Sponsored

To those with painted calipers...

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Pouring rain outside, but I snapped these 2 for ya. :D

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this was the Shelby corner, I hope you don't mind me stepping in. :)
copper1.jpg
copper2.jpg

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Cool, looks great....thanks!

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
BTW, the VHT paint has 6K miles on it. So far they somehow stay clean on their own really. The VHT is I think a complete equal to the G2 paint. Only difference is having to spray, which may be good or bad, dunno. I bought 4 large pieces of thin plastic at walmart, and spent a long time taping stuff off.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone with triple yellow painted theirs TY?

Was at Chevy dealership yesterday getting company truck worked on so I went and checked out some vets, they had a zo6 with yellow calipers...got me thinking about painting mine.

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
done 3 cars with G2 stuff is awesome...just did my shelby a few weeks ago....the brembo stickers are the way to go i get mine off amazon and they matched exactly the 6' for the front 4' for the rears! take your time mask everything off..i used 2 kits for my shelby one kit would prob be enough for a GT

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
done 3 cars with G2 stuff is awesome...just did my shelby a few weeks ago....the brembo stickers are the way to go i get mine off amazon and they matched exactly the 6' for the front 4' for the rears! take your time mask everything off..i used 2 kits for my shelby one kit would prob be enough for a GT
Which color did you go with?

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
Used red all 3 times looks glossy and clean never used a clear over it

arodr260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Any of you tried powder coating? its a bigger pita but I think the result is better. I did it on my old gt, have to take them off of course, sand them down and then powder coat them, then of course bleed lines when you reinstall. Came out pretty nice, ill try to find a pic.

Sponsored

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Any of you tried powder coating? its a bigger pita but I think the result is better. I did it on my old gt, have to take them off of course, sand them down and then powder coat them, then of course bleed lines when you reinstall. Came out pretty nice, ill try to find a pic.
Had mine powdered coated locally and glad I did it.
Wasn't cheap but they turned out way better than G2 paint.
G2 worked fine on the rears as they are smaller and textured.
The Brembos had brush marks but wasn't too noticeable until you got close. Even used a quality brush, not the garbage that came with the kit.
They are done in ink black.
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Several HPDE events on my DIB painted calipers (epoxy primed, base and clear)and they are holding up great. I do use titanium heat shields but mostly to protect the piston seals. I run race pads so they get quite hot so much so I have seen the rotors blue.

Newly painted:

Current:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Several HPDE events on my DIB painted calipers (epoxy primed, base and clear)and they are holding up great. I do use titanium heat shields but mostly to protect the piston seals. I run race pads so they get quite hot so much so I have seen the rotors blue.

Newly painted:

Current:

That is absolutely gorgeous. How much did that run you?

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
That is absolutely gorgeous. How much did that run you?
Thanks. As I recall $400. I also bought a set of takeoff calipers so the car didn't have to sit for a week while being painted. Swapping them out quickly makes bleeding the system pretty simple as well. I considered powder coating but they would not match the exact color and they have to be completely disassembled/reassembled since of course the seals won't do well in the baking process.
Sponsored