ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Look at the Boss bars on their site. This isn't new hat for them.
I had another buddy message me the same thing. I wasn't aware of the company at before seeing this post. My first impression was a little squeed.. I apologize for calling them out on it. :cheers:
Sponsored

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
would like to understand what height driver / seat setup you think the harness bar is optimally set for, as 'optimal' harness bar height is only relative to where your shoulders actually are.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Interested ...

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Their S197 bar is $1600...cant imagine this being drastically different in price.

Damn seems pricey, didn't even pay that for a T-top on a 24ft boat with a lot more work and material.

Is that what they sell for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
Guys, thanks for all the comments and feedback. I'm glad in a way that the weld quality topic came up because the weld quality is one of the ways that we've differentiated ourselves in the S197 bars that we make and you should fully expect the same quality in these S550 bar kits. I have an S197 bar kit in the shop - consider it is just one bar at random and NOT a set-up and I'll snap and post some pics of those welds so you can see the quality. Give me a couple of hours and I'll get it done this evening.

I want to respect the mods here on this forum and be good corporate (forum!)citizens, and they've asked that we not discuss pricing and commercial terms in these general forums. Rather we will do that in our Vendor section just as soon as we have pricing finalized from our suppliers. Others have commented on our S197 bar price so you have a ballpark but we are trying to bring this in at a lower price point. We will not be the pricing leader, but hope we can excel on the other attributes of our solution... just as we did with the S197 kit. We would encourage you to reference any owner of that kit. More soon.....

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
I chose a production bar for the S197 kit to show you an example of the TIG weld quality of our production bars.

Finally, someone asked about the harness bar and the diagonal being off-plane - which is much harder to fabricate but worthwhile to get adequate seat room for taller drivers. Here's a couple of pics of the connector (from a production S197 bar kit) because it was not present on the production prototype in our Post #1.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
These welds look MUCH better!

Sponsored

Khyron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
This is looking great! Can we see some pics of the mounting points both in the trunk and behind the front seats?

Pootie_Stang

Wah Dah Ta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP Base
are these safe for a DD? I know cages aren't bc you can bash your forehead on them, but I don't know about just roll bars

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
would like to understand what height driver / seat setup you think the harness bar is optimally set for, as 'optimal' harness bar height is only relative to where your shoulders actually are.
First, apologies that I initially missed this question. The harness bar height that we chose is such that when the seat is in its furthermost "down" position, the harness bar is in horizontal alignment with the shoulder strap openings in the OEM Recaro seat. We believe that many drivers will utilize the seat in this "furthest down" position - especially when wearing a helmet. The safety guidelines of both manufactures (Schroth, etc. and road racing governing bodies) is that the shoulder harness strap should be ideally horizontal, but alternatively at an downward angle of no more than 20-degrees. Even when shorter drivers pump the seat "up", it would be difficult to exceed this guideline. Roll bar manufactures sometimes place these harness bars too low becomes it becomes more difficult to manufacture when this bar intersects the main hoop at an angle. Notice, for example in the pics of our S197 bar, the harness bar angles up from the main hoop attachment in order that we can remain in compliance (as much as possible) for the should harness placement criteria. Harder to manufacturer, but better/safer for the end consumer.
Sponsored