Sponsored

Best transmission fluid?

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I want to change the transmission fluid to make my shifting smoother. What brand would you say is the best? My friend recommended redline but he has a camaro so in not sure how it would be for the mustang
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Redline is good.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Redline is good.
Just got a response from redline that they don't have a product that meets fords spec for xt-11-qdc. As far as I know nobody else does either

Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I swapped to Amsoil Synchromesh and it improved shifting a lot. I just put in an MGW shifter too and I no longer hate this MT-82.

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Apart from the brand what are the specific oil requirements (viscosity, etc) for the MT-82?

OP
OP

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Are there any possible negatives to changing the fluid? Someone told me it could cause problems. Is that true?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Are there any possible negatives to changing the fluid? Someone told me it could cause problems. Is that true?
There is always a chance i suppose. But when you look at how shotty the factory fluid makes it feel do you really want to stick with it? i doubt youll have any issues considering you dont put in atf fluid by mistake. :cheers:

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just got a response from redline that they don't have a product that meets fords spec for xt-11-qdc. As far as I know nobody else does either
Well since no mustangs have a dual clutch transmission I don't know why you are bringing this up.

OP
OP

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
How many quarts does it take? So make sure it isn't automatic transmission fluid?

OP
OP

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
What else can I do to change the feel without spending the $450 on an mgw(eventually I will). Any bushings that actually make a difference?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
How many quarts does it take? So make sure it isn't automatic transmission fluid?
Seems very weird that Ford is calling for XT-11-QDC dual clutch transmission fluid in the manual transmission.
Some people use XT-M5-QS on the MT-82. I find it weird why good ol' GL-4 can't be used on manual transmissions. It's not like the syncros are made of glass or something.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
2.7 quarts.

What else can I do to change the feel without spending the $450 on an mgw(eventually I will). Any bushings that actually make a difference?

Blowfish makes a bracket that's supposed to help.
Sponsored