Mustang GT vs Kia Stinger GT

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
The Stinger sounds like what it is. A bunch of bumble bees in a can. The car is fast and looks decent, but I couldn't live with myself knowing the car sounds "turrrrible"
Still sounds better than an Ecoboost :D so I'd have no problem with it
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The Stinger sounds like what it is. A bunch of bumble bees in a can. The car is fast and looks decent, but I couldn't live with myself knowing the car sounds "turrrrible"
Have you heard it with the Borla Exhaust? I thought it was actually a very good sounding 6.

Granted, this is coming from a guy who refuses to drive anything other than a v-8 and stick shift, but I give credit where credit is due! :headbang:

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Look who just got a twin turbo little brother! Loaded GT2 RWD in limited edition Sunset Yellow. Only 400 made, even fewer of the top trim like this one.
DEC9AC1C-58C6-4B60-BC9B-4E2F00CA67EC.jpeg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
EB Mustang and Focus RS sound much worse.

Sponsored

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
I went and looked at one when they first got into Houston...

Rear visibility is pretty bad, not a terrible car but you couldn't give me one lol. Well you could but I would just sell it haha.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Look who just got a twin turbo little brother! Loaded GT2 RWD in limited edition Sunset Yellow. Only 400 made, even fewer of the top trim like this one.
Thoughts so far? Looks awesome!

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
I went and looked at one when they first got into Houston...

Rear visibility is pretty bad, not a terrible car but you couldn't give me one lol. Well you could but I would just sell it haha.
Please... do tell me of how fabulous the rear visibility is in your Mustang. :crazy:

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please... do tell me of how fabulous the rear visibility is in your Mustang. :crazy:
Fabulous, nope I didn't say that but it's better than that kia pos:thumbsup:

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Thoughts so far? Looks awesome!
Thanks! We've only had the car two weeks or so and with nights dipping down into the 40s and it wearing Pilot Sport 4 summer tires, it's only had a couple hundred miles put on it. Here are my thoughts so far.

1) This thing is very solidly made, basically matching the build quality of my Lexus. Solid door thuds on closing, nothing wiggles or fits loosely inside.
2) I'm now officially a fan of turbo engines. Torque hits super low in the RPM range and it just pulls and pulls. The drive modes make a huge difference in how it drives. Equally impressive are its all around Brembo brakes.
3) This is the best integration of an auto start/stop system I've used. Very smooth and nearly undetectable. And you can deactivate it when you want to have some fun.
4) The cargo space is huge thanks to the hatchback opening. We just moved and I was shocked at how much it could haul with the back seats down.
5) You can customize the heads up display to show lots of different info, including blind spot monitoring.
6) The adaptive cruise control keeps the settings from the last time you used it. Our Lexus and Tacoma both automatically reset to the farthest following distance. It may sound little, but it's a nice touch.
7) I'm still fiddling with the customization options. You can even customize the number of times your turn signal blinks when you just tap it once.
8) Most exciting is what it cost. Fully loaded with a Harman/Kardon stereo, HUD, heated/ventilated seats, power adjustable steering column, plus all the mechanical goodies mentioned above and we got it for $700 under invoice + a $6700 lease incentive. $42k for this car is an absolute steal.

Sponsored

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)

It's unfortunate you have to hate on other people's happiness. I enjoy all of my cars. Hopefully you'll find enough happiness one day to not have to get joy from putting others down.

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's unfortunate you have to hate on other people's happiness. I enjoy all of my cars. Hopefully you'll find enough happiness one day to not have to get joy from putting others down.
It's also unfortunate that you for some odd reason think i'm hating on your happiness. It's call an opinion, you can form one about whatever you like. I personally went to look at a stinger GT, I don't like it that's my opinion of the car. I test drove both a GT1/GT2 just because it's not my cup of tea doesn't mean you have to come back telling me how "fab" the view is in the s550. The camaro I test drove has poor rear visibility, the stinger worse, the s550 isn't bad but it's not great either.

Chill out cupcake.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Relax. He still has his mustang and now has a bad ass 4 door to go with it.

Did Kia beat you up in HS or something?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Definitely enjoyed my 2013 PP SHO tuned by you guys. :thumbsup:
Glad you loved the tune and enjoyed the car, for a taurus its very stylish, interior is extremely comfortable and definitey is a night and day difference on a tune! :cheers:

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Relax. He still has his mustang and now has a bad ass 4 door to go with it.

Did Kia beat you up in HS or something?
- Sure? I don't understand the direction of this comment, my OPINION with the car is I just didn't like the rear visibility. Sensitive group in this post lol.:shrug:
Sponsored