OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You might get in contact with OPMustang.com - owner (whom your contact message would to go directly...) has brake ducts from the lower grill. It looks fine.

Good sway bar choice. The best!
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mad props to Ford Performance today! They are going to send me a replacement passenger-side catch can because the bracket cracked at the point where the wire Christmas tree push pin thing goes through. ONE email, I'm getting a replacement - no arguements, no having to take pictures or argue with someone on the phone or get blamed for installing it wrong or anything that is a BS barrier to good customer service. That's how it's done. Unlike UPR's recent treatment of me... which I'll do a write-up on.

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Mad props to Ford Performance today! They are going to send me a replacement passenger-side catch can because the bracket cracked at the point where the wire Christmas tree push pin thing goes through. ONE email, I'm getting a replacement - no arguements, no having to take pictures or argue with someone on the phone or get blamed for installing it wrong or anything that is a BS barrier to good customer service. That's how it's done. Unlike UPR's recent treatment of me... which I'll do a write-up on.
Glad to hear it, I'm waiting to order mine to see if a fat man in a red suit brings me one. If its not much trouble can you share a pic of the cracked area?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Glad to hear it, I'm waiting to order mine to see if a fat man in a red suit brings me one. If its not much trouble can you share a pic of the cracked area?
The new ones don't have the hole for the Christmas tree plug so it probably won't crack ever. I don't have a photo of it convenient.

The can is totally fine, just the bracket cracked.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
[MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]... want to say thanks... after reading your build thread I was finally able to build the cohones to pull the trigger on a square set of these S350 19x11 for dual purpose street/track duty. I've been running 19x10s squared with 285/35 Michelin PS4S and am now ready for the next step up. Plan to run the 19x11s with a set of 305/30 RS4s.

Your thread was really helpful, thanks!

Sponsored

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Lunch and beer is on me if you are ever in Tucson.

Sponsored
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Took my car to the dealer just below 36K to have some concerns addressed:

- Purge valve was stuck open, possibly the source of my fuel cut out. They were baffled why I wasn't throwing a code. Seems VMP turned off the monitors? He said this could very well be why I get fuel cut off even with 3/4 a tank on some fast turns. Car would also bog after starting, especially in cold weather or after filling my gas tank.
- Windshield wiper fluid nozzles stopped working after being in Chicago for a week. He had to replace the lines on the hood as they apparently cracked and the nozzles. WTF?
- Radiator fans are failing; was told by the guy that my tune is set for a 170 stat but I have a 180 and they are full blast basically all the time. I knew something was funny about that. Will finally put in the 170 stat I have, I guess!
- Fresh alignment to my exact specs after installing Steeda's front lower control arms... all good there. Rear IRS is almost dead tits aligned to body (thrust angle) thanks to Steeda alignment pins. Cool!

Otherwise the car is checking out fine after getting beat on for almost two years. All Steeda parts, apart from some rust on my LCA braces from where I put a jack on the jack point, are in perfect shape. Remaining stock parts are fine, as well. Car is going to go in for a full detail soon. There's salt caked under the car I'm going to have someone do a full underbody, body, and interior clean... screw the cost.

This season I'm going to have to tone down the amount of track days I do as I'll be knee deep in some home expenses and a possible move, but I'm going to focus on development at Road Atlanta to prepare for my first time trial which will be there.

...and I got a CF Tiger Racing hood. Hehehe. I'm going to have it painted, I hate the CF look. Can't afford that right now so later.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Good to know on the thermostat. I have a 170 degree one I'm putting in tomorrow while I await my replacement site tube and fittings from Mishimoto. I see a flex fuel tune coming in the near future.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Took my car to the dealer just below 36K to have some concerns addressed:

- Purge valve was stuck open, possibly the source of my fuel cut out. They were baffled why I wasn't throwing a code. Seems VMP turned off the monitors? He said this could very well be why I get fuel cut off even with 3/4 a tank on some fast turns. Car would also bog after starting, especially in cold weather or after filling my gas tank.
- Windshield wiper fluid nozzles stopped working after being in Chicago for a week. He had to replace the lines on the hood as they apparently cracked and the nozzles. WTF?
- Radiator fans are failing; was told by the guy that my tune is set for a 170 stat but I have a 180 and they are full blast basically all the time. I knew something was funny about that. Will finally put in the 170 stat I have, I guess!
- Fresh alignment to my exact specs after installing Steeda's front lower control arms... all good there. Rear IRS is almost dead tits aligned to body (thrust angle) thanks to Steeda alignment pins. Cool!

Otherwise the car is checking out fine after getting beat on for almost two years. All Steeda parts, apart from some rust on my LCA braces from where I put a jack on the jack point, are in perfect shape. Remaining stock parts are fine, as well. Car is going to go in for a full detail soon. There's salt caked under the car I'm going to have someone do a full underbody, body, and interior clean... screw the cost.

This season I'm going to have to tone down the amount of track days I do as I'll be knee deep in some home expenses and a possible move, but I'm going to focus on development at Road Atlanta to prepare for my first time trial which will be there.

...and I got a CF Tiger Racing hood. Hehehe. I'm going to have it painted, I hate the CF look. Can't afford that right now so later.
How did they determine your fans are failing? Mine make a loud screeching noise when I shut the car off and the fans come to a stop. Is that what yours are doing?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
How did they determine your fans are failing? Mine make a loud screeching noise when I shut the car off and the fans come to a stop. Is that what yours are doing?
Intermittently, but yes. It's only one of them that's doing it but I think they have to replace them both as it's one unit? Not sure - never looked.

Basically, as they slow down they're going "wee weer werrrrr werrrrr wrrrrrrrrrrrrr". It was cute the first time... :headbonk:
Sponsored