Sponsored

2016 GT Release Date/Question

Sota9214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I will start by saying that I have never owned anything other than a truck or a SUV. However, over the last few months I have been reading up on the 2015 Mustangs after seeing one pass me in traffic. I am 100% convinced my next car will be a Mustang GT Premium with the performance package.

I understand that the Mustang wasn't released long ago but I am curious as to when the 2016 should be released. My understanding is that it should/will be very similar to this years minus the Microsoft platform and adding blackberry. I don't know much about the blackberry platform but I do know that Sync doesn't work well with my Iphone 6 in my explorer.

Should I wait or pull the trigger now? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
One year out there will be small changes in color and other items (sync platform change probably the biggest) but there will also be cost reductions which could remove items Or features that you would want.

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I imagine it will follow Ford's more usual release times, August-September 2015 the '16 will likely be hitting the lots.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know much about the blackberry platform but I do know that Sync doesn't work well with my Iphone 6 in my explorer.
Not that I care for the Microsoft Sync system (there is a 1 - 2 second delay everytime use the touch screen), it does work perfectly with my wife's iPhone 6 and mine. I am curious about that Blackberry QNX system, though...

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
I remember hearing in one of the SYNC3 videos that the system would be available in The fall, so I'm guessing that the 2016s will be out in September/October just like the 2015.

Sponsored

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I know it's probably a pipe dream (different hardware and OS), but anyone think that there is any chance we could upgrade our systems to Sync 3?

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The systems cannot be interchanged. MFT hardware cannot be changed out to sync 3.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
i'd get it now. my iphone 6 works flawlessly with sync over bluetooth.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I'd wait if you don't really need it NOW. You might like one of the newer colors. IMO, Ford needs to start having new colors. The current ones have been out for a while. Also 2016 might start earlier than 2015 did, since they currently have production running.

If you are getting a premium package, I would for sure wait. I hated the current MFT in a Ford Edge I rented recently. I watched various videos of the new Sync3 and it looks much better. It's a simpler interface and should let you concentrate more on driving, not trying to figure out what tiny button to tap.

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
I'd wait if you don't really need it NOW. You might like one of the newer colors. IMO, Ford needs to start having new colors. The current ones have been out for a while. Also 2016 might start earlier than 2015 did, since they currently have production running.

If you are getting a premium package, I would for sure wait. I hated the current MFT in a Ford Edge I rented recently. I watched various videos of the new Sync3 and it looks much better. It's a simpler interface and should let you concentrate more on driving, not trying to figure out what tiny button to tap.
They added Four new colors for 2015 ( magnetic, guard, competition orange and triple yellow ).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sota9214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Thanks. I would actually be ordering through Donlen so this helps. I will keep looking at this website and checking for updates.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I will start by saying that I have never owned anything other than a truck or a SUV. However, over the last few months I have been reading up on the 2015 Mustangs after seeing one pass me in traffic. I am 100% convinced my next car will be a Mustang GT Premium with the performance package.

I understand that the Mustang wasn't released long ago but I am curious as to when the 2016 should be released. My understanding is that it should/will be very similar to this years minus the Microsoft platform and adding blackberry. I don't know much about the blackberry platform but I do know that Sync doesn't work well with my Iphone 6 in my explorer.

Should I wait or pull the trigger now? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
I don't have any problems at all with the MFT and my iPhone. The delay isn't really noticeable to me and I can't really see the interface being much more user friendly. It's pretty simple as it is with the four quadrant design.

IMO, the real question are the colors since they may introduce new ones for 2016. I either wanted race red or grabber blue, and waiting another year for the chance of them making grabber blue seemed silly. If you find what you want and love the color, go for it! :cheers:

OP
OP

Sota9214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I don't have any problems at all with the MFT and my iPhone. The delay isn't really noticeable to me and I can't really see the interface being much more user friendly. It's pretty simple as it is with the four quadrant design.

IMO, the real question are the colors since they may introduce new ones for 2016. I either wanted race red or grabber blue, and waiting another year for the chance of them making grabber blue seemed silly. If you find what you want and love the color, go for it! :cheers:
Well considering I am planning on going with the Oxford White GT premium PP then I guess I will go ahead and pull the trigger soon! Love the white/black combo...
Sponsored