Aussie Mustang - Oil change warning

steerage250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback, 1928 Model A Ford
Just done my first filter change on the GT - definitely the worst filter location I have ever come across. Don't be mislead my the US videos of GT filter changes - the one done by Enoch in the UK referenced earlier in this thread is accurate.

I have only a few things to add that haven't been said already:
- Enoch said removing the passengers wheel wasn't really necessary - I'd hate to have tried without removing (definitely worth-while)
- I drilled a small hole at the bottom of the flap (that you have to pull-up that is behind the wheel) so I could tie it up to the spring to keep it out of the way
- the filter cup is definitely a good idea, and the correct Ryco one for the Z928 filter is part# RST219 (74mm with 14 flutes) (I didn't have a 27mm spanner, but my 1/2" drive ratchet handle just managed to squeeze onto the end of the cup)
Sponsored

Last edited:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
- Enoch said removing the passengers wheel wasn't really necessary - I'd hate to have tried without removing (definitely worth-while)
I agree 100% with this. I tried without taking the wheel off and just couldn't get into the space. Once I took it off it was easier (still not easy!) as most of the work I found had to come in straight from the side.

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got my mechanic to order a Ford filter and checked with Ford to get the correct spec for the oil and put in Liqui Moly (some special hi tech version suited to the engine) and good as gold ever since. Oil that came out was pretty dirty at 6800k,s.
Can you please tell me what grade/type of Liqui Moly you used as this is the oil i am wanting to use in my 5.0?

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Ok update time.

Received the car today been 4 weeks to the day.
So first thing didn’t receive any paperwork yet, been told that the engine has the same VIN.
Correct me if I’m wrong but is that possible been told bend new engine.

Second thing is my tune has been removed and on the way home the engine light did come on and felt like the car was running on 4 cylinders after a min the car acted fine again and flashing engine light gone.

Got home got changed gone out for a quick spin and flashing engine light again for a min than it’s gone again should I be concerned not sure.

Anyway got car booked on Thursday to get my tune back and have the KPM oil cooler kit put on.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
So first thing didn’t receive any paperwork yet, been told that the engine has the same VIN.
Correct me if I’m wrong but is that possible been told bend new engine.
There's the engine number and the VIN, they can't be the same. They may have a way of giving it the same engine # as the one you had.

Can you please take a video when you bend the engine? :D

Sponsored

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
Yeah sorry meant engine number.

Just want it tuned so I can give it a boot.

fomofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can you please tell me what grade/type of Liqui Moly you used as this is the oil i am wanting to use in my 5.0?
Special Tec F

It's 5W-30 weight and WSS-M2C913-D approved, which is what's specified for the GT as well as the EcoBoost.
Sponsored