Randhawa_KS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KS
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT OF vert, FG XR6, Lexus RX 350
Just wondering if anyone tried or thought of trying auto power antenna on the vert. I'm getting my 2019 vert in January and would like any suggestions or feedback.
Sponsored