Sponsored

Sync 2 update?

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Maybe this has been discussed, maybe not. Search didn't yield anything.

Anyway, my wife's Explorer and my GT (both Sync 2) have this issue as described on the Sync updates page. That message has been on the updates page for 4 months now. Anyone know what is up here? Just another example of Sync 2 being shitty and getting neglected because Sync 3 is out? As a person that writes software for a living, I can't believe that a software bug that is severe enough to post a message about, is left to sit out there with no updates for this long. Sorry, I guess this turned into more of a rant than anything else so I'll stop now :).

Posted Dec. 18, 2015: Some 2011 thru 2016 Ford vehicles with MyFord Touch and 3.8 software may have a symptom of Siri Eyes Free not working over Bluetooth properly with iPhones at iOS 9.2 software. Ford is currently working with Apple on a resolution for this. For the time being, having the phone plugged into the USB port allows Siri Eyes Free to operate properly. We recommend that owners of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles have their phones plugged into the USB port to operate Siri. If plugging into the USB port causes Autoplay to start playing USB media, please note that this can be disabled, or enabled, using the process described in the owners manual.
Sponsored

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Maybe this has been discussed, maybe not. Search didn't yield anything.

Anyway, my wife's Explorer and my GT (both Sync 2) have this issue as described on the Sync updates page. That message has been on the updates page for 4 months now. Anyone know what is up here? Just another example of Sync 2 being shitty and getting neglected because Sync 3 is out? As a person that writes software for a living, I can't believe that a software bug that is severe enough to post a message about, is left to sit out there with no updates for this long. Sorry, I guess this turned into more of a rant than anything else so I'll stop now :).

Posted Dec. 18, 2015: Some 2011 thru 2016 Ford vehicles with MyFord Touch and 3.8 software may have a symptom of Siri Eyes Free not working over Bluetooth properly with iPhones at iOS 9.2 software. Ford is currently working with Apple on a resolution for this. For the time being, having the phone plugged into the USB port allows Siri Eyes Free to operate properly. We recommend that owners of MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles have their phones plugged into the USB port to operate Siri. If plugging into the USB port causes Autoplay to start playing USB media, please note that this can be disabled, or enabled, using the process described in the owners manual.

It is basically telling people that 3.8(3.8 is a very recent update) enables Siri eyes free for iPhone.. BUT.. apples latest 9.2 software caused an issue with Siri eyes free and it is not Fords fault.. They are still working on Sync 2.. as it was sold in MILIONS of cars. 3.8 was released a couple months ago.. or so..

Apple release 9.2.1 and it should have fixed it.

But we all have to rant at times.. ha ha.. feel free.. this is a forum to do so

OP
OP

jchristena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It is basically telling people that 3.8(3.8 is a very recent update) enables Siri eyes free for iPhone.. BUT.. apples latest 9.2 software caused an issue with Siri eyes free and it is not Fords fault.. They are still working on Sync 2.. as it was sold in MILIONS of cars. 3.8 was released a couple months ago.. or so..

Apple release 9.2.1 and it should have fixed it.

But we all have to rant at times.. ha ha.. feel free.. this is a forum to do so
Yea, thanks. I guess it would have been nice to say 'this is apples fault and we are at their mercy' but I suppose that's not very professional. Thanks again.
Sponsored