Sponsored

Last Build Date for MY18?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
As the title say does anyone know a end build date for MY18 or MY19 start date, I know Donlen says 13th June start for 19’s but I believe this to be wrong as I know of a 18 being built this week

Interested because I have a RHD MY18 on order still without a build date which is get close to the end of 18’s build slots :shrug:
Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I would order a 2019 if you can wait a little longer. Slightly better options, unless you want it in lightning blue.

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
No CD player in the '19 unless you order the more expensive stereo.
What is a CD?

haha just kidding. I like the fact that blind spot monitoring and rear camera cross-traffic are included in the 401a package. I had a difficult time finding a 2018 with all the options I wanted plus the smart and safe package.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
I was just at the dealer today getting a price on a special order GT premium ‘18. I’m looking at the printout of the preview order right now. I was going to call my dealer tomorrow and tell him to put the order through. But from what you guys are saying, it is too late now to order an ‘18? Can they order the ‘19s now?

Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
I was just at the dealer today getting a price on a special order GT premium ‘18. I’m looking at the printout of the preview order right now. I was going to call my dealer tomorrow and tell him to put the order through. But from what you guys are saying, it is too late now to order an ‘18? Can they order the ‘19s now?
The 2018 order banks closed back in March. It's unbelievable how many dealers have accepted orders for 18's after that. This is called 'securing a sale'. They know the '18 order banks are closed, but they don't want to lose the sale, or have the customer go looking for an 18 in stock at other dealers. Eventually, they tell the customer it's too late to get an '18 and begin to work them to agree to a '19, which will likely not arrive until late July and have little, if any, buyer incentives.

I'm sure your dealer will try and get you into a '19. If you agree, tell them you want the same price as an '18 and all the buyer incentives that were in place when they said they could order you an '18.

jbcoors24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
Same thing happened this past weekend. Although, the same '19 was cheaper than the '18 we were having built and we get B&O instead of shaker for audio. All in all, the car "sticker" is about $2k cheaper and if the incentives are worse they will at minimum give us what is available now or I will slap them with the xplan i have in my back pocket, which is currently ever so slightly more than what they have quoted us now. Also, they didn't require us to put a deposit down, so we can even walk away if need be. Only slight downside is losing the lightning blue my wife wanted for the velocity blue, but, that was minor. The velocity imo looks pretty good.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info. Thanks for the heads up guys, I’m going to call the dealer up today. I have dealt with this sales manager for years and he has never steered me wrong, so In this case I’m thinking it was just ignorance and he didn’t know any better. If I was to place my order today, about when do you roughly think I would take delivery? Fall?

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Great info. Thanks for the heads up guys, I’m going to call the dealer up today. I have dealt with this sales manager for years and he has never steered me wrong, so In this case I’m thinking it was just ignorance and he didn’t know any better. If I was to place my order today, about when do you roughly think I would take delivery? Fall?
I would think you should have your car around Christmas time,or New Years at the latest.:lol:

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
If your sales manager has been in the business 'for years', he should know dates for order cutoffs.

2018 production ends June 13th. Yes, 18's are still in production. My RC GT Premium was built last week. Those who ordered 19's in early April have mid to late July delivery dates. Ordering one today is likely going to mean August, or later.

Sponsored

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same thing happened this past weekend. Although, the same '19 was cheaper than the '18 we were having built and we get B&O instead of shaker for audio. All in all, the car "sticker" is about $2k cheaper and if the incentives are worse they will at minimum give us what is available now or I will slap them with the xplan i have in my back pocket, which is currently ever so slightly more than what they have quoted us now. Also, they didn't require us to put a deposit down, so we can even walk away if need be. Only slight downside is losing the lightning blue my wife wanted for the velocity blue, but, that was minor. The velocity imo looks pretty good.
If you don’t mind me asking, was the B&O Stereo still an $895 option like the shaker was? He quoted my ‘18 the other day at a price I was happy with using my X-plan, plus he subtracted the current rebates. I’m assuming with the ‘19 there are no rebates? I’m wondering if The car will be around the same price. You saying your ‘19 quote was cheaper gives me hope.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Was going to order a '19, but dealer couldn't, understandably, guarantee any Ford purchase incentives, except Military, when the car arrives. Although, some incentives would probably be available by delivery, nothing in writing. Dealer tried to find something like I wanted in an '18, but nothing in his network close enough. I found several cars nationwide on my own at good prices with all of the '18 incentives available and got a good deal only 2 states away for an MSRP $52k car at $44k out the door. I drive out to take delivery this coming Thursday. My dealer was totally honest with me and didn't blame me for going elsewhere, given the timing of the two MY cycles. I bought my wife's '18 Edge Sport from him and he knows that I'll be back. The only big changes for '18 are automatic rev matching on manuals and and the add/drop of some exterior colors. I'm a 10R80 guy, so no big deal. GT Premium Vert, 10spd Auto, Black Accent Pkg, Safe/Smart Pkg and 3.55 rear. Good luck finding the right '18's or close enough. They're still out there with big incentives...
20180502_132640.jpg

Last edited:

jbcoors24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Vert
If you don’t mind me asking, was the B&O Stereo still an $895 option like the shaker was? He quoted my ‘18 the other day at a price I was happy with using my X-plan, plus he subtracted the current rebates. I’m assuming with the ‘19 there are no rebates? I’m wondering if The car will be around the same price. You saying your ‘19 quote was cheaper gives me hope.
It is still the same. $895 msrp and invoice was $850 i believe. They couldn't promise what the rebates would be by the time it is actually delivered, but would at worst honor what they are now at time of order. I have no idea what made it cheaper, but i'll take it.

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I talked to my dealer today and almost out in a MY19 order, but they can’t use the current $1750 rebates. It doesn’t sound like that much, but the $1750 rebate was my way of justifying adding the PP1. Now I’m in the fence about ordering or continuing to search for a ‘18 to my specs.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I would order a 2019 if you can wait a little longer. Slightly better options, unless you want it in lightning blue.
Or Royal Crimson.
Sponsored