Sponsored

Dynatech Longtubes & X-pipe w/ Solo Performance Cat-back

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP
I noticed that there isn't much info about Dynatech on the site so I figured I'd post something so the next person that comes along will have something to reference. Well, that and I really like their products. I've been running their SuperMAXX 1 7/8" long tubes since last August. I've got them connected up to their SuperMAXX Catted X-Pipe and I go back and fourth between the Solo Mach Thunder catback and the Solo Street Race XV . The system sounds amazing with this setup and almost has an exotic sound to it. The mach thunder, imho, is the perfect volume/tone and gets right up near the "probably too loud for most people" level without actually sounding overly loud or obnoxious unless you really get on it. The Street Race is essentially 3" pipes coming off the headers and it definitely sounds like just that. I love it but my neighborhood is too quiet for late nights and early mornings with that setup. I'm going to be ordering the off-road xpipe as well just to see how that sounds and performs. With the SC I want all of the breathability I can get :) I also have the Dynotech one piece aluminum driveshaft which I'm told is built to the exact same spec as the Geforce. No complaints there either. Anyway here are some pics and if anyone has any questions about any of my mods feel free to shoot me a pm.
Dynatech - 3.jpg
Dynatech - 4.jpg
Dynatech - 5.jpg
Dynatech - 6.jpg
Dynatech - 7.jpg
Dynatech - 9.jpg
Dynatech - 1.jpg
Dynatech - 2.jpg
Dynatech - 8.jpg
Dynatech - 10.jpg
Dynatech - 11.jpg
Dynatech - 12.jpg
Dynatech - 14.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft - 1.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft - 2.jpg
Dynatech - 13.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft - 3.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft - 4.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft - 5.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 1.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 2.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 3.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 4.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 5.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 6.jpg
Dynatech_Driveshaft_installed - 7.jpg
Dynatech_catted_xpipe.jpg
Dynatech_manual - 1.jpg
SoloMachThunder - 1.jpg
SoloStreetRaceXV.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stingerbtry

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gratuitous under-hood shot ;)
VMP_underhood - 1.jpg

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Kinda funny, I have both those headers and driveshaft on my 2011 as well.

Just FYI, they are two separate companies, Dynatech and Dynotech. You spelled them the same in the OP.

OP
OP
stingerbtry

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda funny, I have both those headers and driveshaft on my 2011 as well.

Just FYI, they are two separate companies, Dynatech and Dynotech. You spelled them the same in the OP.
Corrected, thanks! Pretty sad that I never even noticed they were different companies, lol. I guess that since VMP recommended both parts I just assumed they were the same company and it was far apart enough that I didn't even pay it any attention. Crazy.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How do the Dynatech headers compare in price with ARH and Kooks? About the same?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stingerbtry

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do the Dynatech headers compare in price with ARH and Kooks? About the same?
I think I paid around $1500 for the headers and the catted x-pipe.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Is your car lowered? Can you take a photo showing clearance between header and road?

OP
OP
stingerbtry

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your car lowered? Can you take a photo showing clearance between header and road?
It is and it’s pretty damn low. I can take a pic later when I get home. But for the clearance, you actually have quite a bit of adjustment between you cat-back and the mid-pipe and then from there to the headers. I’ve got mine fairly well tucked up into the car. The connection between the headers and the mid-pipe is sort of like a shoulder socket. You have a pretty big range of movement/adjustment. What I did was loosely installed everything and then used my transmission jack to raise the whole exhaust up and into place.

OP
OP
stingerbtry

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually got my dynatech cat-less x-pipe delivered today and installed it after work. I went back over the system and was able to get it snugged up really nicely where it doesn't hang down much at all. I was also pleasantly surprised that after beating on these cats for 6 months that they still look brand new and with how much the sound changed going cat-less. Not a whole lot louder but more low gurgle/rumble. I dig it.
x-pipe - 1.jpg
x-pipe - 2.jpg
x-pipe - 3.jpg
x-pipe - 4.jpg
x-pipe - 5.jpg
x-pipe_cat - 1.jpg

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had DynaTech LT headers and x pipe on my 2012 GT500 and was very happy with their quality and fit.

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I actually got my dynatech cat-less x-pipe delivered today and installed it after work. I went back over the system and was able to get it snugged up really nicely where it doesn't hang down much at all. I was also pleasantly surprised that after beating on these cats for 6 months that they still look brand new and with how much the sound changed going cat-less. Not a whole lot louder but more low gurgle/rumble. I dig it.
Duh, I could have seen in your mod list that you have the Eibach lowering springs which sit a little lower than the Steeda progressive's I have. I like your setup and the idea that the cats can be easily removed and re-installed. Thanks for the write up and photos!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we actually sell a fair amount of the dynatech, they make a very nice / quality product
Sponsored