ATI 1FW411-SCI Procharger Vs Whipple

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Wasup guys/girls, so im in the market for a supercharger since i live in the great state of California it must have be CARB legal. So options are limited, so no turbos :tsk:

Ive been researching quite a bit and have come to two choices that may fit my budget, around 7K.

The procharger
https://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1FW...ercooled-System-P-1SC-1-EO-ATI-1FW411-SCI.htm

Whipple
https://www.americanmuscle.com/whipple-sc-2015gt.html

Any pros and cons for either?
Im not looking for crazy power maybe 600-700hp, I know either kit can be upgraded, I love the sound of the whipple but I also like the power curve of a centrifugal.

Any other options would be well accepted.

Im selling my street bike for a big portion of this,:headbonk:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
No not at all

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Paxton and Vortech kits are also CARB legal.

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
I was in the exact same boat as you, especially since we live in CA. After a lot of research, I decided on a Procharger stage 2 with a D1X upgrade. I know your main goal is to stay CARB legal, as was mine, but I ended up going with PC stage 2 vs stage 2 Whipple because of cost, ease of install (and removal if need be), and power delivery.
Cost - What I spent with Lethal Performance for the Stage 2 PC kit with the D1X head unit and big red race valve, ID1050x injectors, Sai Li return system (black braided hoses), UPR catch can, Lund Ngauge with custom tune, spark plugs, and 170* thermostat costs roughly $150 less than the Whipple stage 2 with the upgraded HE and painted a custom color. With all the extra upgrades I got, it gives me plenty of room to grow in the future.
Ease of install - After reviewing the manual for both kits, it was clear that it would be very easy to revert back to stock with PC (6-7 hour install vs 20 hours). Not saying it’s not doable with Whipple, but it’s going to take a lot more effort. The only hiccup (and trimming) I ran into during the install was for the pipe going from the head unit to the intercooler because I chose the race valve. That step alone took us an additional 45 minutes to “massage” the couplers and pipe into place. After doing the install, I can see removal only taking a few hours and not leaving much evidence behind.
Power delivery - I love the fact that the Whipple produces instant torque as soon as you pedal but IMO, it puts a little more stress on the drivetrain due to how the torque is delivered. With the centrifugal, the power delivery is like a pull that keeps getting faster until you let off.
Whenever smog time rolls around, I’ll have to find a good smog shop, or just remove the kit which can be done in an afternoon.
At the end of the day, it’s your money so spend it how you like.

On a side note - Get with Logan at Lethal Performance for the best pricing on either kit you choose. I already called/emailed/FB messaged everywhere and he had them all beat. Plus, his customer service was the best out of everyone’s, including some big name competitors who would talk to you like you’re not serious about dropping $7k+

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Definely whipple! I love mine and a Gen 3 with the 132MM TB will make that power out of the box easily!

DkStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Whipple not because of the sound because the new gen 3 is dead silent. But because the power is plenty and instant always there no matter which gear, driveability is also better than stock. 4th gear pulls 50-100 are insane :crazy:

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Both options will make the power you are seeking. its a matter of how you prefer your power.

If you need pricing on Procharger shoot me a PM and I can get you everything you need for a killer price.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Stick cars really like a PD blower....

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Whipple not because of the sound because the new gen 3 is dead silent. But because the power is plenty and instant always there no matter which gear, driveability is also better than stock. 4th gear pulls 50-100 are insane :crazy:
This...just installed and currently tuning my Whipple. Couldn't be happier.

Sponsored

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Never ever seen a procharger mounted like that...

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Paxton and Vortech kits are also CARB legal.

Ive had a Vortech in the past on a fox body anf i Loved the power it made just was super loud in idle. How do the new ones stack up?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
OP did you mean you like the sound of the PC and power curve of the Whipple?

I've had a centri before and now a Whipple. On a stick car I much prefer the Whipple and it's power down low.

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
I like the sounds and the power delivery of a Centri but I also never had a twin screw. Im looking at almost 9k for a wipple setup as well
Sponsored