OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Looks like this when complete. Only challenge was drilling the 3 holes in that hard steel bumper beam. I didn't weigh it, but that is some heavy, tough material.
Tow hook with light.JPG
Sponsored

Dtmaso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1965 Cobra 427S/C; Jeep Commander
Looks like this when complete. Only challenge was drilling the 3 holes in that hard steel bumper beam. I didn't weigh it, but that is some heavy, tough material.
Loss of the backup light is a concern of mine, so your work-around looks reasonable. Is the amount of light produced by this light comparable to the stock backup light? How about posting a night shot!?

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm traveling on business this week. Will try when I get home.

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay in posting these pictures.
First is daylight, second is night without the backup light on, third pix is night with the new backup light on. Works fine.
B8F6CC06-BB67-43C4-9A52-9BA6C7265067.jpeg
F41EB3D4-E236-4731-B33C-A9A9D37736C8.jpeg
D12C162D-E90E-4CAA-8407-3A2DF530C92C.jpeg

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Did you guys use a drill press to do the holes in the beam? Directions suggest it but I'm trying to find a work around....Also do you have any tips not mentioned in the instructions? Hoping this won't take me an entire weekend....Any direction/feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I just installed the front hook and used a regular drill. It took forever and I recommend you just get the Blowfish hook that wraps around the bumper and be happy. It’s not easy to center the hook perfectly, either. Really did not have fun with the process.

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys use a drill press to do the holes in the beam? Directions suggest it but I'm trying to find a work around....Also do you have any tips not mentioned in the instructions? Hoping this won't take me an entire weekend....Any direction/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I bought a new drill bit just to make it though that tough rear bumper beam. I suppose a drill press might have been easier to drill clean through. But I just used a normal, hand drill and it worked fine.

The instructions are good. As I recall, they don’t mention two push pins that go from the bumper cover to that long narrow bracket that the belly tray bolts to at the back (one on each side). Other than that, pretty simple to install.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Wanted to share my experience with the front tow hook. The front facia came off easy & was thinking this will go pretty well. Then as they say the wheels fell off!LOL Of course following the instructions next was the air deflector, needed modified. So removed, once out let's say it resembled a wet noodle. Prepping it for drilling & moving it around the top thin plastic brace snapped on the bottom side. Was frustrated at this point to say the least.
IMG_0307.jpg

Came up with the idea of trying to salvage the deflector. Sure didn't want to find out how much $$$ a replacement would be. Proceeded to cut out the brace with utility knife.
IMG_0310.jpg

Took some measurements & found some left over stainless steel pieces from a ss hog feeder repair here on the farm. Most likely the only GT350 in existence repaired with a hog feeder!LOL

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg
IMG_0305.jpg
IMG_0317.jpg

Made a trip over to the farm shop & set up the welder for stainless. Didn't turn out to bad. Started the process of getting it back together. Decided to use ss 1/4" bolts instead of the push pin fasteners for the air deflector & it was a 100% improvement. Rock solid!

IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg

During the tear down found that the cold air inlet was not seated correctly from the factory. Easy fix just make sure when they go back together all edges are seated. Also found there was not a fastener for the oil lines on the frame next to the cooler. Took car of that too.

IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0330.jpg

Another bolt used for the air deflector, NAPA (Belkamp) fastener & tools needed for the cut out on the grill. Make sure you cover the front facia with cardboard to protect paint & stripes!

IMG_0331.jpg

That's it for now.

Also while at it I tapped the forward control arm. Wheels off & plenty of room.
IMG_0286.jpg

Last edited: