Sponsored

Memo: 2018 GT350 Production Timing, Volumes and Allocations

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So what's the production line doing when not building the gt350's? Any chance of building an export version of the gt350???!!;)
Building Lincoln Continentals as well.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That's all correct. However unless it is a true allocation, it will never get built. Anybody can order one and that's why I was offering to help 96Cobra determine if it is a bona fide allocation. I remember a little while back Enzo101 scored an R at 5k ADM. IIRC, the order was placed and a bunch of people urged him to get confirmation from the ford rep that the order was allocated. It wound up not being a ford sanctioned allocation and it saved a huge disappoint down the road from finding out early on.

All this probably doesn't matter at this point if it's real or not, because now that the gennie is out of the bottle, it would probably be too late to find another in that price range.

Anyway, best of luck with the allocation Eric. You are probably going to be just fine!
Absolutely appreciate our help Tom! You've been great with helping! I also had another forum member reach out and get me a deal ($4K over) but the distance to the dealership was across the country.. so a few deals still do exist. Perhaps they are dried up now? The market on these cars has been up/down, and while it may be on a upswing now, who knows when we'll see it come back down. That's how I see it. But I'm completely happy to pay my agreed price no matter what it is when it hits the dealer. Done and done. Now that I have my deal, I'm sticking to thinking/arguing that R's are now worth $30K over. ;)

After pounding the pavement for almost a year, calling 50-60 dealerships, stopping in at least a dozen, having 2 deals fall through, I won't be revealing who I'm buying from until the car is in my hands. Not even my best friend knows. It's in the southeast United States, I will say that. :D Is there a list of Ford Reps in SC, GA, and FL?

I was firm on seeing the documentation from ford on the confirmation, and they provided it. This is a fantastic dealership with a great vibe and outstanding staff also. Best feeling I've gotten from a Ford dealer in a long time. If there is a list of reps that I can call to confirm it, that would be awesome. I would be devastated if this deal fell through though and trying to avoid any/all possibilities.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Absolutely appreciate our help Tom! You've been great with helping! I also had another forum member reach out and get me a deal ($4K over) but the distance to the dealership was across the country.. so a few deals still do exist. Perhaps they are dried up now? The market on these cars has been up/down, and while it may be on a upswing now, who knows when we'll see it come back down. That's how I see it. But I'm completely happy to pay my agreed price no matter what it is when it hits the dealer. Done and done. Now that I have my deal, I'm sticking to thinking/arguing that R's are now worth $30K over. ;)

After pounding the pavement for almost a year, calling 50-60 dealerships, stopping in at least a dozen, having 2 deals fall through, I won't be revealing who I'm buying from until the car is in my hands. Not even my best friend knows. It's in the southeast United States, I will say that. :D Is there a list of Ford Reps in SC, GA, and FL?

I was firm on seeing the documentation from ford on the confirmation, and they provided it. This is a fantastic dealership with a great vibe and outstanding staff also. Best feeling I've gotten from a Ford dealer in a long time. If there is a list of reps that I can call to confirm it, that would be awesome. I would be devastated if this deal fell through though and trying to avoid any/all possibilities.
If the dealership is in our neck of the woods, I can help. If not, then I can't. Simply find out the name of the dealers rep and let me know If the name matches my contact, I will provide you with contact information. However, if they showed you proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the allocation is real (ie- correspondence from the rep), then just put it on cruise control and enjoy the wait.

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
What's crazy is the GT350R is just a tad rarer than a 5th gen 1LE...

That really shows just how popular the car is.

I wonder how long it will take for the ADMs still left to go away once they are sitting. When a friend of mine was shopping for a Boss 302 he just waiting, got one in 2014 just below MSRP. And there is alot more GT350's than Boss 302's
Which is weird because I've seen way more Boss 302's than GT350's. I've only ever seen 3 in 3 years lol.

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
with all the hype i think a lot more of the 350s are sitting in garages wrapped in plastic

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
with all the hype i think a lot more of the 350s are sitting in garages wrapped in plastic
Actually, one is in a garage being wrapped in plastic right now..... it's called Xpel.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Less than 2K R's total production then? Pretty cool. I bet the dealers that will get an R allocation now will be more willing to hold to a higher ADM.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I called a short production run in another thread, though I will admit the gap in the middle is confusing. Was thinking production for them would end in about March not start back up lol.
I'm curious if they also will not build any Performance Pack GTs during this time because they have the PS4S. It seems like the build schedule is based on the fact these cars have summer tires and not wanting them to be in the extreme cold for an extended period.
Many were wondering how they would handle the PP2 vs GT350 issue and now we know.
If PP2 includes track grade diff and trans coolers and gets us a 1LE competitor, then it would only be "fair" to have an extended GT350 shutdown window during PP2 release to give track crowd a chance to digest and decide GT350 or PP2.

Otherwise, you risk GT350 buyers and dealers w inventory crying foul.

Sponsored

El_Jefe_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Isn't the Voodoo getting an update for the MY 19-20? could be the reason its a short production year.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Anything could happen.
I could see them yanking 50 more HP out of it and making the 350 for 2 more years.
I could also see ford using a 5.2 CPC engine in the GT500.
Who knows, maybe one of those camoed cars is a 350.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Anything could happen.
I could see them yanking 50 more HP out of it and making the 350 for 2 more years.
I could also see ford using a 5.2 CPC engine in the GT500.
Who knows, maybe one of those camoed cars is a 350.

Annnnd, the prices of 2018 R's are now back to normal. :lol:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Isn't the Voodoo getting an update for the MY 19-20? could be the reason its a short production year.

States 5.2l upgrades on the contract itself. It does not specify voodoo nor fpc. The next performance car will use the block and heads but will NOT use the fpc and you can take that to the bank.
Screenshot_2017-08-11-07-20-13-1.png
Sponsored