GT350R/GT350/GT Roll Bar Kit by Cool Tech

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
We took delivery of a Mustang GT last November with the specific intent of developing the market’s best roll bar kit. Well, after a year of elapsed time and a lot of hard work and a few design iterations, we have what we believe will be the best roll bar option for those of you who may choose to occasionally track your car. The kit is completely bolt-in but can optionally be welded in for those persons who may elect to do this. I’ve included several pictures of the final product. One of our key design criteria was to build a bar specifically for the GT350R (rear seat delete), but at the same time we wanted a design that would work equally well in the GT350 and the GT with the rear seats in place. Mind you, we’d never like to see rear seat passengers in a roll-bar equipped car (exceptionally dangerous), but our kit will install and function with the rear seats in place (as shown).

The integrated harness bar is kicked back almost 6” to maintain full seat travel and has been placed at the perfect height for optimum shoulder harness placement. The bar kit will come completely powder coated and will be available in a variety of popular colors including Ford Race Red (shown), Metallic Gun Metal Charcoal Gray, Satin Black, Competition Orange, and White.

The main hoop bolts to our proprietary 3/16” steel platforms which are bolt-in but which can optionally be welded. (By default these base plates will be shipped with crinkle black powder coating – but can be ordered in bare steel if desired.)

Well, maybe pictures are worth a thousand words…

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That looks great!!! I'm sure you'll have no problem selling these, as hopefully plenty of GT350's will see plenty of track time.

If I had an S550, one of my first mods would be a harness bar and harnesses, if I end up up purchasing an S550 in the future I'll be sure to keep this kit in mind.

y5e06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT
joints in the rear down tubes, and the cross bar and main diagonal don't intersect or in the same plane.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Consider one sold to me for my R...DONE !!! I love it. Can I ask if you lose the ability to slightly recline the passenger seat...The driver seat looks like it can lean back more than enough for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
Holes need to be drilled in the plastics?
Yes, you have to get to some reinforced steel somehow! You may know that we manufactured a very popular selling roll bar for the Boss 302's as well. As was the case in the "old" (S197) platform, these rear plastic side trim panels were shared among ALL Mustang trim levels. I strongly suspect the same will be true of the GT350/GT350R. In other words, this is a non-unique panel and easy to source. That said, with our kits we will be supplying a pair of plastic "plugs". Should you decide to ever remove the roll bar you will have the option to either plug these holes (the plugs actually look pretty good and I regret that I didn't get a pic or two), or you can replace these panels.

joints in the rear down tubes, and the cross bar and main diagonal don't intersect or in the same plane.
The down tubes are completely symmetrical and in the same plane. The harness bar is kicked back to accommodate driver seat travel. The diagonal remains in plane with the main hoop for maximum strength. Production bars will have a welded connector between the diagonal and the harness bar (good eye). Note that passenger seat travel loses 1-click of full travel, or 2 clicks if more aggressively reclined. It is a very modest infringement on the passenger seat movement.

Can I ask if you lose the ability to slightly recline the passenger seat...
With two clicks (~1.25"?), the passenger seat is just fine. I'm 6'-2" and have no issues in the passenger seat..... with the exception that I'd prefer to be driving! LOL

SN4ke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang, GT350r on order
Looks good and clever design. Would buy. Plans to fit this into an R at some point just for a visual?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Had one on my Boss Laguna Seca - it looked awesome.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
sub'd. how much is this going to be?

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Those welds though...

Sponsored
OP
OP

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
Looks good and clever design. Would buy. Plans to fit this into an R at some point just for a visual?
We believe the R owners represent the biggest opportunity - at least for those owners who will occasionally reward their BEAST with some occasional track time! As such, during the design we have kept our aim clearly on the R. We believe the rear side panels (the ones with the hole) we be identical to other model/trims of the Mustang. Certainly from a "structure" point of view we know they are identical. So, the only difference in installation trim will be the trimming that may be needed on the R's factory rear seat delete kit. However, we believe this will be easy/straightforward because we have some substantive base plates that are fitted first - and are small enough to position and trim around. In short, the R - just as the Laguna Seca was in our previous roll bar kit, is the target - but simultaneously we want to have a solution for GT350 and GT owners alike. By NOT requiring a Rear Seat Delete kit, we believe that we can save owners some money and perhaps make the install more easily reversible for those persons who have this concern.

Those welds though...
LOL, thanks for pointing that out Joe!! Yes, this bar kit was our first out of the Jig and it was rather hastily MIG welded. The plan is that production bars will be TIG welded - just as our 2005-2014 bars are.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
LOL, thanks for pointing that out Joe!! Yes, this bar kit was our first out of the Jig and it was rather hastily MIG welded. The plan is that production bars will be TIG welded - just as our 2005-2014 bars are.
I'd like to see a sample of your "real" welding. The one pictured looks like one of Helen Keller's better attempts. :shrug:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I'd like to see a sample of your "real" welding. The one pictured looks like one of Helen Keller's better attempts. :shrug:
Look at the Boss bars on their site. This isn't new hat for them.

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
Very interested in one for my GT350 (if I ever get it).
Will go with black or white, not sure which will be best in my DIB w/stripes.
Please post pricing as soon as you can.
Sponsored