1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
These cars hitting high 40s is crazy. I hope the new GT500 comes here soon, I will probably get a DD GT500 if they are in the low 40s. lol
Sponsored

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Since my '15 has been totaled. I put a deposit down on an '18 GTPP and is #1 in the order line.

After reading up on the '14 GT500 the last few days and seeing a ton of low mileage, un-molested cars from 2500 miles and below, I've decided a '14 GT500 will be replacing my '15 GTPP.

I will be on the prowl for my car over the next 2-3 months. Cannot wait to get one of these in my garage. The amount of engineering that went into these cars is mind blowing. I'll do a few suspension upgrades and potential brake changes based on the feedback I've read online. I will have to order me up a set of some CCW hybrid 2 piece wheels, too. A pulley change, CAI, mono blade TB and Rob Shoemaker tune will complete my upgrades.

Thanks for sharing all those videos, 5.0 435!!
Oh hell yes. Can't wait to see what magic you work on one of these. :D

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I went with the S550 because I think it looks much better. The GT500's power is too almost too much to pass up. But you could always just get a base model S550 GT and then throw a blower on it and you'll have more power than the Shelby, the styling of the S550, and you'll have a brand new car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Keep in mind, a hopped up (or even stock, if you're talking later) GT500 isn't going to hook well on the street unless you budget for a continual supply of sticky new tires. That said, based on my experience, a tuned and well-driven '15 GT would give most GT500s fits between stoplights.

The only reason I'd really own another is if I were wanting to build a strip car. Or just to brag. But been there done that.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
GT500

I am helping a client w/2009 GT500 obtain "grip" and he is still spinning on M/T drags. We did BMR lca's & panhard but I want him to install Viking rear shocks. Well now he's thinking about the Demon after a Cobra Jet throttle body w/JLT and American Racing headers off-road into 3" BMRP exhaust. HP is addictive. He has 600 rwhp now.
tn_DSCN1307.JPG
tn_DSCN1299.JPG

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I found the Michelin super sport pilot size 295 rear with the Ferrari size would launch the car hard in second gear. The current goodyears that came with the car with only 3000 miles were just dangerous as hell in second and even third. FYI
The car is a blast on cutting curves with the SVT performance pack + the track pack with all the coolers. 2014 almost two years old and $45 OTD.
This is coming from a guy who owned a 16 GT350 track pack. Got my original msrp back on trade 9 months ago. Could not do that today. When and if they bring a new GT500 to market I'll just enjoy the 14 GT500. If this thing were any faster were and the hell could I use it. It's almost impossible to use its full potential on the public roads today.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Welp....pulled the trigger on my replacement car. It's got 3k miles on it from a single owner just outside of Dallas. He is 60ish, too. Bone stock car except for the new True Forged 2 piece wheels and MPSS tires. Factory PP wheels come with it, too.

Has every option but glass roof. This includes SVTPP, SVT track pack, NAV, Shake 1000 with sub in trunk, leather Recaro seats, etc. Car has only been driven on sunny days over its 3.5 year life.

I will get the car shipped in an enclosed trailer. Should arrive in the next 10 days.

I am beyond stoked to find this car with 3k miles on it. Single owner was very important, too.
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1855.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1856.JPG
IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1853.JPG
IMG_1854.JPG

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Welp....pulled the trigger on my replacement car. It's got 3k miles on it from a single owner just outside of Dallas. He is 60ish, too. Bone stock car except for the new True Forged 2 piece wheels and MPSS tires. Factory PP wheels come with it, too.

Has every option but glass roof. This includes SVTPP, SVT track pack, NAV, Shake 1000 with sub in trunk, leather Recaro seats, etc. Car has only been driven on sunny days over its 3.5 year life.

I will get the car shipped in an enclosed trailer. Should arrive in the next 10 days.

I am beyond stoked to find this car with 3k miles on it. Single owner was very important, too.
Beautiful looking car. :love:I always liked the look of the 13,14 Mustang. Don't get in to much trouble with it.:D:thumbsup:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations, the blue looks great!

Not a fan of those wheels, but something tells me you'll do it right. Your S550 was gorgeous.
Thanks! I'll make my final decision on them when the car is delivered. I actually like them in the pictures. I found a few other GT500s that have them and the look badass. Only difference is, their cars are lowered where mine is still stock ride height.
Beautiful looking car. :love:I always liked the look of the 13,14 Mustang. Don't get in to much trouble with it.:D:thumbsup:
Thank you my enemy :D. J/K

I'm excited for it to get delivered, so I can take it on a short test drive through the neighborhood. Hope you're enjoying you new Corvette, too:cheers:

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Beautiful car .....you got the options that really make this car great. I bet the MSRP is over $66K. That's why I waited 2 years to get one also. You will love those seats. The stock exhaust I think sounds just right. You are lucky the guy put those MSSP tires on. That's $1350 right there if you can find them. That's a nice tint on the Windows also. Post some more pictures when you get her.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful car .....you got the options that really make this car great. I bet the MSRP is over $66K. That's why I waited 2 years to get one also. You will love those seats. The stock exhaust I think sounds just right. You are lucky the guy put those MSSP tires on. That's $1350 right there if you can find them. That's a nice tint on the Windows also. Post some more pictures when you get her.
Thanks. I think the MSRP was about 68k or so.

I am very happy I found this with the options and those True Forged wheels with MPSS rubber. That's one last thing I have to buy after taking ownership. I am beyond happy and cannot wait for it to be delivered.

What are the good forums to view regarding the GT500? I SVTP.com, fordgt500.com, team Shelby. Any others?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks! I'll make my final decision on them when the car is delivered. I actually like them in the pictures. I found a few other GT500s that have them and the look badass. Only difference is, their cars are lowered where mine is still stock ride height.
I bet that's it. It's playing tricks on me!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Congrats Todd!!! That is a beautiful looking car. I have been looking at super low mileage '13/'14 GT500 cars myself lately! A step up in my opinion.
So to answer the thread question,.....GT500 over the S550 all day long. :thumbsup:
Sponsored