barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Does anyone have any pictures of the factory transmission cooler lines or installation. I'm not sure how to route the cooler lines and I'm confused by the pictures in the factory instructions.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Does anyone have any pictures of the factory transmission cooler lines or installation. I'm not sure how to route the cooler lines and I'm confused by the pictures in the factory instructions.
Hey Gordon,
Didn't [MENTION=27928]50Deep[/MENTION]post some pics in his original build thread? In any case, good luck w the install:thumbsup: Curious, did the transmission come w the fluid already loaded?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Not sure if this pic helps any. At least see how they come out of the coolers and the general direction and angle. If I would have known yesterday I could have taken all of the pics you wanted when the whole front end was off.
IMG_9303.jpg

OP
OP
barstowpo

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Tank, I'm told the trans is fluid filled and looking at the warnings on the crate I suspect that is so. I am not that far along yet. Houston Kid thanks that picture does help. I have the cooler mounted but I'm unsure of the tube routing.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Tube Mounting

Mount the lines from below, they run very close to the transmission. It is a very tight area so I don't really think pics of the longer rear section of lines will help much. Feed it forward until the two brackets are in their mounting locations, and the forward section of each meet up with the lines from the cooler (Need to open the hood to see the forward section of the lines and connect the push fittings). If you have a Steeda G-Trac brace it makes it more difficult, needs to be removed, although if you are replacing the entire transmission that needs to be done anyway I would imagine.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Tube routing

If you haven't yet mounted the smaller section of lines to the cooler, do that first, it is the trickier part. You must first mount the small approx 5inch black bracket from the kit. See pic. Oh, and make sure to use the blue medium strength thread locker on EVERY bolt/nut you install, none of the nuts provided in the kit are nylon locknuts and will vibrate loose in days with the Voodoo if you do not use thread locker (ask me how I know, lol). If you need more pics of a specific area let me know, I have a ton, don't want the moderators on here to hate me by posting tons.
Front Cooler tube bracket.jpg

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
One more quick piece of advise to anyone doing this, I have noticed several pics on here of incorrect mounting of the air damn that is installed after the blocking plate is removed. The Ford labels should be on the OUTSIDE of the duct or you have it inside-out.... rather outside-in, lol. Said another way, once it is installed you should not see any labels within the air ducts while looking at the front of the car.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
A picture I gleaned from here a while back.
Ooooo! That's a great pic. I didn't take off my bumper or any underbody shields when I installed mine so I have no fancy pics like that. I do have scratches on my arms still healing though. :lol: I just removed the wheel and fender liner, and a few screws from the right side of the underbody shield to give me a little working room.

OP
OP
barstowpo

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Zombo and rb92gt thank you very much. Those are exactly the pictures I needed. I don't think my instructions mentioned the bracket. If they did I missed it entirely and that was the source of my confusion. Also a great suggestion about the Locktite.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Also a great suggestion about the Locktite.
Dammit, now I need to crawl around my car checking for loose bolts :doh:
Sponsored