Sponsored

2018 ECOBOOST TRACK TIMES

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Just been curious what folks have ran stock with the A10 transmissions with the 2018 ecoboosts. I cannot find a video anywhere with a time or time slips on here. I'm thinking there won't really be any difference in Et's but none the less, if you've ran post up those slips.
Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Slow Af....14.7. But I had real bad heat soak issues on the stock IC.
Mine is a PP as well

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Hopefully a good tune and IC would fix that.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Same here, 90 degree ambiant charge temps in the 130 range, 14.3 is the best I can muster, I can't wait to give it a shot in the later fall early winter. I'm guessing this thing has mid 13's in it. Just need better air

Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I'm planning on hitting the track Fri night. I have my catback and MAP street installed so we shall see how much of a difference it all makes. Just daily driving I've noticed the power is very consistent now so heat soak has gone wayyyyyyyy down.

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm planning on hitting the track Fri night. I have my catback and MAP street installed so we shall see how much of a difference it all makes. Just daily driving I've noticed the power is very consistent now so heat soak has gone wayyyyyyyy down.
Make sure you give us an update on the numbers you see!

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Make sure you give us an update on the numbers you see!

Sorry for the late update. Best I ran was a 13.9! Very much improved. I also reduced my tire pressure and launched at a higher rpm. Traction control off but left advantrac on. Sport mode shifting. I am impressed but still feel I could do a bit better once I learn the launch more.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sorry for the late update. Best I ran was a 13.9! Very much improved. I also reduced my tire pressure and launched at a higher rpm. Traction control off but left advantrac on. Sport mode shifting. I am impressed but still feel I could do a bit better once I learn the launch more.
Nice man, what was the DA? I'm waiting until Nov to go back, this car does not like AZ summer temps for drag racing.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Nice man, what was the DA? I'm waiting until Nov to go back, this car does not like AZ summer temps for drag racing.
Tell me about it man, temps here are not conducive for Wild Horse Pass or racing in general but come fall / winter should be an amazing time !

Sponsored
OP
OP

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Do you have a tune or was that stock with the bolt-on parts you listed?
Also did you shift yourself or let the car shift itself?

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I am on the stock tune. I have no idea what the DA was but it was in the lower 90s upper 80s high humidity, typical Houston weather. I had the car in sport, advanced trac on, trac control off, and let the car shift itself.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
I'd also like to add that I had bad wheel hop. I need to get the cradle lock outs again for this car. I had them on my 2015 and they were awesome!

Brodie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Whats up Fella's i'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for a while. I just picked up a 2018 Kona Blue base Ecoboost Automatic non PP on Monday. After my break-in period I'm looking forward to taking it to my local track an seeing what it will do. I live in Southern New Jersey and around 15 minutes from Atco Dragway. Atco is known for some of the best DA and quickest quarter mile times in the country. i'm sure its going to take a few trips to the track to figure this thing out but I'm game. I appreciate seeing your results and look to add mine soon. Any Idea what a Non PP might run in good air?
fullsizeoutput_32ea.jpeg

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Whats up Fella's i'm new to the forum but I've been lurking for a while. I just picked up a 2018 Kona Blue base Ecoboost Automatic non PP on Monday. After my break-in period I'm looking forward to taking it to my local track an seeing what it will do. I live in Southern New Jersey and around 15 minutes from Atco Dragway. Atco is known for some of the best DA and quickest quarter mile times in the country. i'm sure its going to take a few trips to the track to figure this thing out but I'm game. I appreciate seeing your results and look to add mine soon. Any Idea what a Non PP might run in good air?
fullsizeoutput_32ea.jpeg
Welcome to the site! You should throw a few pics up on the intro section of the site if you've got the time :)
Sponsored