Sponsored

Question for those with flat bottom steering wheels from CJ Pony Parts or GT350

bloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I've looked through all the threads I can find on flat bottom steering wheels and I have not found my answer. My biggest issue with the stock 18 steering wheel is that when you grip it, it is very soft and "mushy". It feels like it has a layer of very soft foam underneath the leather cover. I am assuming this is meant make it feel comfortable for some, but I have never had a steering wheel like this and unfortunately I find it very annoying.

I am wondering if the flat bottom steering wheels available from CJ Pony parts are firm when you grip them (like traditional sport car steering wheels) or if they also feel squishy. I am specifically asking about the CJ Pony Parts steering wheel because they have a model that is completely wrapped in leather, without any alcantara.

I would also like to hear from anyone with the GT350 or GT350R steering wheel. Do these wheel feel firm when you grip them, or are they squishy like the stock wheel on the GT?

Thank you for the help.
Sponsored

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have the CJ Pony one in all leather and it’s firm to the grip. I never felt a GT350 one but love the CJ one.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
CJ Pony wheel here in leather/alcantara. It has a firm grip, no squishy feel at all.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
CJ Pony wheel here in leather/alcantara. It has a firm grip, no squishy feel at all.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feels firm, but I would have liked it to have been a 'little' thicker. But for the price, ya just cant beat it.

Overall, I am very pleased with this wheel....:thumbsup:

93notch5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, 1993 LX 5.0 Notch
I have the GT350 wheel and it is firm, not squishy like stock. Much better looking and feeling for sure

Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
I have the 350R and the alcantara part is firm but soft to the touch. The flat bottom part is squishy but not bad for just grabbing while cruising.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Feels firm, but I would have liked it to have been a 'little' thicker. But for the price, ya just cant beat it.

Overall, I am very pleased with this wheel....:thumbsup:
Same for me. The feel is firm but wouldn’t mind it being a little thicker. I’m thinking iof getting it rewrapped

OP
OP

bloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Thank you much everyone. Looks like this is my next mod. I really love the look of the GT350 wheel but I am not sure if I'm ready to commit to taking care of the alcantara, lol. Decisions, decisions.....

Bert03GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thank you much everyone. Looks like this is my next mod. I really love the look of the GT350 wheel but I am not sure if I'm ready to commit to taking care of the alcantara, lol. Decisions, decisions.....
That’s exactly why I went with th CJ one in all leather. I daily the crap out of mine.

Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have the SVE X550 wheel. It's awesome. Not squishy at all.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The all leather one is pretty much the same as the stock S197 wrapped wheel with premium interior trim. Better leather feel (hand) than the S550.

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Dear CJ, or who ever else is making flat bottom wheels, please make one that is compatible with the heated wheel and airbag......

I miss my gt350 wheel - it doesn't fit my '18 401a....

Hugs and Kisses,

Hawkbox