gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Is that your best all time? I know you race all the time and this seems like a huge difference..you on Pirelli's or Michelins? and if you all want to put car on list, put it on list my timeslips up. I'm ordering e-85 tune and cai and thermostat this weekend and i'll go back out and post up here in a couple weeks
That was my best stock time. My car is a 3.15 car on all season Pirelli's.. boo!

Ive since tuned it and put a DR on the back and its gone 11.9@120 in 2500 DA.

I hope to knock that down in the next week or 2!

The Perf Pack cars run HARD right out of the box!
Sponsored

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
went out tonight in approx. 3300 da ,no wheelspin on launch or 1-2 shift ,track was like glue, had jlt intake and lund e-85 race tune, no other mods and had a best of 11.97@ 118 against a best of 11.91 @119 stock in better air, but slightly worse 60'..I had 10 more gallons of fuel than I normally carry which probably helped my 60' and hurt my e.t. still a bit disappointed, even counting for extra fuel and crappy air..logged my last run will send it in and see what's up

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Stock Michelins, and yeah car was in drag mode, shifter in drive, traction control off, its a pp car too if I forgot to mention. good air about 60 degrees out and a 10 mph tailwind..but track was on the cold side negating some of the benefits of the great air
What gear are you running?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
its a pp car so 3:55's
I forgot, hey when your car shifted into 7th how does the pull feel, mine goes completely flat.

Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
Heating up tires that arent slicks or drag radials decreases the grip. No idea why you are doing anything more then a light spin to clean them off.
Define quick spin. Because if you don't see a little smoke that's not enough.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Define quick spin. Because if you don't see a little smoke that's not enough.
Regular radials don't require getting heated up, it simply doesn't help them, I was hitting 1.9 60 footers with a "light spin", probably 5 seconds on the 20" Goodyears which is pretty damn good considering on the street they spin like frightened Chihuahua's.

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
Regular radials don't require getting heated up, it simply doesn't help them, I was hitting 1.9 60 footers with a "light spin", probably 5 seconds on the 20" Goodyears which is pretty damn good considering on the street they spin like frightened Chihuahua's.
Radials definitely need heat. Too much and they don't stick too little and they don't stick. I would regularly pull mid to low 1.8s on street tires once I figured out how much heat to put into the tires.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Radials definitely need heat. Too much and they don't stick too little and they don't stick. I would regularly pull mid to low 1.8s on street tires once I figured out how much heat to put into the tires.
You mileage will vary depending on the radial. ;)

The Goodyears on my 20's that came from Ford didn't benefit at all from a typical warm up. Then again it also depends on if somebody rolled through the water with radials where it won't matter what you do because the meathead in front of you blew his tires off because he was riding through the water his front tires left.

I try to line up behind cars running slicks, they leave a nice groove to follow through.

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
You mileage will vary depending on the radial. ;)

The Goodyears on my 20's that came from Ford didn't benefit at all from a typical warm up. Then again it also depends on if somebody rolled through the water with radials where it won't matter what you do because the meathead in front of you blew his tires off because he was riding through the water his front tires left.

I try to line up behind cars running slicks, they leave a nice groove to follow through.
I have the same car as you, hopefully I should be hitting the track in a week or so, but testing the drag mode on the street I have noticed something similar. In sport plus you pass those triple digits a lot smoother than on drag mode. As soon as i go ill post and see if I notice the same.

But it does feel weird when you hit the triple digits on drag mode...

Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
went out tonight in approx. 3300 da ,no wheelspin on launch or 1-2 shift ,track was like glue, had jlt intake and lund e-85 race tune, no other mods and had a best of 11.97@ 118 against a best of 11.91 @119 stock in better air, but slightly worse 60'..I had 10 more gallons of fuel than I normally carry which probably helped my 60' and hurt my e.t. still a bit disappointed, even counting for extra fuel and crappy air..logged my last run will send it in and see what's up
Interesting. Makes me feel a little better about my 11.8@120 personal best with same mods as you. Although my car is a 3.15 rear car, not 3.55.

It's getting hotter outside so hopes of great DA out West are gone for now!

Im going to try and hit the track again this Wednesday night.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Great runs to all...

I can not wait to run mine. I think I will wait till the temps are a little more reasonable. I do want to run it stock first (engine mod wise) then compare.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Going to GLD in Union Grove Wisconsin tomorrow if the weather holds out, only 78f, not sure what DA will be, physically I believe they are 755ft, last run the DA was around 1500.

Still haven't found a place to test a 1/4 mile run with adv trac off but the car is driving otherwise perfect knock on wood. Can't wait till tomorrow afternoon! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
yeah i'm looking forward to a cooler day to run as well, nothing jiving up weather/workwise.. anytime in near future, thinking about long tubes,cat deletes or lighter rims next, but really want to see more gain from the e-85 in decent weather or I may dyno tune. its weird i'd normally be getting drag radials now,but i'm hooking so well I don't think they would help

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I had a Lund tuned auto 14 GT/CS with cobra jet, big mono blade, x pipe, and 3.15’s that would run 12.1’s off idle on stock 245’s Nero’s. Track is 1500 feet and trap speed 115-116 mph. This 18 GT with just the 93P tune feels faster.
Sponsored