Sponsored

Beith Performance Parts Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Review

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Looks like my custom Beith wheel is complete and ready to ship. Looking forward to receiving it. Thanks Tim!
wheel1.JPG

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to concur regarding the quality, but I haven't got my hands on it yet. It was shipped Thursday via what appears to be the Pony Express. It's currently near Harrisburg Pa., about 3 hours away. Maybe I'll receive it today?

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
If i ever get a steering wheel its gonna be beith performance for sure. Their steering wheels make the competition look anemic.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Our cars obviously don't have any exposed CF anywhere. How does the wheel fit in as a stand alone. I'm struggling a bit with this...

On another note... I was in my 2017 Raptor yesterday and noticing how much nicer the interior is than the Shelbly, including the steering wheel! Option for option, they are similarly priced..
Couple thoughts from my side. I agree on your top point about not having any carbon on the inside of the car. I struggled with this as well, while they do make some carbon kits for the inside of the car i felt they all look too aftermarket, and not the OEM look i was going for. I was looking for some subtle touches. One of the things i am considering is Carbon fiber inserts for the Recaro's, they go in near the head rest where the opening for the 5pt belts are. They would be more subtle and help tie things together. From there i was planning on doing a couple carbon accents externally. The mirror caps and a couple other low profile items.

As for your second point on the steering wheel. It wouldn't surprise me. The stock wheel on the shelby isn't bad but its nothing to write home about either. That being said the big difference between these two vehicles is the level of investment in the drivetrain of one vs the other. At the end of the day i'm happy they spent the money where they did on the shelby. Engine and Tranny are great.
I've been wondering how the Beith carbon wheel would look with the Trufiber carbon dash, assuming Beith could get the weave and finish to match.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I've been wondering how the Beith carbon wheel would look with the Trufiber carbon dash, assuming Beith could get the weave and finish to match.
You seen anyone with that dash in a GT350?

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The steering wheel the GT350 should have come with from the factory!

Finally received my Beith custom leather steering wheel. It arrived 6 weeks and a day after I ordered it. Should have been here sooner, but was shipped using FedEx ground. It came well packaged.

It is very well made, with high quality leather - much better that the leather at the bottom of the OEM wheel, and it has a nice leather smell to it. The stitching is great and doesn't cut into your hands, like some other wheels I've experienced (a 199X BMW M Roadster). However, this is based on me just holding it - I haven't driven with it yet.

It's got just the right amount of beef to it - I think it looks beefier in pictures than it really is. It's a bit spongier than I was hoping (not too bad), but I'm used to, and prefer German car leather wrapped steering wheels which are quite firm.

It was straight forward to install - the CJPonyParts videos (there are a couple) are great, but they don't all mention that you should disconnect the negative battery terminal first, prior to starting the install.

I kept the OEM wheel so the bill came to $595 + $95core = $690

Just like the MGW shifter, this item is my direct connection to the car all the time. If you are not pleased with the OEM wheel (I wasn't - it felt cheap to me and I didn't like the alcantera), here's an option for you, plus, you can customize it anyway you want. Notice, mine doesn't have a center stripe (the GT350 is not a rally car).

Cheers!
IMG_4334.jpg
IMG_4339.jpg
IMG_4342.jpg

Sponsored

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
[MENTION=22916]Zombo[/MENTION]

Appreciate the detailed review! We have been insanely busy with orders, not just with Mustangs, but with a wide variety of popular performance cars, so some orders are taking the top end of my 4-6 week ETA quoted time frame. Your patience was sincerely appreciated, I hope you have no regrets now that the new wheel has pride of place in your Shelby.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It looks like great quality and I agree with a few others that it is one of the few things that I miss from my M3/4. Looks like a nice winter protect!

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I want to thank [MENTION=22907]dron_jones[/MENTION] - If dron_jones didn't do the initial review, I wouldn't have even known this was an option!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I want to thank [MENTION=22907]dron_jones[/MENTION] - If dron_jones didn't do the initial review, I wouldn't have even known this was an option!

+1 I saw it via his thread as well.
Sponsored