OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Hi Relak - thanks for your write up. I'm in the process of upgrading my system - I've replaced the front speakers and will get the rears replaced tomorrow. Based on your feedback, it seems like I should buy an LC7i and an aftermarket amp and then tell the tech to install the LC7i after the factory amp, then wire it into the after market amp (head unit -> factory amp -> LC7i -> aftermarket amp).

Does that sound right? Sorry this is all foreign to me so I'm trying to figure out what direction to give the install tech so that the system doesn't mess up any of the steering wheel controls or add additional ANC crap.
Pretty much. The only thing that's different is that you won't be wiring it back "into the factory amp". The signal for all 9 speakers is distributed after the amp so you're making the connecting as the speaker wires come out of the factory amp. so the factory speakers connection will break after the factory amp, be run to the LC7i and then aftermarket amp, and then reconnected to the other broken side of the factory speakers to provide signal to them. Hopefully that makes sense.

Any good audio tech should understand what you want if you're telling them it should be made after the factory amp.
Sponsored

woofer196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Pretty much. The only thing that's different is that you won't be wiring it back "into the factory amp". The signal for all 9 speakers is distributed after the amp so you're making the connecting as the speaker wires come out of the factory amp. so the factory speakers connection will break after the factory amp, be run to the LC7i and then aftermarket amp, and then reconnected to the other broken side of the factory speakers to provide signal to them. Hopefully that makes sense.

Any good audio tech should understand what you want if you're telling them it should be made after the factory amp.
Thanks Relak! Just so I understand and can convey to the tech, the factory amp controls the automatic noise cancellation and steering wheel controls, right? Is there anything else?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So did you use the cross over that came with the speakers?

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So did you use the cross over that came with the speakers?
Yes, the crossovers are necessary to get the component speakers performing at their optimal frequency. They're kind of big for crossovers but managed to get them tucked up under the interior plastic panel where the factory amp is.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Also, for the rear deck 2 way speakers did you also use amp?

Sponsored

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
I did something similar to my 2018 Shelby.
JL Audio 3 way up front (6.5”, 4” & Tweeters all in the factory location.
JL Audio 6.5” & Tweeter on rear deck.
JL Stealthbox 12” sub
LC7
JL HD 600/4 amp for all speakers
JL 300/1 for the sub.
I made a tray to mount all the gear inside the spare tire place.
Someone on this thread said they could not find a mid range to fit the 3.5” on the front doors. The JL 4” mids from the components sets fits. And sound excellent.
I already had all the equipment from my previous car. I just bought the stealth box for the Mustang. I spent total $975 including labor and the Stealth box.
7161AEEC-3EF1-40C8-ADA7-F931EE9C62CE.jpeg
325EBACA-FB23-4B44-8DCC-B5FCA55C289B.jpeg
2A021BAB-8B55-441C-9C1C-9247058D0AE4.jpeg

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Nice thread. I just finished doing all Infinity Ref speakers, but I used the stock amp. I have a Alpine mono on my Kicker comp sub, I had a custom box built to mimic the Shaker position so it works out nice. I have to say it's a huge difference with this setup, even on the stock amp. Its a much more fuller sound than what it was with the stock speakers.

I did not take a ton of pics, but my tweeters look the same as the OP in it's position. Also for the doors, I end up using the stock brackets, (got creative) and for the rear I used the adapters that came with the speakers.

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did something similar to my 2018 Shelby.
JL Audio 3 way up front (6.5”, 4” & Tweeters all in the factory location.
JL Audio 6.5” & Tweeter on rear deck.
JL Stealthbox 12” sub
LC7
JL HD 600/4 amp for all speakers
JL 300/1 for the sub.
I made a tray to mount all the gear inside the spare tire place.
Someone on this thread said they could not find a mid range to fit the 3.5” on the front doors. The JL 4” mids from the components sets fits. And sound excellent.
I already had all the equipment from my previous car. I just bought the stealth box for the Mustang. I spent total $975 including labor and the Stealth box.
7161AEEC-3EF1-40C8-ADA7-F931EE9C62CE.jpeg
325EBACA-FB23-4B44-8DCC-B5FCA55C289B.jpeg
2A021BAB-8B55-441C-9C1C-9247058D0AE4.jpeg
That looks pretty clean. I'm in the same boat now with having parts from a previous car. The first Shelby is toast so they're transferring over all the components next week. I'm going with a bigger 4 channel amp since the last one wasn't pushing the Morels very hard. With the near amp and Morel coaxials in the rear, I'm hopeful it will be perfect once finished.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
I’ll be doing this at some point.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
Does the fake engine sound comes on all speakers? Or just the rears?
I have a 600x4 amp and even with the gain turned down the piped in sound is still loud.
Does any one in Socal have the equipment/ obd reader that has done to their GT350 and willing to help me get rid of this sound? I can come to your place or meet somewhere.
Thanks

The noise was noticeable, but if I turned down the gain a bit it went away. This is why I'm going with a larger 4channel amp with a higher wrms rating

OP
OP
Relak

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the fake engine sound comes on all speakers? Or just the rears?
I have a 600x4 amp and even with the gain turned down the piped in sound is still loud.
Does any one in Socal have the equipment/ obd reader that has done to their GT350 and willing to help me get rid of this sound? I can come to your place or meet somewhere.
Thanks
Tbh on my first 350 it was noticeable through all speakers, sans subwooofer. On this new one I'm only noticing it through the front right speakers and it's barely audible with the factory setup. I did have the dealer run down some static feedback when I got the new 350 and they attributed it to a bad ACM, which they replaced. Now I notice only a slight feedback noise from the front speakers and am hopeful it won't be as amplified when I install the aftermarket setup next week.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Now I notice only a slight feedback noise from the front speakers and am hopeful it won't be as amplified when I install the aftermarket setup next week.
If you have issues after the install, there’s a post by @Spart in the Forscan sticky to turn the ESE/ANC off. I have it linked in the thread below my pic.

MisterScott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT350R
I am looking to doing a full sound system short of the head unit for the obvious reasons. This is a very useful thread. I am more about sound quality than volume. I am in Denver and would very much like to find the high end shop in the Denver area, if anyone has any recommendations.

On a separate note, I don't know why US manufacturers, save Lincoln and Caddy, can't offer a true premium sound system as an option. The high end systems I have heard in Volvo, Lexus and BMW are very, very nice.
Sponsored