Sponsored

Best coilovers

DBMANN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gtpp,13gtr,13cummins,04 class 7100 tacoma
Hi if anybody can point me in the right direction I'm trying to find the best coilover setup I can get for the track BTW my local tracks are PIR, WSIR, Thunderhill and Laguna sea.

Thanks in advance.:cheers:
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Might want to give a budget, because some of those mentioned are big $$$.

JRi, MCS, Ohlins etc for no budget

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk

Sponsored

Static_LV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem PP, 1969 Mustang Coupe
Toss Penske's into the big budget mix. And if you're going to do it, do it right and get some Hypercoil springs.

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
I have MCS 2W remote reservoir dampers. Love them. For springs I have 2 sets, 1 set of swifts and 1 softer set of hypercos. I also run Vorshlag camber plates up front and Steeda shock mounts in the rear. These coilovers completely transformed my car's handling.

jbird60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

taylor.crandall1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have MCS 2W remote reservoir dampers. Love them. For springs I have 2 sets, 1 set of swifts and 1 softer set of hypercos. I also run Vorshlag camber plates up front and Steeda shock mounts in the rear. These coilovers completely transformed my car's handling.
I would say that MCS coilovers are probably the best bang for your buck. You are getting a motorsport style coilover for a decent price. The guys there used to work for Moton.

Great choice S550GTCS!

AceOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2005, 2011, 2016 Mustang GTPP (Code_Blu), 2016 GT350R (Bloo-Doo)
Ride Tech TQ coilovers also very good

I have been very competitive with my Ride Tech TQ series coil overs and have just completed a 4600 mile two week that included FM3 Cars and Cones and my first Good Guys Auto Cross which I placed 5th in All American Sunday only being beat by Corvettes and one well equipped 70 Camaro. The car has BMR swaybars and all upgraded spherical bearings and was on BFG Rival 315/335 tires. It was remarkably comfortable on the highways and backroads by just reducing the rebound and softening the compression some before hitting the long highway runs. I even left Sunday with a strained lower back (done the day before I left) and drove from south Texas to Jasper Indiana only stopping for fuel. 1100 + miles in the Oem recaro seats. Very thankful to the Quality inn manager that upgraded me to a jaquzzi tub room for the day after arriving in Ohio on Monday! Definately used the tub and my back was good to Auto Cross on Wednesday.
Super pleased with these coil overs. This car does everything (holds records in TX mile events also) and is always competitive and comfortable.

Sponsored

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Not super expensive, but some really good coilovers are Whiteline. MAX G coilovers.

The othe question I have is "what are your goals?"

There are plenty of ways to spend your money....

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Agree with everything above. The "best coilovers" are going to cost you around $1,000 per corner or $4,000 in total.

And then there are the Ohlins............lol
Sponsored