Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What's the deal with magnaride? So many of us do springs ,coils, or bags so just curious
Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
What's the deal with magnaride? So many of us do springs ,coils, or bags so just curious
Agree. My dad has a garage queen 2003 vette with magnaride suspension and his shocks are leaking and need to be replaced (prob because it sits more than it's driven) but those definitely aren't cheap to replace.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Agree. My dad has a garage queen 2003 vette with magnaride suspension and his shocks are leaking and need to be replaced (prob because it sits more than it's driven) but those definitely aren't cheap to replace.
Replacement parts may be overpriced. FWIW, when I bought my Cadillac Magnaride was part of a package but by doing some analysis of packages and trim levels, Magnaride added ~$500 MSRP.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Oh, this really isn't good news :(

From Chris Doane's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisDoaneAuto/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

"Starting to sound like the facelifted, 2018 Ford Mustang could be a no show at NAIAS.

There's a private event scheduled for Tuesday in Dearborn where, apparently, Ford will show the facelifted Mustang to members of the media. Everything shown at this event will be embargoed. So if the Mustang is there, it certainly won't be at NAIAS"

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
Oh, this really isn't good news :(

From Chris Doane's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisDoaneAuto/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

"Starting to sound like the facelifted, 2018 Ford Mustang could be a no show at NAIAS.

There's a private event scheduled for Tuesday in Dearborn where, apparently, Ford will show the facelifted Mustang to members of the media. Everything shown at this event will be embargoed. So if the Mustang is there, it certainly won't be at NAIAS"
So, either way, we should see something this week on the new mustang...whether it's officially released in Detroit or leaked spy pics?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I guess that's possible, but if any reputable press outlet wants to remain on good terms with Ford, they won't leak before the embargo ends.

That's not to say it won't be seen and photographed at some other point on the Tuesday by someone that doesn't sign the embargo.

For one, I believe our very own [MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION] has a Press Pass for the event, so hopefully he'll be able to get into this Mustang reveal......even if it means he has to sit on the information (not that I'll be jealous. Much :p )

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I guess that's possible, but if any reputable press outlet wants to remain on good terms with Ford, they won't leak before the embargo ends.

That's not to say it won't be seen and photographed at some other point on the Tuesday by someone that doesn't sign the embargo.

For one, I believe our very own [MENTION=6651]Bullitt[/MENTION] has a Press Pass for the event, so hopefully he'll be able to get into this Mustang reveal......even if it means he has to sit on the information (not that I'll be jealous. Much :p )
I do have a press pass but didn't receive this invite if it exists. Press passes aren't too hard to get for the show as long as you have some kind of following. If some private showing is happening, it'll only be the "elite" that get to see it I'm sure (Motor Trend, New York Times, etc). There are no automaker press conferences scheduled for Tuesday. Maybe I'll try to dig around on Monday at the show and see if I can weasel my way in. ;)

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Imho you shouldn't replace anything about it. They are tuned & connected to the computer. Unless they reprogram them aswell it's not worth it. You'll make it worse instead of improving it.

I won't buy magnetic shocks again. I had it on my previous car (Audi TTRS). Yes they are superb tech, but they do start leaking in the end (all brands do it and it might take several years before they start doing so, but still...).

(For example there are brand new Audi R8's with under 7000 miles that already have leaking shocks... :eyebulge:)

The long and short of it is that the iron filings in the oil end up destroying rubber seals.

So if you give me the option to choose I won't spec them again.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
What if tomorrow the "normal" 2018 Mustang is unveiled and Tuesday's event is for a special edition like the Mach 1? Ford usually doesn't show the new model and the special edition at the same. At this point it could be anything.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What if tomorrow the "normal" 2018 Mustang is unveiled and Tuesday's event is for a special edition like the Mach 1? Ford usually doesn't show the new model and the special edition at the same. At this point it could be anything.

I like your positive thinking :)

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
I stayed in Lowestoft for three weeks and loved it.
Off topic: I just saw your videos last night from the ÂĄyoutube channel of your buddy with the ecoboost!

On topic: Ordered my GT here in Australia last week of Dec 16, hopefully I would be getting the refreshed model.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That would be perfect lol I can wait until October :) Gaga
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.