Canadian 2018 Mustang Gt (300A) limited to 7000rpm

OP
OP

Desmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac Cts
If that’s the case I would demand a digital dash! The dealers only seemed to import premium level on the 2017 GT. But in the 2018 they included the base GT. If they did this last year I would probably by driving a GT now. Having said that if it’s a special order for a small market like Canada you may end up with shit like this. I would demand a digital dash if they gave you an improper speedo. If you ordered base and it came without Sync 3 and you needed it - Guess what, you get that too! It’s all drop in so...
To me it is really a wellfare move by Ford...How can you make you product look cheep like that???Wrong dash no problem... I lost respect a bit here. With all the work done to the engine with spray bore walls , DI, etc... You wouldnt counght Porsche doing something like that. More respect toward the integrity of their product.:headbonk:
Sponsored

Elgyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost, MT, DIB, Premium, PP
300A and 301A for base GT. Ecoboost are 100A, 101A for base and 200A, 201A for premium

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
I saw one today and that is true wrong dash

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw one today and that is true, red line at 6500 like 2015-2017 model . Couldn t be a special limit for canadian model ? I hope not

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
So has anyone actually tried reaching out to Ford to get an answer?...

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On ford Canada website in spécification there is a question mark for HP and RPM. I hope it s not a bad surprise for Canada

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Your price did not go up by much, if anything. Do you think Ford may be fitting the old Coyotes in Canadian '18s?
That would be insane :crazy: and quite a slap :doh: in the face of Canadian buyers.

If I was buying a 2018, I'd want to know before I make that purchase. Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of this.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Personally, I wouldn't care. As long as the engine is the gen3 and the true fuel-cut is 7500 (or whatever), then who cares what the gauge says?

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Personally, I wouldn't care. As long as the engine is the gen3 and the true fuel-cut is 7500 (or whatever), then who cares what the gauge says?
I'd feel the same way but would use it to my advantage to knock a few hundred off the price as a negotiation tactic.

It'd be good to know though if it truly does rev to where the USA cars do. I imagine it does ... can't see us having a different tune but ya never know.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
The car rev to the correct new red line. It as been test by a friend on his dyno. No worry for power and rev limiter. It make tons of powers!!!

But why should we settle for a 2017 dash with a wrong indicating redline? I paid a premium for the 301A package. I hope I still get the hollow illuminating ring around both gauge.

The USA dash indicate the correct red line so Canadian dash should be the same. Never seen a difference in USA and Canadian dash except obviously the km/h vs mph .
I just have never seen a car with the wrong indicating red line even in 15k car.

If I have to guess maybe the gauge supplier made a mistake but Ford decide they still want to ship the car to Canada without delay.
Maybe later on they will put the revise dash on later build car and if It's the case I will want to have the 2017 dash replace by the correct 2018 one in km/h. This is just speculation.

I sent a message to Ford in Canada and USA and also a dealer is trying to have some info on this situation.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The car rev to the correct new red line. It as been test by a friend on his dyno. No worry for power and rev limiter. It make tons of powers!!!

But why should we settle for a 2017 dash with a wrong indicating redline? I paid a premium for the 301A package. I hope I still get the hollow illuminating ring around both gauge.

The USA dash indicate the correct red line so Canadian dash should be the same. Never seen a difference in USA and Canadian dash except obviously the km/h vs mph .
I just have never seen a car with the wrong indicating red line even in 15k car.

If I have to guess maybe the gauge supplier made a mistake but Ford decide they still want to ship the car to Canada without delay.
Maybe later on they will put the revise dash on later build car and if It's the case I will want to have the 2017 dash replace by the correct 2018 one in km/h. This is just speculation.

I sent a message to Ford in Canada and USA and also a dealer is trying to have some info on this situation.
I don't know what it could involv to change the dash. But if there is a lot of screws etc... i will be afraid of rattles that could appear

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update about this issue ?
Sponsored