2017 Roush Stage 3

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Can someone add the changes that have to be made to enable the rear fog light indicator on the dash when retrofitting a rear fog light. (should be the same as enabling the pony side projectors using the rear fog light switch button)

comm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vaclav
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hi guys,

since I have a Canadian GT350 which has front tribar LED DRL working in low beam (high beam is only while park. brake is engaged) I would like to change settings with Forscan and have them in high beam all the time, but I don't know which settings exactly. Has anyone from Canada tried it? :)

Thanks.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Can someone add the changes that have to be made to enable the rear fog light indicator on the dash when retrofitting a rear fog light. (should be the same as enabling the pony side projectors using the rear fog light switch button)
It's three steps

in the BCM you have to change

726-28-01 xxxx x*xx xxxx Rear Fog Enable Cfg: 0=disabled --> 1=enabled

726-24-01 xxxx xxxx *xxx Interior Lighting (IL) / White Lighting (WL) / Backlighting LED (BL) / Rear Fog Lamp (RFL) - Circuit DTC (Normal/Inhibited): 5=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL inhib --> 4=IL norm, WL inhib, BL norm, RFL norm

and in the IPC

720-02-02 xxx* xx Rear Fog Indicator Cfg: 0=disabled --> 2=enabled

The first two enable the BCM output to the fog light, while the last one enables the indicator in the dash.

You’d still need a new light switch (with the button for the rear fog) and you need to add the terminals and wiring from the switch to the BCM and from the BCM to the rear fog light itself.

All credit goes to [MENTION=31524]Falk03[/MENTION] who made a really nice write up on the German mustang6.de forum

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How do I edit the "ABS" module? It does not show up where the other as-built data is. I am trying to enable drive modes on base>>sync 3 swapped vehicle.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How do I edit the "ABS" module? It does not show up where the other as-built data is. I am trying to enable drive modes on base>>sync 3 swapped vehicle.
What adapter are you using to connect to the car? Does it have a switch on it?

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I was able to make a ton of changes last night just not under that specific ABS module. Don't think it's the OBD2 but I'll mess with it more

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was able to make a ton of changes last night just not under that specific ABS module. Don't think it's the OBD2 but I'll mess with it more
No, that makes complete sense. Certain modules are HS CAN and others are MS CAN, which is why your device needs the switch in the first place.

And that's also why the auto-switching on the ODBLink MX Bluetooth is so nice.

Sponsored

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I ended up ordering the bluetooth one you suggested. We will see if that solves my issues. Thanks!

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
On another note, I saw in your other thread that you set the theme to night mode at all times for the black background. How did you go about doing that?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
On another note, I saw in your other thread that you set the theme to night mode at all times for the black background. How did you go about doing that?
It's in the normal Sync 3 settings for the screen, under Display I think.

Might be too dim for some during full sunlight, but I prefer it to be unobtrusive.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's in the normal Sync 3 settings for the screen, under Display I think.

Might be too dim for some during full sunlight, but I prefer it to be unobtrusive.
I agree 100% with setting the SYNC3 display to black w/white lettering instead of the very bright white/blue default display setting.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I agree 100% with setting the SYNC3 display to black w/white lettering instead of the very bright white/blue default display setting.
In the full time night mode, I just wish they'd allow you the full range of brightness. You can see it briefly go to full bright and then back down when you switch back and forth.
Sponsored