Sponsored

Am I crazy or just logical?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I may be going to the dealer today to put a deposit down an a PPLv2, but I also just found a dealer by me with an 2018 SS 1LE for just $42k.

That no only gets rid of my wait, but also, is about 6K cheaper. I've always been a Ford guy(aside from current car) but am I nuts for considering the 1LE instead or just logical?
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I may be going to the dealer today to put a deposit down an a PPLv2, but I also just found a dealer by me with an 2018 SS 1LE for just $42k.

That no only gets rid of my wait, but also, is about 6K cheaper. I've always been a Ford guy(aside from current car) but am I nuts for considering the 1LE instead or just logical?
Will you be using it as a DD? If not I would go for the 1LE.

Edit: I would go for the 1LE regardless :D

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Well, I understand the dilemma. I've always been a Ford & Mustang guy. The two times I swapped out from a Mustang, it was very brief. Mainly, because Mustang is in my blood. So, it really comes down to if you'll miss having a Ford or Mustang. If the answer is no and you'd be just as happy in the Chevy, then go for it.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Will you be using it as a DD? If not I would go for the 1LE
Yeah, no matter what I get I will DD it. I'm not the type of person that can take car of two cars. One always ends up just sitting.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, no matter what I get I will DD it. I'm not the type of person that can take car of two cars. One always ends up just sitting.
I edited while you where replying :D, I would go for the 1LE, regardless. Save 6k, have a car now which you can enjoy, better prepped for track use(coolers and such), also you already know its potential.

6k is a lot, many track days can be had for that, maintenance, additional upgrades, insurance.....

If it would have been available in Sweden and for the same price as the regular SS here I would go for it. I did go the Mustang way now however, compared to the regular SS I think the gap has been reduced quite a bit from a performance pov. The Mustang was a bit cheaper considering purchase price and insurance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
That would be tempting but after driving a Camaro for almost a week I don't know I could live with visibility issues

I thought everyone was exaggerating but they weren't

If it doesn't bother you, I'd go ss route

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
No, you are not crazy, but make sure you test drive the Camaro. The visibility issues are real, although the actual visibility isn't as bad as the "feeling" of being in a pill box. The side windows are tiny, and the door sills are high.

That being said, it is a tempting package. I predict by spring/summer the street price of the SS ILE and the PP2 are going to be very close.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
1Le is a sweet car if you entend to track it. If your in the majority of track package buyers. You’ll hate the stiff ride and never see a road course. But you’ll be able to tell everyone you got the package! As an ex 5th gen Camaro owner. I recommend you sit in it and see if you can live with all the blind spots. I loved my Camaro. As long as I wasn’t sitting in it.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
If you actually plan to do HPDE and/or AutoX, then go for it.

If not, I don't see the appeal.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Should definitely sit in the car and give it a test drive. It reallly is a great car (but so is the Mustang). The 1LE is better equipped for tracking than even the PP2 as you already mentioned, so i think the biggest question would be how does it feel to drive and does it make you look back when you walk away.

-T

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
If you don't mind compromising and down grading on looks, sound, and overall utility in the regular use of the car (blind spots, trunk size, rear seat room, interior layout), then the 1LE is probably the way to go.

OP
OP
UAmach1

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
If you don't mind compromising and down grading on looks, sound, and overall utility in the regular use of the car (blind spots, trunk size, rear seat room, interior layout), then the 1LE is probably the way to go.
Honestly I could have 0 trunk or rear seats and I'd be fine. All the storage I need is a passenger seat to hold my work bag.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Your Crazy:doh: