Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Hey don't shoot the messenger :D I don't know the math behind it. Simply followed the instructions and it worked for me, so I hope it will work for others as well.

Why don't you correct the instructions on how to disable the ANC and post the correct information, so that everyone can benefit? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
...but if the 2^1 bit is the controlling bit and the feature is enabled the value will be 2,3,6,7,A,B,E, or F

0,1,4,5,8,9,C, or D mean the feature is already disabled.
Which I said in my post that you quoted (bit not on). This was only brought up because instructions say subtract 2 regardless of what the current value of the address is. Just because an option is already off doesn't mean the owner knows for sure it is off. If (s)he thinks it's on and subtracts 2, it will change other bits unrelated to that option. So instructions to subtract 2 might be better if they said only if the current value is x or y or.... OR added a footnote to how individual bits are reflected in hex.

I think you are making too much of this. If someone doesn't want to take a suggestion because they don't understand the reason or don't want to prevent the rare mistake by some owners, or just thinks it implied they didn't know this, or any other reason... its not a big deal.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I think most people (if not all) should have a 2 or an A in this position, as the ANC is enabled by default. So I think that simply subtracting 2 will do the job, by satisfyingbthe math behing this ;)

Can you folks check what the digit is at this particular position in your as-built data? This will give us an idea if disabling the ANC can be done the same way for everyone.

Anyway, [MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION] you can add the FORScan codes that I posted (post# 38) in your spreadsheet if you want.

Last edited:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I think most people (if not all) should have a 2 or an A in this position, as the ANC is enebled by default. So I think that simply subtracting 2 will do the job, by satisfyingbthe math behing this ;)

Can you folks check what the digit is at this particular position in your as-built data? This will give us an idea if disabling the ANC can be done the same way for everyone.

Anyway, [MENTION=30267]EastTNMustang[/MENTION] you can add the FORScan codes that I posted (post# 38) in your spreadsheet if you want.
Mine is 8, and I would have subtracted 2 if I didn’t know about hex and binary, that’s why I said the instructions are wrong.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that [MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION]. As I said above, can you amend the instructions on how to disable the ANC and post the correct information, so that everyone can benefit?

Also may I suggest that you go to the main as-built data thread and explain this?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2156808#post2156808

Last edited:

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
OK...I have a doozy of a question...is it possible to disable the climate control buttons on Sync 3 using Forescan?

I know this is an unusual question, but I am going to try to install sync 3 with the premium bezel. However, I would like to keep my base-radio climate controls (meaning I would have to use the base radio circuit board and chop off the upper parts of the board where the menu and phone buttons are).

The idea here is to make it so I can install the toggle switches, but only have them for the emergency flashers, steering wheel, and traction control (i.e. get rid of drive toggle switch since it is essentially useless on a V6).

In looking at the sync 3 swap thread (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82973) and the changes that have to occur with regards to wiring, it looks like this should actually work. However, my question is if there is a way to disable the climate control soft key and display within sync 3 (or try to have it so the soft keys will reflect the fact that I do not have the ability to have dual climate controls)?

Help is appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
OK...I have a doozy of a question...is it possible to disable the climate control buttons on Sync 3 using Forescan?

I know this is an unusual question, but I am going to try to install sync 3 with the premium bezel. However, I would like to keep my base-radio climate controls (meaning I would have to use the base radio circuit board and chop off the upper parts of the board where the menu and phone buttons are).

The idea here is to make it so I can install the toggle switches, but only have them for the emergency flashers, steering wheel, and traction control (i.e. get rid of drive toggle switch since it is essentially useless on a V6).

In looking at the sync 3 swap thread (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82973) and the changes that have to occur with regards to wiring, it looks like this should actually work. However, my question is if there is a way to disable the climate control soft key and display within sync 3 (or try to have it so the soft keys will reflect the fact that I do not have the ability to have dual climate controls)?

Help is appreciated.
On Sync 3 you can remove the soft climate buttons from the screen using FORSCAN...I’ll post the info tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3

Help is appreciated.
Look at the spreadsheet on the first page of this thread...it has the code required to disable the Climate soft buttons on the Sync 3 screen.

Let me know how this works out for you.

OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Spreadsheet (on page 1) is updated with the following:

Stereo output to a flat line value - great for swapping Subwoofers
Car icon on Rear Camera display (most already have, but for those who are swapping equipment)
Stereo - Radio Label shown on screen instead of frequency (only works if radio station has RDS)
Fake Engine Noise Disable - Ecoboost and GT350 (may affect some aftermarket Subs)
Seatbelt Reminder Chime -Disable/Enable
Stereo Volume Indicator on Screen - Round display or Square display
Temperature Display on Screen - Disable, turn off temp. display on screen
Door Lock in Motion - Disable/Enable, locks car doors after your vehicle reaches 12mph (std in US, but export-spec cars are disabled)
Door Lock Horn Honk - Disables the Horn Honk you get when you press the Lock button twice on your keyfob

As always, please let me know if you see any errors or have more codes to add.

Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EastTNMustang

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Spreadsheet (on page 1) is updated with the following:

Add DRL Options
Add DRL Options thru Instrument Cluster/IPC
VIN # Locations (unknown if you can change)
Add Sync 3 Shutdown Screens
Add Sync 3 Lincoln/brown screen theme
Display Vacuum/Boost, Oil Pressure, Transmission Temp (Autos only) gauge displays on Instrument Cluster/IPC
Enable/Disable Sequential Turn Signals
Enable/Disable HD Radio
Enable/Disable Radio RDS info

Let me know if you see any errors or changes needed.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Does the seatbelt reminder only turn off the sound or the dash light as well?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Does the seatbelt reminder only turn off the sound or the dash light as well?
Yes, for me it just turned off the chime and left the dash light on.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Can you add this to block 61?

7D0-03-01 XXXX X*XX XXXX

0 = ford classic, 1 = ford timeless, 2 = lincoln timeless, 3 = lincoln next, 4 = ford blue GT (must also set 7D0-02-01 XXXX XDXX XXXX). Not all these will necessarily work.

4,0, and 1 worked for me.
Sponsored