Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowsong6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 mustang v6
You can always upgrade later. I found an awesome deal on a leftover 16 back in June and didn't want to wait to swap from EB to GT so I went for it. If the 18s knock my socks off I'll swap cars again. Might not be the most financially frugal way to live but we're never promised tomorrow. :)
Very true, a 2014 V6 to a 2015+ 5.0 is a huge jump on it's own. I may even be satisfied with the car even without the dual injection setup.... until the itch for more power kicks in. :D
Sponsored

OP
OP

XKRJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT, 02 Tbird, 06 XKR
Those aren't just the 2 different order codes for Eco vs GT ?

Currently,
67E - Eco Performance Pack is $1995
vs.
67G - GT Performance pack is $2995

If they're dropping the V6, they don't need to specifically call it Eco Performance Pack to identify it as not available on the V6's, its just the (base) Performance Package, then they have the GT Performance Package for GT's only.

OP, was it called Performance Pack 2 ? was there a price ?

No, its listed only under GT, with both PP's listed. Looks like the PP2 isn't under the 400a package, just the 401a.

No prices, and usually the order computer doesn't have them until about the time production starts, we often have to order the first ones without knowing costs, not a bid deal with known items, but when new options come out it can be a little risky.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
So the colors arent bad but idk i think they missed the mark. Imo they should of done this...

-shadow black
-a metallic black with fleck
-school bus yellow
-grabber orange or orange fury (which is alright)
-gotta have it green
-highland green (or something damn close)
-race red
-royal red (even though i like ruby red, there should only be two reds)
-oxford white
-ingot silver (or something a tad darker)
-grabber blue (do it one more year)
-lightning blue

And the last two colors which are both offered on the current f150:

-Lithium gray (which is like avalanche gray but alot darker)
-Blue jeans (has been on the f150 for some years now and to me it is one of the nicest blues ive ever seen)
-also even though i like magentic alot its been on the mustang for quite some time now so its time for a change and by doing Lithium gray and a darker ingot i think it would make up for it.

-I know its acouple extra colors but damn i think it would be some color pallet. Ford hmu if you want to offer me a job because these new colors aren't quite on pace for what people want (or at least what i want)

-top pictures are Lithium gray in the sun and in the shade and bottom is blue jeans in the sun and shade
5380FB36-E3FF-4C0A-9B44-71ACF289555F.jpg

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
In direct sunlight, Shadow Black, a color not identified as metallic, does have blue metallic flecks.

Sponsored

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Can't see how they won't offer the full performance package with the 10 speed considering based on the zl1 camaro press release it will be a performance auto with lightning fast shifts and immediate downshift response. Chevy claims faster than Porsche PDK.

Last edited:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So the colors arent bad but idk i think they missed the mark. Imo they should of done this...

-shadow black
-school bus yellow
-gotta have it green
-race red
-oxford white
-lightning blue

-Blue jeans (has been on the f150 for some years now and to me it is one of the nicest blues ive ever seen)
-also even though i like magentic alot its been on the mustang for quite some time now so its time for a change and by doing Lithium gray and a darker ingot i think it would make up for it.

-I know its acouple extra colors but damn i think it would be some color pallet. Ford hmu if you want to offer me a job because these new colors aren't quite on pace for what people want (or at least what i want)

-top pictures are Lithium gray in the sun and in the shade and bottom is blue jeans in the sun and shade
I've seen the Lithium gray to dark for my taste

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Lithium was my go to color for my then potential F-150 buy...would love to see it in the 'stang. I'm only buying solid colors, no metal flaky stuff for me.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No, its listed only under GT, with both PP's listed. Looks like the PP2 isn't under the 400a package, just the 401a.

No prices, and usually the order computer doesn't have them until about the time production starts, we often have to order the first ones without knowing costs, not a bid deal with known items, but when new options come out it can be a little risky.
Thanks again for the information. Please do keep checking the system, just in case more info is updated, and let us know :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
This is probably the only legitimate information we are going to get until like next year. We might get some blurry camo shots here and there along the way. :tsk:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Why call it PP2 instead of TP and only offer it with base package gt? I m hoping for a track pack magna ride + hp and torque bump. Put that 10 speed in the combination as well. Make that model 100 lb lighter with aluminum and other parts. Slap a price tag of 43 - 44 grand.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE

-shadow black
-school bus yellow
-gotta have it green
-race red
-oxford white
-lightning blue

Digging that Lithium gray sun shot.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
interested to see the orange fury.
not sure if it will be similar to the picts you have posted of the 2007 expedition
but it would be nice if it was like the molten orange on the fiesta a few years back....
my wife said it wold be in our cycle of purchasing cars since we have bought a car in 12, 15, and the pattern would be 18.....
but we are saving for a house so not sure if that will happen....
unless its really really tempting color...and we find a boat load of money!

i would think with the technology they have now with the automated paint booths and how they can interchange so quickly why dont they offer many colors? say like 20 or 25? i think that is better than 10. i understand back 30 years ago when they had workers spraying the cars but its 2017! COM' ON MAN!

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
For me, it's all about the magneride. Having driven a GT350 track pack, I can only dream of porting that over to my GT...

The only question is whether I'll be able to retrofit that into my '15 :O
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.