Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I guess I was so wrapped up in ordering it that I didn't look for the directions tab! Looks very straight forward and easy.
Happy to help ... we should have replacement assemblies this week ... stay tuned!

Best Regards,

TJ

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
There's a centering rod on mine that broke off when the assembly popped out. The Steeda spring does have some side to side flex but judging from the length of the rod (only an inch and 5/8) it doesn't seem to have any purpose with the Steeda spring installed. Any reason to replace the bottom plastic piece because the rod snapped off?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There's a centering rod on mine that broke off when the assembly popped out. The Steeda spring does have some side to side flex but judging from the length of the rod (only an inch and 5/8) it doesn't seem to have any purpose with the Steeda spring installed. Any reason to replace the bottom plastic piece because the rod snapped off?
If it is working & you are comfortable with it ... then it may work for some time.

If you are looking to purchase the assembly & ensure it doesn't have further issues down the road ... then you can by this separate of the springs:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-clutch-assist-spring-perch-upgrade-kit-555-7024/

Best Regards,
TJ

Sponsored

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I recently installed the Steeda spring and like it. That said I've got some pedal play that I didn't have before. Anyone else experiencing that?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I recently installed the Steeda spring and like it. That said I've got some pedal play that I didn't have before. Anyone else experiencing that?
I'm guessing you had it before and didn't notice it, assuming you removed and installed the Steeda spring correctly. The spring won't affect pedal play at all.
I've got no pedal play at all with no spring on either of my 2

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I'm guessing you had it before and didn't notice it, assuming you removed and installed the Steeda spring correctly. The spring won't affect pedal play at all.
I've got no pedal play at all with no spring on either of my 2
How many miles on them like that? I've been seeing people having issues later down the road without a spring. I wouldn't have thrown the steeda one away. Maybe gift it. Ps love my steeda spring. Would never go back to stock.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
How many miles on them like that? I've been seeing people having issues later down the road without a spring. I wouldn't have thrown the steeda one away. Maybe gift it. Ps love my steeda spring. Would never go back to stock.
About 12k on my 15 GT/PP witch is putting out just over 600rwhp
My 16 GT 350 only has 3500 on it right now

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
In just my opinion, I think the ones you hear are having issues, again just my opinion.
These Mustangs are probably 80/90% manuals and I see a lot of first time ever driving one to haven't driven a manual transmission in years. I seen in one post a guy " 1st time manual driver burned his clutch up trying to get lined up for a car wash conveyor. I think some are burning their own clutch up spring or no spring. Trust me I've driven my 15 GT/PP pretty hard. I've practice launching with that much HP on the car to use of line lock you name it. I'm not trying to burn my clutch, but wouldn't have disappointed if I did so I could upgrade and so far to date it's still perfect.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There should be no additional play with the Steeda springs, like the aforementioned, it may have been there previously but it wasn't as noticeable.

Best Regards,

TJ

dope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If anyone has a Steeda Clutch Spring Assist that they do not want, please PM me. I'd love to have it! Thanks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We can always get you a new one :)

TJ

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
Just installed this easy mod this afternoon. In the garage engine off it feels better. Will drive the car for first time tomorrow and will really see the difference then! Now I'm thinking about the MGW shifter mod!! Damn forums! Always creating a new need!

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
First drive with Steeda spring... I was expecting a bigger difference. It feels a bit "stiffer" and linear. All in all for the price it's a good upgrade.
Sponsored