Sponsored

New MD owner here

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
I posted this in the general "introduce yourself" thread, but figured I'd post here as well to say hi to all of my neighbors.

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for the past month or two while I made up my mind on what new car I wanted to buy. After much deliberating, I was down to a FRS/BRZ (my long-term choice for the past couple of years,) and this new-fangled Mustang thing (which I first saw in concept form at the Philly auto show last year, which definitely got my attention.) Well, a test drive was had last weekend, and this is what I drove home last night (in the snow, no less!)

Previous to this I have been driving around a 2006 Scion tC for nearly the past 10 years (bought it in early 2005.) For a time I was into showing it and did some mods, but as the years passed and the miles amassed it has been mostly reverted to stock. It still runs great, but at 176k, even with it being a Toyota it has started to have a few issues here and there, and I decided it was finally time to add a second car. I've only been talking about a new car for years!

Overall I obviously have a love for the imports, as well as domestics. Other cars in the running over the past few years have included the Camaro, WRX, and 370z. I grew up with a bunch of influence from my dad who is a pretty serious Chevy guy (and who has a badass '71 Chevelle.) He has forgiven me for buying a ford :D This is my first Mustang, but not my first Ford. That unfortunately dubious honor went to a late 90's Taurus which was my at the time wife's car. I'll be gentle in saying that it was junk, or maybe we just got a serious lemon. Thankfully it seems the brand quality has vastly improved since then!

The plan for now is to see how the aftermarket shakes out over the next year or so (and how I feel about the car by then.) I'm already very impressed with what has been done...which is largely why I'm here and a shiny new toy is in my driveway :cool: I'm sure the modding bug will bite me again eventually...
Sponsored

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Nice. What part of MD?

OP
OP

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carroll county. It's nice and quiet out here! And fairly close to the mountains which is a huge plus.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
Welcome

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Welcome from VA!

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Welcome from the not so quiet part(Harford County)of Maryland :)

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
One more for a future MD meet!

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Congrats on your purchase!!

OP
OP

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone!

Debbie@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Congrats I love the color. WELCOME !!!!!

BTW were in CC as well.

Debbie@WMS
Sponsored