Aussie Exhausts

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Hi all new to the forums, just wondering if anyone has actually installed a corsa extreme and what do they think of it, and if they have had any problems with it
Yeah, I’ve had mine on for 18 months. No issues at all. It is fuckin loud, but I’m soon going to add headers to mine. Will need a few resonators to quieten it down once that happens though ;)

What do I think? It’s fucking amazing, loud as shit when you’re booting it, and super quiet on the highway. I’ve honestly never experienced an exhaust that is as good at muffling drone frequency. There is no intrusion in the cabin from this exhaust, 11/10 would recommend

Got a couple videos on my insta, link in sig
Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi all new to the forums, just wondering if anyone has actually installed a corsa extreme and what do they think of it, and if they have had any problems with it
Hi Ima You are in Melbourne, call in we are in Moorabbin and you can have a listen to our car currently fitted with Borla S Type and American Racing Headers. No drone and a great sound. We are the Authorised Australian Borla Distributor we stock the entire range and we are also the Australian Distributor for American Racing Headers. We offer excellent deals for forum members. Call me on 03 9553 6915 suspensionpartsonline.com.au

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yeah, I’ve had mine on for 18 months. No issues at all. It is fuckin loud, but I’m soon going to add headers to mine. Will need a few resonators to quieten it down once that happens though ;)

What do I think? It’s fucking amazing, loud as shit when you’re booting it, and super quiet on the highway. I’ve honestly never experienced an exhaust that is as good at muffling drone frequency. There is no intrusion in the cabin from this exhaust, 11/10 would recommend

Got a couple videos on my insta, link in sig
if you want a more human friendly but just as awesome possibly more , because its not bursting your ears so you can actually hear something, its called corsa sport.

the rest same as above.. recommend 12/10 because ears still not broken

didibabawu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
More info on your American racing headers? Can't find anything on your website.

Hi Ima You are in Melbourne, call in we are in Moorabbin and you can have a listen to our car currently fitted with Borla S Type and American Racing Headers. No drone and a great sound. We are the Authorised Australian Borla Distributor we stock the entire range and we are also the Australian Distributor for American Racing Headers. We offer excellent deals for forum members. Call me on 03 9553 6915 suspensionpartsonline.com.au

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
if you want a more human friendly but just as awesome possibly more , because its not bursting your ears so you can actually hear something, its called corsa sport.

the rest same as above.. recommend 12/10 because ears still not broken
To be fair, the xtreme doesn't burst your ear drums inside the car, all the sound goes out the back. I swapped cars with someone the other day for about an hour, and he was so surprised how quiet it is on the inside

I don't like the sport as much, the deeper sound intrudes into the cabin a bit more. May be better with headers, but I haven't ridden in that setup, only the catback. Still sounds good for sure though

Sponsored

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Got an X force catback fitted with a varex muffler - it is good for anyone in an apartment as on a cold start it is as quiet as stock, and then you can adjust the volume. The sound when the varex muffler valve is open even at 25% is great and not very loud (but definitely heard over the engine/induction noise with the window down), and I was surprised to hear quite a difference in volume between 25, 50, 75 and 100%.

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
Agree jank, Ive had it for a couple of months now, very happy with it. I got the smartphone app version, the geofencing is a great feature.

Got the bug now though, got it booked in for the headers and cats at Sinclair Ford in a few weeks :p

Should have done it the first time around, oh well live and learn. If anyone is considering getting the app version, find a place that wires it into the loom/centre console not the front cigarette plug, another thing I didnt check thoroughly enough.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Agree jank, Ive had it for a couple of months now, very happy with it. I got the smartphone app version, the geofencing is a great feature.

Got the bug now though, got it booked in for the headers and cats at Sinclair Ford in a few weeks :p

Should have done it the first time around, oh well live and learn. If anyone is considering getting the app version, find a place that wires it into the loom/centre console not the front cigarette plug, another thing I didnt check thoroughly enough.
The geofencing is cool. I haven't had to touch the app for a few days now because it's in the right setting wherever I am. Still need to play around with the RPM settings to see what it can do - maybe a nice loud rumble on idle but then go a bit quieter on take off?

I also have to get mine hard wired, but I'm waiting until my dash gets ripped out for evaporator replacement :doh:, then it's off to an auto electrician.

Adrian2073

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT V8 Magnetic
USA Made Exhausts sound like ASS

Is it just me or do all American made exhausts focus on volume rather than quality. To me the all seem to have off sounding resonances and just sound a bit thrashy and unrefined......Here is a clip of a Coyote FPV with difillipo exhaust....now to my ears this sounds the business....angry but refined...like a maserati or audi V8.....the only thing I can think of as to why they don't make the mustang sound like this is that ALL exhaust manufacturers persist with dual pipes the whole way whereas the FPV combine the flows into a single pipe before splitting back out......much nicer sound. When is someone going to go against the norm and produce something more exotic and less generic for mustang.

[ame]

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Is it just me or do all American made exhausts focus on volume rather than quality. To me the all seem to have off sounding resonances and just sound a bit thrashy and unrefined......Here is a clip of a Coyote FPV with difillipo exhaust....now to my ears this sounds the business....angry but refined...like a maserati or audi V8.....the only thing I can think of as to why they don't make the mustang sound like this is that ALL exhaust manufacturers persist with dual pipes the whole way whereas the FPV combine the flows into a single pipe before splitting back out......much nicer sound. When is someone going to go against the norm and produce something more exotic and less generic for mustang.

The FPV is a supercharged 5.0 called Miami, that may also contribute.

It’s a bit different :thumbsup:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
To be honest that doesn't sound much different to the stock Mustang exhaust.

I agree that a large proportion of Americans seem obsessed with loudness, there's a few threads about long tube headers and cats delete - haven't heard a good one.

But, there are some nice sounding cat-back systems out there and a lot depends if you like H-pipe or X-pipe.

Borla Touring & Sport sound good as do Stainless Works, Krone and AWE Touring. I'm biased towards AWE as that's what I have.

Last edited:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
To be honest that doesn't sound much different to the stock Mustang exhaust.

I agree that a large proportion of Americans seem obsessed with loudness, there's a few threads about long tube headers and cats delete - haven't heard a good one.

But, there are some nice sounding cat-back systems out there and a lot depends if you like H-pipe or X-pipe.

Borla Touring & Sport sound good as do Stainless Works, Krone and AWE Touring. I'm biased towards AWE as that's what I have.
Nice post Rspec.

Everyone says our Ford Racing Touring Axle back sounds awesome, and the tips look great.

Spike-S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spike
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Mustang Fastback2016
I have a Corsa Extreme catback fitted, coming up to 2xyears now imported it from the States and it is awesome best mod I've done and would never swap it. Yes its loud at cold start but once driving your right foot controls the volume, punch it hard it roars throttle sensibly it's not overly excessive. Guaranteed for life and no drone!

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

The American exhausts do have their own style of sound. It is not "bad in quality", I would call it "different" to our Aussie style V8 Supercar type exhausts we have always been used to .
After hearing most of the U.S brands on S550 Mustangs in the U.S, we decided in 2015 to cater for customers more used to "refined"( as you mention) V8 sound and build our own Streetfighter exhaust systems to suit. Our customers have definitely loved and commented on the smoother style of the Streetfighter exhaust.

Streetfighter Full Exhaust System
http://streetfighter.net.au/mustang/products-upgrades/mustang-2016-gt-v8/exhaust-packages/

_MG_98932_zpssy6dcenk.jpg
Sponsored