Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
May want to check your state laws.

§65. Drag racing and racing on public roads and certain property; exemptions
A. No person shall drive any vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration, or for the purpose of making a speed record upon the public roads in this state or upon any publicly-owned or privately-owned property to which the public's access is not prohibited, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, speed competition, drag race, test of physical endurance, exhibition, or attempt to make a speed record.
Who said anything about racing? Everything above is about actual competition on the road, and I never posted about any such thing.

The area I live in is rife with cops every 500 feet. I accelerate hard away from lights (on the rare occasion I have the pole-position) without tire spin/squeal, take corners I know very well hard, brake late at times when it can be fun. Basically, I have fun at no more than 5MPH over the speed-limit.

It works well.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vato

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=26661]NoVaGT[/MENTION] you woke up on the wrong side of bed. Go back to sleep.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Virginia's State Police department is by far one of the rudest and illogical agencies I have ever had to deal with. When I was doing undergrad at ODU, I was pulled over in my ragtag E36 M3 because of not mounting a front license plate. I tried to explain that Norfolk ordinances do not require a front license plate and it is registered in Norfolk. I asked if they could just use discretion in assessing the situation, both troopers responded ''we don't use discretion, just enforcing the law.''
So the troopers were enforcing state law - and you were pissed they didn't let you slide? State law trumps city ordinances FYI. Seriously?

I have a co-worker who refuses to put a front plate on his Vette (bought out of state) he has received a couple of warnings and at this point several tickets. He pays them - but at least he admits he is breaking the law and it's on him.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So now I’m being a good boy on the road. Last night I’m on the fast lane with the flow of traffic going approximately 75. Going just a few mph faster than the guy next to me. I could see he was looking at the stang. So I keep my speed to let him check it out. There are cars everywhere on the freeway at 8pm. Some guy comes up real fast on my 6. At first I thought it was someone raging. I move over and he moves over. Now I’m thinking police? He hangs behind me for a minute. Comes around my left flies by me. He wasn’t even local police. Some other town cop. I respect police officers for what they face everyday but that was a jerk move. I sense having this kind of car is what attracts the jerks. Is it envy? Is it hate? I’m glad I didn’t get a ticket but then again I don’t believe that was this officers plan. That’s abuse of power. He might of had a bad day and maybe that made him feel good. Whatever.
75 mph - what was the speed limit?

Abuse of power? Did he pull you over? Did he harm you? Did he ticket you for speeding? Seriously?

Sure there are asshole cops, but there are assholes in EVERY profession. Some of the cops I know, I don't know how they do it. Get pulled over for speeding or otherwise breaking the law - and the cop is an asshole. Get in a wreck, get hurt - assaulted etc - the first number you call is 911.

I've met asshole cops before. Even got tickets. But every time I got a ticket, I was BREAKING the law - so regardless of how I FEEL about it - I was guilty. Cops enforce the law. If you don't like the law, take it up with your state representatives.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Who said anything about racing? Everything above is about actual competition on the road, and I never posted about any such thing.

The area I live in is rife with cops every 500 feet. I accelerate hard away from lights (on the rare occasion I have the pole-position) without tire spin/squeal, take corners I know very well hard, brake late at times when it can be fun. Basically, I have fun at no more than 5MPH over the speed-limit.

It works well.
Don't go more than 5MPH over the speed limit, but have all the fun you want under that number. Accelerate hard, brake late, corner hard, but keep it to 5MPH over the limit.

Just saying, if you have this in your state law and your "accelerating hard" up to the speed limit could be considered exhibition of speed or acceleration.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Seriously guys.

Mustang forum? Speeding tickets and this is the conversation? Do any of you guys even fight the tickets? I know the internet is forever but I am so old 29 years ago is safe and besides it’s part of the record somewhere in the Ministry of Transportation. Anyways: 24 tickets in two years with only 4 convictions. Some of the tickets were truly “impressive” and I’ll stop there. Anyone top that? :D

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
You guys have it easy across the pond. I've never seen a speed camera in the US, including on highways/motorways? They must be very rare
Baltimore and D.C. Have em. Or did when I lived there. Not sure if D.C.ones were active though as people were always doing 15+ in areas they had signage posted

I found out the hard way in Baltimore. Got me coming and going at same intersection when I was running late to a football game and made a wrong turn. Ticket was cheap though and considered non moving violation

OracleHCR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Otis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP1, Mag, AE
So now I’m being a good boy on the road. Last night I’m on the fast lane with the flow of traffic going approximately 75. Going just a few mph faster than the guy next to me. I could see he was looking at the stang. So I keep my speed to let him check it out. There are cars everywhere on the freeway at 8pm. Some guy comes up real fast on my 6. At first I thought it was someone raging. I move over and he moves over. Now I’m thinking police? He hangs behind me for a minute. Comes around my left flies by me. He wasn’t even local police. Some other town cop. I respect police officers for what they face everyday but that was a jerk move. I sense having this kind of car is what attracts the jerks. Is it envy? Is it hate? I’m glad I didn’t get a ticket but then again I don’t believe that was this officers plan. That’s abuse of power. He might of had a bad day and maybe that made him feel good. Whatever.
It isn’t the “fast lane”. It is the passing lane. If you aren’t passing someone, you shouldn’t be in it. You definitely shouldn’t be keeping the speed because you think someone is looking at your car. In most states riding in the passing lane is a ticketable offense, but not enforced. I know Florida has started enforcing the law though.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Passing lane?

In Texas we have Sheriff's SUV's and Charger's with "Ghosted" reflective signage. The passing lane law is here too, and is being enforced with officer's discretion. I've again, not had a ticket, just a warning from a Trooper. I am 58 years young, but very "street wise", defensive driver too!
IMG_20171102_155713_719.jpg

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Seriously guys.

Mustang forum? Speeding tickets and this is the conversation? Do any of you guys even fight the tickets? I know the internet is forever but I am so old 29 years ago is safe and besides it’s part of the record somewhere in the Ministry of Transportation. Anyways: 24 tickets in two years with only 4 convictions. Some of the tickets were truly “impressive” and I’ll stop there. Anyone top that? :D
I fought every ticket I've ever gotten. I've only had 13 tickets lifetime but about 30 years ago I did pull a license suspension for racking up 3 in one stop. That was me racing a Buick T-type and blowing past a cop on the side of the road. So I got Contest of Speed, Exhibition of acceleration, Unsafe speed for conditions, Speeding 105/55 and Unsafe Lane Change. I fought it in court so they dropped the Exhibition of acceleration, Unsafe speed for conditions and Unsafe Lane change and dropped the 105 to 80 so I could take Defensive Driving but then after we agreed on the plea the judge rejected the defensive driving and suspended my license for 90 days. I'm sometimes surprised I survived my 20s.

In Texas we have Sheriff's SUV's and Charger's with "Ghosted" reflective signage. The passing lane law is here too, and is being enforced with officer's discretion. I've again, not had a ticket, just a warning from a Trooper. I am 58 years young, but very "street wise", defensive driver too!
My last trip from Houston to Nacogdoches had almost "autobahn" compliance with the left lane passing law. DPS must have a trooper "descretioning" the hell out of that section of 59. :headbang:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Minnesota drivers and Wisconsin Highway Patrol

WHP love to ticket Minnesota drivers. They usually are lenient up to 5 mph above the limit. I used to drive from Chicago to MN quite often. At 3 AM and with absolutely no traffic, I had someone come up on me; I had set the cruise control to the speed limit. He tailgated me so close that I couldn't see his headlights in any mirror. He did this for over 10 miles! I finally realized that it was a Wisconsin HP car and he was trying to get me to go above the speed limit. When someone tailgates you and you're not on cruise...you tend speed up. I thought at first to slam on my brakes and have Wisconsin buy me a new GT. Better...I set my cruise to 5 mph above minimum speed and waited. Finally, the cop got frustrated and roared out around me and disappeared over the horizon.

urkmywrld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L
With Mustang and other 2 door Muscle cars its an invitation to HP and City Cruisers for more Monitoring.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
With Mustang and other 2 door Muscle cars its an invitation to HP and City Cruisers for more Monitoring.
Yeah, I've got a Lidar detector that tells me not only when I'm targeted but what gun their using. I don't speed around town but these local cops always shoot me coming then they'll flip around and hit me going many times. In fact once this moto cop is just lasering me the whole time this truck was passing me. Clearly they have boners for Mustangs.