thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
How soon? ;)
The sooner Chevy announces the LT4 Camaro the better.

We are looking for a mule with a camo'd and covered rear. We assume the GT500 has a slight/moderate track increase. We are not sure if they are hiding them with a GT or GT350 front. If they are not camo'd up and look normal, the rear cover is the only way to tell. Could have rotor covers...

Track increases to maybe to compensate for 325/335 in the rear.

What does the Rocket use? It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a similar design.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Rocket.....

The tyres? Sorry, tires ;)

275/35 ZR21 front
325/30 ZR21 back

You can see them here:

[ame]

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Not that I have anything against smaller forced induction engines, but I really hope not. Not in a halo pony car at least.
I think the info is starting to percolate out in the wild that a TTV6 will be finding its way into a GT500. If its good enough for the 2016 Ford GT.....

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
If its good enough for the 2016 Ford GT.....
No doubt it'll be fast, it just won't have the V8 sound.

It's personal preference, but just imagine if they went all electric for the GT500 instead. For some cylinder count matters. It's also a trend that we're seeing. The Ford GT, Raptor, and now (assuming rumors are true) the GT500? How long until the V8's are gone?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
No doubt it'll be fast, it just won't have the V8 sound.

It's personal preference, but just imagine if they went all electric for the GT500 instead. For some cylinder count matters. It's also a trend that we're seeing. The Ford GT, Raptor, and now (assuming rumors are true) the GT500? How long until the V8's are gone?
Oh, I agree 1000000000%. The V8 sound is music to our ears for sure.

No clue on how long it will be around. I am very curious about this as well and when Ford will even begin to hint that the V8's will be gone or used in very, very limited quantities or vehicles.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This HAS to be a V8 or I'll be crushed :(

Twin turbos or supercharger, I don't mind, but the King of the Road NEEDS a V8!

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I have anything against smaller forced induction engines, but I really hope not. Not in a halo pony car at least.
The future is coming, whether you want it to or not. GM has done a great job perpetuating the archaic pushrods V8, but as long as the CAFE regulations continue to be enforced, you will see motors like that in fewer and fewer applications until they finally discontinue their use.

Having owned two past GT500's, a 2007 and a 2010, I can honestly say I would have ZERO issues seeing a TTV6 GT500 in a factory-warranted production car.

Ford seems to be positioned for the future much better than GM when it comes to power plants. Time will tell if GM will move into the 21st century or keep living in the 20th.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ford needs to sell more 1 litre ecoboosts (do you guys get the 3-cylinder over there? We have it in the Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo).

If they sold a bunch of those, there would be room for the V8s in the line-up.

Ford needs a 4 litre twin turbo V8...........and if they can't build one themselves, buy one from Mercedes. Aston Martin are about to do just that.......

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
The future is coming, whether you want it to or not. GM has done a great job perpetuating the archaic pushrods V8, but as long as the CAFE regulations continue to be enforced, you will see motors like that in fewer and fewer applications until they finally discontinue their use.

Having owned two past GT500's, a 2007 and a 2010, I can honestly say I would have ZERO issues seeing a TTV6 GT500 in a factory-warranted production car.

Ford seems to be positioned for the future much better than GM when it comes to power plants. Time will tell if GM will move into the 21st century or keep living in the 20th.
I was just discussing personal preference on engine noise, no need to turn this into a Ford vs Chevy debate. I swear man, you might need to start thinking about charging Chevy rent with all the time they spend inside your head. :lol:

That's not to say you don't speak the truth (the C7 Z06 comes to mind - couldn't meet emissions and mpg requirements staying NA), just that you're starting to go out of your way to bait out a debate. I'm not a Chevy fanboy, while I do wish the Mustang would outperform the Camaro it's not going to sway my wallet unless Chevy can fix the ugliness that is the Alpha/Zeta Camaro. It's a look only their designers could love. But I'm still going to call out misinformation when I see it. Truth is truth and some posters on here are making stuff up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Looking for a Prototype...

GT350 Front Fenders
Hood Canvas Covered
Fascia Canvass Covered
Rear Quarter, Trunk-lid and Deck Panel Canvass Covered
Rotor Covers

Maybe 305mm front and 325mm rear.

Independently, we heard a 650+HP Supercharged V8 for 2017 (target). This would be enough to match a Hellcat and LT4 Camaro initially.

The TTV8 would be the real intention. 800+HP? Hot Rod has also poked fun at an 808HP rumor in their April Fools joke for a HALO Camaro.

The 808HP figure probably holds weight.

We could see a GT type GT500 Prototype and a GT350 type GT500. Depends on if the first 2017 GT500 is Supercharged or not.

This is Prototype Season, I am hoping someone on Mustang Alley spots one.

The Mustang GT350's caught at the Drag Strip were NOT GT500's, they were actually GT350's. Could have been a baseline run for the GT500 though. They will need Performance data from the GT350 to build on top of. Don't want another GT500/Boss Performance jam up like last Gen. They are doing it right this time.

Motorsport is the most important Mustang venue, that needed fulfilled. The HALO Mustang is next and will be just something completely different.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks Pill...........for what it's worth, I really really really really REALLY hope you're right :ford:
Sponsored