Stepped up to a 18GTPP from a 15v6

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
As a 12 year owner of a V6 Mustang, congratulations! Should have my own upgrade arriving in a couple of months.
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
:cheers:Congrats! Another V6 buddy gone the way of the GT. Enjoy driving it! Mines hibernating for the winter after only 2 weeks of ownership. I get to look at mine for 4 months :(

Cruising18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Oxford White GT
Looks great, Hertz! ..and congrats!! I'm curious -- what do you think of the Oxford White in person compared to some of the darker colors like Kona Blue or Magnetic? I love Oxford White and ordered my 18 in the same color, but sometimes find myself second guessing my original decision. Primarily because I haven't seen a 2018 in Oxford White in person just yet. I'd appreciate your thoughts if you have a chance!

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Haha so heres the thing about the white to me. I never really cared for them......until I saw white s550s around town with black accents. I would awe at those and even white dodge chargers with the black accents. That stormtroooper look was just sexy to me. Imo those 2 cars look frkin great in white.
The white just looks classy to me, the s550s look very sporty so I think it can make it look like a more expensive car than it really is...weird but thats what I think haha.
Dont get me wrong...I love the darker colors like kona, black, metallic, guard..but that white gives it a pop without being flashy like yellow or orange, plus it gives you a great view of the actual shape of the car. I cant stop staring at it. I guarantee youre gonna love the white. I just hope you got some black rims.

And yes the middle console is still that cheap plastic material...not sure if the premiums have better material, I dont think they do though.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Looks great, Hertz! ..and congrats!! I'm curious -- what do you think of the Oxford White in person compared to some of the darker colors like Kona Blue or Magnetic? I love Oxford White and ordered my 18 in the same color, but sometimes find myself second guessing my original decision. Primarily because I haven't seen a 2018 in Oxford White in person just yet. I'd appreciate your thoughts if you have a chance!
White contours the body lines of the S550 design very well. I personally think it's the best color for showing the design of the car because the shadows cast very well. I also prefer a non stage 3 paint for touching up. I like special color cars for show but that's about it. White also does not draw a lot of attention.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Very nice car! Congrats on the storm trooper!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to like that spoiler. I wonder how it would look wrapped gloss black (along with the roof) but leaving the supports white.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
White contours the body lines of the S550 design very well. I personally think it's the best color for showing the design of the car because the shadows cast very well. I also prefer a non stage 3 paint for touching up. I like special color cars for show but that's about it. White also does not draw a lot of attention.
YES! Exactly, that is the perfect explanation. I also find that the white really pops at night, the contrast between the night and the white car is just beautiful and the aggressive looks and stance of this car just makes it even more menacing. I know you say that white doesn’t attract a lot of attention, but ive been getting looks left and right with this car. Funny because I hated the look of the 18 when I first saw it but now I can’t stop looking at it. UGH im at work right now and id much rather be out driving. Anyways, here are a couple of pictures we took of the car at night right before I drove her out the lot. I love how she looks at night.
GT4.jpg
GT5.jpg

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Congrats, dude. I'm gonna be upgrading my V6 in like 3-5 years but it's gonna have be a family car.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Congrats, dude. I'm gonna be upgrading my V6 in like 3-5 years but it's gonna have be a family car.
That sounds good man. Enjoy the v6 until then, I enjoyed the hell outta mine

Sponsored

Cruising18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Oxford White GT
YES! Exactly, that is the perfect explanation. I also find that the white really pops at night, the contrast between the night and the white car is just beautiful and the aggressive looks and stance of this car just makes it even more menacing. I know you say that white doesn’t attract a lot of attention, but ive been getting looks left and right with this car. Funny because I hated the look of the 18 when I first saw it but now I can’t stop looking at it. UGH im at work right now and id much rather be out driving. Anyways, here are a couple of pictures we took of the car at night right before I drove her out the lot. I love how she looks at night.

Looks great! Do you have any pictures of the rear valence/spoiler as well?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I did not need to see that car in white.

I have to keep reminding myself I don't like the way it looks.

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Looks great! Do you have any pictures of the rear valence/spoiler as well?
This is what I have so far. I will be taking more pictures later on with a better camera.
GT6.jpg
GT7.jpg

OP
OP
Stormtrooper5.0

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I did not need to see that car in white.

I have to keep reminding myself I don't like the way it looks.
Lol white is ugly, I wouldn't get it in a Mustang. :D:D

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
White/Black FTW ;). Overplayed? Sure, but for a reason.
IMG_20171211_200830_874.jpg
IMG_20171212_104848_252.jpg
Sponsored