2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
BULLITT?

Please. Been done. Twice.

Eleanor tribute car should be next. Halicki. The real one. It can have a from-the-factory yellow vinyl wrap making it look all smashed up.

Or, as Atlee Jackson said, "All Wrecked up and stuff"
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
[MENTION=1]Jarstang[/MENTION] The "leaked" sticker was already confirmed NOT to be genuine... Anything for clicks though, amirite?
[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] When has this site ever published something knowingly false for the sake of clicks? Get real.

I will tell you this. Our source stands by its legitimacy despite what Ford claims and I have reason to believe it. There's also other info that cannot be shared to support the legitimacy of the 2018 Bullitt. Time will tell.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Does anybody read the original post? Price is not accurate. :doh:
seeing premium GT's around the same price. Its probably not inaccurate to think there will be a Bullitt at or very very close to 50k

Ford will not say yes its out until they are ready. My company has all these rules on releasing products, if we say anything we can get canned. Has to do with stocks n stuff i dont care about.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
[MENTION=21083]PatrickHenninger[/MENTION] When has this site ever published something knowingly false for the sake of clicks? Get real.

I will tell you this. Our source stands by its legitimacy despite what Ford claims and I have reason to believe it. There's also other info that cannot be shared to support the legitimacy of the 2018 Bullitt. Time will tell.
It wasn't a personal attack, more of a friendly jab... Nonetheless, if it turns out to be legit, that'd be sweet.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
A 49th anniversary Bullitt makes no sense. Ford will wait one more year to release a 50th anniversary 2019 model, I would not believe any rumors of a 2018 Bullitt.
Ford released the last Bullitt in the fall of 2007 and it was a 2008 model year car for the 40th anniversary.

2019 model year is the 50th anniversary of the Mach 1 anyway.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
BULLITT?

Eleanor tribute car should be next. Halicki. The real one. It can have a from-the-factory yellow vinyl wrap making it look all smashed up.

Honestly doubt there would be enough interest/support for Ford to manufacture a tribute car to the yellow Mach 1 Eleanor vs the more well-known gray GT500 Eleanor.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Ford released the last Bullitt in the fall of 2007 and it was a 2008 model year car for the 40th anniversary.

2019 model year is the 50th anniversary of the Mach 1 anyway.
Hmm, good point. And looking at the announcement and release of that Bullitt, it could line up with the potential timing of this one. Alright, I now give this a 46.8% probability of being real.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
BULLITT?

I know right. Mustang? Been done for what 50 years? Time to scrap it

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It wasn't a personal attack, more of a friendly jab... Nonetheless, if it turns out to be legit, that'd be sweet.
Oh, a "friendly jab." In that case... :rolleyes:

Let me clear something up for a few individuals claiming this is a "fraud" or we made this up for clicks (like the countless other S550 news we've broken I assume).

We were contacted by Jalopnik and told that Ford responded to the window sticker saying and I quote, "the company did not create the sticker." Jalopnik used this statement and concluded it must be a fake. Notice Ford's statement does not say that the sticker and/or the information is false or that it doesn't originate from their own systems.

Given what I know about the origins of this, I'll stand by it until we are proven wrong.

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Matt Maran also sounded pretty convinced about the upcoming Bullitt when he talked about it, basically to the effect of there's insider information going around that the Bullitt is real. No one is allowed to say anything, of course.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ford should give Bullitt a HP bump to make it more exciting, like maybe add PP3. In any case, it should look good.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Oh how I want this to be true.. but several sites, not just Jalopnik are reporting its a fake. I'm still very hopeful though so I am sure we will know something more concrete in a few weeks.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
Ford and other manufacturers are notorious for leaks. That's how they keep the buzz going and build all kinds of anticipation prior to an official launch. Sure, they'll deny they did anything, but leaks are all part of the process. Advertising 101.

Same thing with the PP2. Photos leaked of what appears to be a PP2 mustang are already buzzing around, other ads with easter eggs to keep people guessing, the "accidental" background of the Rock video, and even now on the build site, when you click on the wheel image for an Eco-boost wheel option, it shows a mustang with the PP2 wheel. Come on, there aren't any accidents in these ginormous corporations that have entire divisions responsible for anti-corporate espionage.

My guess this window sticker is the same thing and the price probably isn't too far off given that a normal, run of the mill Mustang can quickly approach $50+ and by all accounts, the Bullitt will be a limited production model. Guarantee there will be dealer mark-ups well beyond the MSRP. Don't even get me started about the potential Mach 1...

My thoughts are that the Bullitt will be a very limited production model for 2018 only and then the Mach 1 for 2019 only. Both to celebrate the anniversaries of those two cars. The grand finale will be the Shelby GT500. After that, a completely new Mustang platform.

Car companies need to keep the buzz going and project sales and ways to keep things fresh and $$$$$ coming in for years out.

Anyone from Ford reading, I figured it out didn't I? ;-) If you're hiring, PM me, I love cars and would be happy to work with cars for the rest of my life.

Military officer, 22+years, degree in IT, PMP certified, and an engineer (naval, mechanical, etc.)... :-D
Sponsored

Last edited: